09/01/16 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena

Powerage5

11 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

"Axl is good, but Brian is very good" - no offense to Brian but he can't do that...

I absolutely agree with you. I just read these messages on periscope, drives me crazy because I have not an account there. haha.

I respect Brian but Axl is way better. (I understand their fanaticism and fear in some point though).

Edited by Juliette

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

Brian is pure garbage compared to Axl. 

Sorry just wanted some ACDC fans to come read that so they can freak out for a bit but honestly Axl is better than everyone so idk how Brian could be better. 

Oh, come on. Right now yeah, Axl is way better than Brian. But you've got to remember that Brian's hearing was affecting him on and off on this tour. But when he was on point last year, he sounded extremely good for 67 years old. At his peak, he could go toe-to-toe with Axl for sure.

It's all a matter of opinion though. Yes, I'm sure some people saying Brian is better are just jaded fans who aren't willing to give anyone else a chance, but there's also people who may not be thinking about who is better now. Some people may not realize how Brian's voice has changed compared to 1991. 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Brian is pure garbage compared to Axl. 

Sorry just wanted some ACDC fans to come read that so they can freak out for a bit but honestly Axl is better than everyone so idk how Brian could be better. 

I have to be honest.  I think Brian is a great singer, but I think he has struggled for a long time with singing live and his hearing.  One of the reasons I never paid to see them live in more recent years.  I also tend to favor the Bon era AC/DC anyway.  It would be tough for any frontman to step into Bon's shoes.  I think it is hard to argue that these songs don't sound amazing with Axl.. alot of people have eaten there words and I am glad I read some pretty shitty things... so for me being a GNR and AC/DC fan I mean what a ride... . and he is also chanelling the Bon era at the same time so how could I not love this? I realize there will always be those who don't but Axl has been singing some jaw dropping vocals...

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

I'm his prime, Brian was phenomenal, but he never had the range Axl had/has. 

Maybe not the range, but certainly the power.

As for Brian's range, this video is worth checking out. He may not hit the highest notes Axl can, but he delivers a remarkable amount of power at the top of his range:

• Like 2