Will Brian Be Allowed To Return ?

AFD5

AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson has said he is "amazed" after testing a new hearing device that could potentially allow him to reunite with the band.

Johnson was replaced with Guns 'n' Roses frontman Axl Rose for the band's current Rock or Bust world tour, after medics warned that he was at risk of completely losing his hearing if he chose to continue.

But the singer has now tested a new in-ear monitor, and says that it could pave the way for his return to the band.

The revolutionary device is the brainchild of Asius Technologies founder Stephen Ambrose, who invited Johnson to test it.

If this device works then surely Brian should be allowed to return ? As we all know Axl is only helping DC with their Rock or Bust tour commitments

I think if all goes well with the new in ear device and there is no bad blood like Angus and the boys claim, than absolutely. Axl was only finishing the tour.

With that being saidif Brian cannot do It, I would love to see Axl rock with both GN'R and AC/DC.

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I think if all goes well with the new in ear device and there is no bad blood like Angus and the boys claim, than absolutely. Axl was only finishing the tour.

With that being saidif Brian cannot do It, I would love to see Axl rock with both GN'R and AC/DC.

This sums up my thoughts, funnily enough in another topic, i needed to prove over and over that Brian has more right to record and perform with them than Axl after this tour...:facepalm:

• Like 1

I would imagine that Brian whatever Wikipedia says is still a fully fledged member of AC/DC. Now if this device works the way they're saying it works there should be no reason why Brian can't return as a recording & touring artist with AC/DC. It's going to be interesting to watch how this goes after Axl has completed the rearranged U.S. shows. It has the potential to get very ugly very quickly if AC/DC continue as a recording & or touring entity without Brian on board.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFD5 said:

I would imagine that Brian whatever Wikipedia says is still a fully fledged member of AC/DC. Now if this device works the way they're saying it works there should be no reason why Brian can't return as a recording & touring artist with AC/DC. It's going to be interesting to watch how this goes after Axl has completed the rearranged U.S. shows. It has the potential to get very ugly very quickly if AC/DC continue as a recording & or touring entity without Brian on board.

The press release sure as hell didn't make it sound like Brian is still a member.

7 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Brian is a bit tired of AC/DC, he said he wanted to retire at the end of the black ice tour, he said the same some years ago before the hearing issues...

Maybes this break has renewed his enthusiasm. If you remember he was devastated at the news about his hearing it's like he's going to get a second chance if AC/DC allow it. Let's not forget  for all Axl's  doing a cracking job he's only helping out

I thought Brian was only missing these shows because of his ear injury. So why in the world wouldn't be rejoin the band if his injury heals?

Wouldnt ACDC fans lose their minds if Brian was healthy and ready to go next year but ACDC hired some unknown singer or the guy from Jackyl and released an album and toured with him?

24 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Brian is a bit tired of AC/DC, he said he wanted to retire at the end of the black ice tour, he said the same some years ago before the hearing issues...

This this is the thing isn't it? It's not just the hearing issue, there's been other underlying factors to all of what's gone on too. 

An AC/DC fan told me that it's well know amongst them that he's mentioned retiring more than once and that he has told people that they can get someone else and carry on if that's what they want. Also that he was unhappy with the dates that were added to this tour.

its understandable when you have constant pain in your ear and can't hear properly.  

Then there was AC/DCs press statement and then Brian's one where he said he had had a good run. 

All of those things point to it being a mutual feeling that they think Brian's time is done :( 

i just hope there's no bad blood between them. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

I think Axl would be sad if they don't hire him full time. He keeps hinting at the shows that he wants to be their singer. 

He says things like "only a few more shows before these guys fire me.."

"how's this working for you guys? This is working for me, hopefully it's working out for the band" 

he's like a girlfriend that is looking for support haha it's kinda funny 

This new technology thing is just the inventor trying to get some free publicity on the back of Brian and the AC/DC thing.

They probably brainwashed him into thinking he may have a shot with it, just because it invaluable communication for them.

I say it's over for AC/DC at last, for old Brian.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

They should at least record wih Brian.

Record what? There was 6 years between the last two albums and prior to that 8 years. I'm not saying AC/DC wont release another album, but with Malcolm out of the picture and Brian's health and old age, I doubt we'll be seeing a new album anytime soon.

I think at best you'll get Brian trying to finish this tour and maybe rejoin for some of the US gigs, but a new album or tour at this point in time I find highly unlikely.

5 hours ago, SidneyWish said:

This new technology thing is just the inventor trying to get some free publicity on the back of Brian and the AC/DC thing.

They probably brainwashed him into thinking he may have a shot with it, just because it invaluable communication for them.

I say it's over for AC/DC at last, for old Brian.

This.

It would be great for some of the healthy skepticism that we see on here, applied to this news about Brian's hearing being miraculously cured as well. If you go through ALL the news reports carefully, and ignore the sensationalism attached to them, you'll read that the 'working device' which was trialed at Brian's home (and not at a noisy arena with AC/DC's speakers cranked up to 11), still has to be miniaturized and customized for Brian to be able to use it. This doesn't even seem to be a fully workable, or commercially available prouct. In fact, the Asius store currently lists only one product - https://asiustechnologies.com/store

So, while this may be great marketing for Stephen Ambrose and his new commercial venture, it seems unlikely that there is a commercially available device that will allow those with hearing loss to safely be exposed to extremely loud sound, without considerable effort, customization and time, if ever.

Maybe, after some time, with some testing and R&D effort, a version of a product might be rolled out that allows Brian to be fully functional in his normal surroundings. But, it seems extremely unlikely that something as progressively degenerative as hearing loss, at Brian's relatively advanced age, is going to be successfully reversed to the point that he is going to be able to successfully front ACDC again.

Buckle up, AC/DC and GN'R fans - I'd say that the odds are high that our boy Axl has a great chance of being the permanent frontman of both these iconic bands.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think Axl would be sad if they don't hire him full time. He keeps hinting at the shows that he wants to be their singer. 

He says things like "only a few more shows before these guys fire me.."

"how's this working for you guys? This is working for me, hopefully it's working out for the band" 

he's like a girlfriend that is looking for support haha it's kinda funny 

Well if he's sad by it if it happens, then I only have one thing to say to him:

Take his OWN band back to paradise city the level it used to be 30 years ago and revive it like he means it. 

No sulking allowed. 

4 hours ago, The Archer said:

This.

It would be great for some of the healthy skepticism that we see on here, applied to this news about Brian's hearing being miraculously cured as well. If you go through ALL the news reports carefully, and ignore the sensationalism attached to them, you'll read that the 'working device' which was trialed at Brian's home (and not at a noisy arena with AC/DC's speakers cranked up to 11), still has to be miniaturized and customized for Brian to be able to use it. This doesn't even seem to be a fully workable, or commercially available prouct. In fact, the Asius store currently lists only one product - https://asiustechnologies.com/store

So, while this may be great marketing for Stephen Ambrose and his new commercial venture, it seems unlikely that there is a commercially available device that will allow those with hearing loss to safely be exposed to extremely loud sound, without considerable effort, customization and time, if ever.

Maybe, after some time, with some testing and R&D effort, a version of a product might be rolled out that allows Brian to be fully functional in his normal surroundings. But, it seems extremely unlikely that something as progressively degenerative as hearing loss, at Brian's relatively advanced age, is going to be successfully reversed to the point that he is going to be able to successfully front ACDC again.

Buckle up, AC/DC and GN'R fans - I'd say that the odds are high that our boy Axl has a great chance of being the permanent frontman of both these iconic bands.

Thank you for brilliantly word this out!

Ive said it before but people just hated me for spitting the truth. Hearing loss has no cure. I know this because I have relatives with this problem and even though they use devices and I've tried on those devices just to test how it feels, its just another exterior component that will never replace your natural sense of hearing. It's like wearing glasses.

And I can't even start to imagine how it must feel to put on those things in a place like a full stadium of screaming fans and loud music. Must be living hell.

I have a feeling with all these glowing reviews of Axl/DC, Angus may be contemplating keeping him with them for future tours, and Axl will have to juggle between two bands. But I also wouldn't mind if they decided not to continue with Axl as with his current voice and showmanship, I would love to see him doing the same with GN'R. 

Either way is fine with me. As long as he's happy and healthy.

21 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

I think that if brian shows any interest in playing with the band again, Axl would immediately back off and let it happen, EVEN if Angus choose to stay with Axl.

He'd never do something like "Sorry Brian, Angus chose me"...i hope

I wouldn't be so sure about that...