Axl vs Brian vs Scott

xBrownstonex

Axl will also never have a chance to have as much of a career with AC/DC (unless Angus is still going at 100 years old) as Brian did so by default he'll always kind of be "number three" despite his incredible vocal performances. Again, for a band this late into their career and mid-tour, it was a disaster waiting to happen that turned into a really cool collaboration.

11 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

for me it's not a matter of time. Brian could have been with AC/DC for a million years and i'd still say Bon first Axl second. i gave Brian a chance, i just don't like his voice. i wanted to...Bon himself was a Brian fan! but...:shrugs:

I was just agreeing with what metalms said - in vocal abilities sure, Axl can easily be number one by sheer preference, but in the bigger picture Axl simply can't be higher up in AC/DC than Brian who gave 35+ years of albums, hits, and tours. Right now, Axl was covering material that wasn't his own. Doing a damn fine job, but without Bon or Brian there'd be nothing there for this to even exist. In terms of contributions to the band, Axl's got some catching up to do!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, James Bond said:

I was just agreeing with what metalms said - in vocal abilities sure, Axl can easily be number one by sheer preference, but in the bigger picture Axl simply can't be higher up in AC/DC than Brian who gave 35+ years of albums, hits, and tours. Right now, Axl was covering material that wasn't his own. Doing a damn fine job, but without Bon or Brian there'd be nothing there for this to even exist. In terms of contributions to the band, Axl's got some catching up to do!

sure i can see that. but in the big picture for me it boils down to who did it BEST for me. way too many great rock stars left this world far too young. i think Bon was one of the biggest losses ever. and Axl, idk, he seems to embody the Bon-ness in a way Brian never did for me. which, i admit, i am only going by the few songs i could actually listen to. there is a commercial playing here for like an Applebees and i knew the first time i ever heard it that it was an AC/DC song...no lyrics though. i looked it up and it was Rock and Roll Pollution and the minute Brin begsn singing i tried to listen but then i was like um, no. could not get through it. anyway i am done :) everyone has their own opinion, apples and oranges, all that good stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

sure i can see that. but in the big picture for me it boils down to who did it BEST for me. way too many great rock stars left this world far too young. i think Bon was one of the biggest losses ever. and Axl, idk, he seems to embody the Bon-ness in a way Brian never did for me. which, i admit, i am only going by the few songs i could actually listen to. there is a commercial playing here for like an Applebees and i knew the first time i ever heard it that it was an AC/DC song...no lyrics though. i looked it up and it was Rock and Roll Pollution and the minute Brin begsn singing i tried to listen but then i was like um, no. could not get through it. anyway i am done :) everyone has their own opinion, apples and oranges, all that good stuff.

Oh definitely. I'm the same way with Chris Slade. He's my favourite AC/DC drummer but obviously I can't compare his contributions to what Phil brought to the band!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Oh definitely. I'm the same way with Chris Slade. He's my favourite AC/DC drummer but obviously I can't compare his contributions to what Phil brought to the band!

agreed. Slade is very good, i think he'd be good with AC/DC again but he's not Phil :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ageed. Slade is very good, i think he'd be good with AC/DC again but he's not Phil :)

Yeah, I mean he's got the groove down but he's missing the whole "I'm going to contract a hitman to kill someone because my solo album failed" vibe that Phil had.

;):lol: 

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of AC/DC, I think they repeat themselves too much, their entire catalogy sounds like the same thing so, I'm gonna go with Axl, I listen to AC/DC a lot more now that I used to because of Axl. I like the Bon Scott era more than the Brian Johnson, so to me is, Axl > Bon > Brian

17 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I love Brian but can understand his voice can be too gravelly/high pitched for some peoples tastes, for me Axls rasp is much better (easier on the ears:lol:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I'm not a big fan of AC/DC, I think they repeat themselves too much, their entire catalogy sounds like the same thing so, I'm gonna go with Axl, I listen to AC/DC a lot more now that I used to because of Axl. I like the Bon Scott era more than the Brian Johnson, so to me is, Axl > Bon > Brian

They basically have one song, but it's a good song. :lol:

• Like 1

I listen to Bon era AC/DC a lot. It's really great music. Not sure why but I don't listen to the Brian stuff much anymore...having Axl sing some of the songs really makes me wish they'd release a live record with Axl, his menace on the Back in Black material is something I find pleasant to hear. 

Dont get me wrong Brian is great for his vocals and I feel bad saying that I enjoy Axl's take more Bc they are Brian's songs 

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

actually i think they have more than one. like The Jack is totally diff to me. and Night Prowler. and my personal favorite It's A Long Way to the Top :headbang:

One song played at different speeds:lol:, but yeah, when they slowed it right down they hit a mean groove.

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

actually i think they have more than one. like The Jack is totally diff to me. and Night Prowler. and my personal favorite It's A Long Way to the Top :headbang:

I'd love to hear Axl on It's a Long Way to the Top. Imagine him on the bagpipes? That would be one of the coolest images ever.

11 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I'd love to hear Axl on It's a Long Way to the Top. Imagine him on the bagpipes? That would be one of the coolest images ever.

that will never happen. AC/DC has said that will always be Bon's song and never will be played with any other singer. and yeah it would be cool if they write a new song they could incorporate bagpipes in for Axl :)

25 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that will never happen. AC/DC has said that will always be Bon's song and never will be played with any other singer. and yeah it would be cool if they write a new song they could incorporate bagpipes in for Axl :)

I always thought that was just a rumour. I've never read or seen Angus or Malcolm actually saying that.

Just now, AlexC said:

I always thought that was just a rumour. I've never read or seen Angus or Malcolm actually saying that.

i was told by someone who is a HUGE AC/DC fan it was true and seeing as how it has been like close to 40 years and they have not played it, well, there has to be a reason.

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no problem. Axl already went through a kilt wearing phase...plus Bon din't wear one and he rocked those bagpipes to the max! rock3

He certainly did!:headbang: and Axl should really think about bringing the kilt back, in fact more men should wear kilts, definitely.:lol: