Will Brian Be Allowed To Return ?

AFD5

12 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

And i'm not sure, but that's the right thing to do, i guess...

Brian is no friend of Axl or a relative or anyone Axl should be loyal to. This is business. This is work.

If some big company calls you to replace the guy they just fired you'd say no? With that logic no one would ever get a job.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Brian is no friend of Axl or a relative or anyone Axl should be loyal to. This is business. This is work.

If some big company calls you to replace the guy they just fired you'd say no? With that logic no one would ever get a job.

I understand your point, but i'm also considering ethics and respect.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

By here I mean this situation. 

Axl accepting a job he's been offered is not unethical. It would be if he had killed Brian in order to get it.

Sorry, but you just can't compare being in a band with any other "normal" job... There's fans involved, and Axl would be in the same situation DJ once was, when he was asked to be part of the reunion. DJ did the right thing by admitting he does not belong there, just like Axl with the AC/DC thing. Yes, it would be unethical to "stand between" Angus and Brian, and yes it would be disrespectful with the (AC/DC) fans

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rendestroi95 said:

Sorry, but you just can't compare being in a band with any other "normal" job... There's fans involved, and Axl would be in the same situation DJ once was, when he was asked to be part of the reunion. DJ did the right thing by admitting he does not belong there, just like Axl with the AC/DC thing. Yes, it would be unethical to "stand between" Angus and Brian, and yes it would be disrespectful with the (AC/DC) fans

Yes, I can because this is business, not some band of friends who play in a bar for 2 bucks every other weekend.

The DJ thing always sounded like BS to me. If Axl was really considering putting DJ and Slash in the same stage, then we can conclude the man has completely lost it.

Its not unethical if he's asked to join permanently. He's being offered a job, not standing between someone and someone else. If he's offered that job it means they're no longer considering working with Brian. Brian can fight for his position back and Axl can compete for it, just like in ANY normal company. The one who can do the job best wins. There's nothing unethical or disrespectful about competing for a job position. It happens every day millions of times around the world.

43 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I can because this is business, not some band of friends who play in a bar for 2 bucks every other weekend.

The DJ thing always sounded like BS to me. If Axl was really considering putting DJ and Slash in the same stage, then we can conclude the man has completely lost it.

Its not unethical if he's asked to join permanently. He's being offered a job, not standing between someone and someone else. If he's offered that job it means they're no longer considering working with Brian. Brian can fight for his position back and Axl can compete for it, just like in ANY normal company. The one who can do the job best wins. There's nothing unethical or disrespectful about competing for a job position. It happens every day millions of times around the world.

Why do you think nobody ever accepted the nugnr thing, even though everybody there could do the job just fine? Because, let's say Buckethead, never had the GNR identity, even though he was fully capable of doing the job. He didn't belong there

"job", "business", "company". I'm sorry but i can't face music/bands in that cold way, and maybe that's why we will never agree on this subject

Edited by rendestroi95

3 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

Why do you think nobody ever accepted the nugnr thing, even though everybody there could do the job just fine? Because, let's say Buckethead, never had the GNR identity, even though he was fully capable of doing the job. He didn't belong there

"job", "business", "company". I'm sorry but i can't face music/bands in that cold way, and maybe that's why we will never agree on this subject

The nuGNR never got reviews and praise from the media like Axl/DC is getting now. Lots of fans are satisfied with Axl's work and lots of people say he fits in perfectly. Seems like everybody can see this chemistry except for you. Weird.

Axl is a rocker from the heart, he breaths and shits rock n' roll. He's singing every song with absolute passion and making them his own.

Buckethead is a good guitar player but he didn't have the image for GNR. This is not the case of Axl. He exceeds expectations and he's a great frontman for any rock band.

Yeah well I'm sorry you live in a bubble and can't understand these musicians make a living out of writing and playing music. You're probably one of those people who have never bought a music album because according to you, bands should remain a groups of friends who never make money.

Great.

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The nuGNR never got reviews and praise from the media like Axl/DC is getting now. Lots of fans are satisfied with Axl's work and lots of people say he fits in perfectly. Seems like everybody can see this chemistry except for you. Weird.

Axl is a rocker from the heart, he breaths and shits rock n' roll. He's singing every song with absolute passion and making them his own.

Buckethead is a good guitar player but he didn't have the image for GNR. This is not the case of Axl. He exceeds expectations and he's a great frontman for any rock band.

Yeah well I'm sorry you live in a bubble and can't understand these musicians make a living out of writing and playing music. You're probably one of those people who have never bought a music album because according to you, bands should remain a groups of friends who never make money.

Great.

Axl has his own band to front, he doesn't need to front AC/DC, and adding to that, he has tons of respect to Brian and the band, so you really think that if brian wants to come back and angus wants axl to stay, Axl would stand between them? I really don't think so

(btw, that's what i think and you won't change it, so i'm gonna end this conversation right here since you're starting to presume things, and i don't have time for this o/ )

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Ethics and respect don't belong here. 

Yeah, i think this post shows your true colors.

Axl have respect and ethics

is this really hard to grasp?

You are so sure about that he could do everything to push out Brian if he wants to comeback...

You stated that Angus already offered Axl a full time membership, which is false

Also, i don't buy that he won't be able to perform again, because there's no cure for hearing loss.... There's no need to 100% recover, that's why these devices exist

Btw Brian STILL capable of recording, because he recorded new vocals with another band shortly afterr his departure from the band

Edited by Strange Broue

14 hours ago, The Archer said:

This.

It would be great for some of the healthy skepticism that we see on here, applied to this news about Brian's hearing being miraculously cured as well. If you go through ALL the news reports carefully, and ignore the sensationalism attached to them, you'll read that the 'working device' which was trialed at Brian's home (and not at a noisy arena with AC/DC's speakers cranked up to 11), still has to be miniaturized and customized for Brian to be able to use it. This doesn't even seem to be a fully workable, or commercially available prouct. In fact, the Asius store currently lists only one product - https://asiustechnologies.com/store

So, while this may be great marketing for Stephen Ambrose and his new commercial venture, it seems unlikely that there is a commercially available device that will allow those with hearing loss to safely be exposed to extremely loud sound, without considerable effort, customization and time, if ever.

Maybe, after some time, with some testing and R&D effort, a version of a product might be rolled out that allows Brian to be fully functional in his normal surroundings. But, it seems extremely unlikely that something as progressively degenerative as hearing loss, at Brian's relatively advanced age, is going to be successfully reversed to the point that he is going to be able to successfully front ACDC again.

Buckle up, AC/DC and GN'R fans - I'd say that the odds are high that our boy Axl has a great chance of being the permanent frontman of both these iconic bands.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/jim-breuer-brian-johnson-song/

This was recorded shortly after his departure from AC/DC

He STILL be able to record

4 hours ago, rendestroi95 said:

Axl has his own band to front, he doesn't need to front AC/DC, and adding to that, he has tons of respect to Brian and the band, so you really think that if brian wants to come back and angus wants axl to stay, Axl would stand between them? I really don't think so

(btw, that's what i think and you won't change it, so i'm gonna end this conversation right here since you're starting to presume things, and i don't have time for this o/ )

He's fronting two bands right now. Read the news.

I don't know what Axl is going to do in that case. I have the feeling he would accept the job because there's nothing wrong with it and he has no business with Brian Johnson. Angus is the boss, not Brian. Angus decides who stays and who leaves. Johnson is not a friend of Axl, neither his brother, he doesn't owe him any sort of loyalty whatsoever.

49 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Yeah, i think this post shows your true colors.

Axl have respect and ethics

is this really hard to grasp?

You are so sure about that he could do everything to push out Brian if he wants to comeback...

You stated that Angus already offered Axl a full time membership, which is false

Also, i don't buy that he won't be able to perform again, because there's no cure for hearing loss.... There's no need to 100% recover, that's why these devices exist

Btw Brian STILL capable of recording, because he recorded new vocals with another band shortly afterr his departure from the band

My true colors? STFU!

The problem with you is that you're greener than a golf camp.

No, I'm not sure of what Axl would do. I'm just speculating based on his previous behavior. Didn't Axl leave Guns N' Roses to start a new Guns N' Roses and hire Slash and Duff as his employees? Didn't Axl keep all rights to the Guns N' Roses name and let the others out of it?

It's called business and he's a hell of a business man. You fail to see things from a mature adult perspective. I don't know how old you are but you sound like you've never worked in your life.

I didn't say Angus already offered a job to Axl. I said all the time "if". Your problems with grammar and reading comprehension are starting to get really bad.

Tours have to have insurance (Roger Daltrey said he was basically ordered not to do back to back Who shows). All it would take is Brian having an earpiece falling out on stage. If he had implants done and was cleared, I could see Angus & Cliff feeling some assurance about it. 

Cliff also lives in Florida so he might be keeping in touch with Brian. 

There's 3 possible gigs Brian could show up at - Ft Lauderdale (Sunrise), Atlanta and Madison Square Garden. 

its a bit tricky this .... imo ..

If Brian says he wanna return to the band ...hmmm .... i mean, on one hand he is the singer... been that for hundreds of years...on the other hand...he hasnt been able to do it up to standard for some years ... and they been forced to tune down and etc .. cut songs .. dont do songs etc .. But .. still the singer...

Do you fire your singer, for "not cutting the mustard" as Malcolm said.

Do you say no when he wants to (if this is the case, i have my personal doubts though, and i dont read anywher that he specifically says he wants to return to ac/dc .. he says he wants to perform live again.. thats another thing imo) ... what to do ... in case of...?

I think Angus miss Malcolm in situations like these ... Malcolm took no prisoners ... he let anybody know what they were and so on ... There are stories of him telling management and record companies to go fuck when they wanted certain things from the band ... he told Brian to shut up between songs and just sing when hu just joined the band... im pretty sure he told phill to get the fuck out when he went into his drug problems... But on the same ... hes loyal to his band ... so ,,

But im absolutely sure that Malcolm would have gone for the idea of replecement singer... for him there was absolutely no stoppin... its him and Angus band and as long as they or any of them exist the band does... ac/dc without Angus could only exist if malcolm were in ... that said ... thats a BIG maybe :) ...

And im not sure if Malcolm would have wanted Brian to return .... the band is first ... gotta go on .. be better... evolve... so ..And i think Angus miss that i Malcolm because he was straight forward ... you could go fuck yoursef if he didnt like you ..and he tell you...Angus is more..the ... Nice one :)

Malcolm said in interview that "Angus worries alot.... but i see him, and i watch ..and make sure he is ok" .. or something ...

Decision making....

Personaly i would like to see them move on with Axl as full time member ... i think they could make a true epic short mark in rock n roll history ...

Brian ... hats of .. of course..and ..what a guy ... i mena... just sit down and listen to BIB FTATR FOTS and why not Fly on the wall ... the man can sing.

But its clearly to see, like so many has pointed out, that the newfound energy ... the joy of playing... in the right key for god sake.. the fun is there again in a way it hasnt been for some time.... i dont think they were bored before... just ...a bit stuck perhaps ... and change is allways good ... right?

I do not think they ... Axl or ac/dc were prepered for it to be this good... for them to work so goot together ..

I realy realy hope that they make an album ... sadly though, i think that that might be wishfull thinkin.... i dont know...

Wish Malcolm were around to just set it straight: "look this is how we gonna do" ... end of story .. and he would..

• Like 4

They should go with their gut instinct, doesn't matter what we think. That's what they did when they chose Axl to finish the tour in the first place. There must have been so many other easier options, and everyone questioned Angus' decision making then, they thought he had lost the plot. 

Turns out, he knew exactly what he was doing and what was best for his band to be able to finish the tour.

If Angus wants Axl, he'll be there, he already made that quite clear. So we know how Axl feels, he wants to be in ACDC. 

Maybe Angus wants Brian back, maybe he could do a side project with Axl etc etc who knows....

i like this, none of us can even begin to guess what these guys are going to do next :D 

Brian isn't coming back. It's not just about the hearing. Brian can't do it/doesn't want to do it anymore and Angus does. I'm not saying the hearing thing isn't true but it's only one of many reasons, it also saves Brian from feeling he's disappointing the fans by just not wanting to do it anymore.

6 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Brian isn't coming back. It's not just about the hearing. Brian can't do it/doesn't want to do it anymore and Angus does. I'm not saying the hearing thing isn't true but it's only one of many reasons, it also saves Brian from feeling he's disappointing the fans by just not wanting to do it anymore.

think so to.. its good way out... for all... dont think he liked these touring around the world recent years .... and the man is over 70 ... så ...

I have a feeling Axl may stay on, assuming ACDC doesn't tour again for another 2-3 years it's perfectly doable to manage both. I think it's proven to have worked out better than expected on all sides and it would be harder for ACDC fans to accept another singer after getting used to Axl, assuming Brian doesn't return.

I would be perfectly fine with him officially being in two bands, other members have their non GNR bands so why not? The only thing I would take issue with would be the release of an AXL/DC album before a GNR one, we have waited longer so hopefully the GNR fans would be first priority.