DMCA notices sent to Google and other websites targeting unflattering photos of Axl.

Here's the thing. By doing this Axl has brought more attention to these unflattering photos than ever before. Having said that it's easy to understand why he did it, even if it was ill advised.  he's obviously uncomfortable with them and it no dubt has an impact on his self esteem. What I'm seeing with all this on my facebook and twitter and online in general is that it's perfectly ok to fat shame and body shame a man but may God have mercy on your soul if you do it to a woman. It actually really pisses me off because on my facebook I have a LOT of women who are always posting stuff about how we need to encourage women to love themselves, be confident and happy with their bodies and not feel this pressure to meet society's unrealistic pressures of "beauty". Yet these same women are posting this article saying things like get over it and big deal and posting the fat Axl memes, laughing about it, thinking it's funny and whatnot. They are doing the exact thing they preach against daily.  But it's ok because it's  man? 

I may not always be the guy in Axl's corner but this is one issue I have ALWAYS defended him on and people on these forums will know that. The fat jokes have never been cool and they are not cool now.  It's not just Axl Ive defended. I've defended peopel like Britney Spears, kelly Clarkson, Vince Neil and even one time Kim kardashian when she was being crucified for being fat while pregnant. It really bugs me though that it's perfectly ok to expect a guy to look at 55 as he did at 25 but if we place these same expectations on women we're assholes. Why is it ok to do this to men and not women? Body shamming should be shunned regardless of gender. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

What the fuck is this shit?

Looks like a guy jumped in front of Axl, who just broke his foot recently to get a selfie by blocking him?  Fernando grabs his arm to remove him.

I for one think that is fine, don't do what this guy did... simply ask for a photo so he can stop and do it if HE wants to

• Like 1

It is becoming more and more apparent that Axl hasn't really changed a bit.. Here is an idea.. You are a millionaire.. Get a personal trainer.. 

The guy almost had me thinking he was becoming less of an ass bag.. Not the case...

• Like 1

A few weeks back when you searched GnR and it would show name of members and a photo it showed that picture. I always wondered who put that photo there or how it became the photo to represent Axl for google. I also believe it's doctored.

Perhaps that may be what started the DCMA. I also know the guy who took the originals signed aagreement.

About a week or so ago the picture finally got changed. I'd be mad too if a photo that wasn't completely legit and possibly photoshopped was used for something every person searching Guns N roses would see.

I say photoshopped because the rest of the pics show a much smaller Axl. 

I also don't think Axl is fat. I think his weight is just fine.

5 hours ago, Bono said:

Because being a millionaire erases the humiliation of being body/fat shamed in front of the world right? His approach here may  be wrong but it's not hard to see what he's trying to accomplish. Carrie Fisher gets body shamed and blasts the critics and is praised and supported for standing up to body shamers. Axl does in essence the same thing and he's told to get the fuck over it cause he's a millionaire. It makes no sense. Axl could be in 2006 shape and it won't make a fucking difference. He's mocked constantly for being "fat". There are people who won't even give him a shot, they just say Axl is fat now. Must suck being made fun off all over the world and having song lyrics that mean something to you changed and used in Fat Axl Memes designed to make you look like a fat fucking joke.  But yeah he's a millionaire. Get over it Axl. If this shit was happening to a female artist like Rihanna or Taylor Swift or someone older the defenders would be out in full force telling people to fuck off with their body shaming. But it happens to a guy and it's accepted and the one being mocked is the problem. 

Very well said. 

I don't get why people think it's okay to call someone else fat. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bono said:

Because being a millionaire erases the humiliation of being body/fat shamed in front of the world right? His approach here may  be wrong but it's not hard to see what he's trying to accomplish. Carrie Fisher gets body shamed and blasts the critics and is praised and supported for standing up to body shamers. Axl does in essence the same thing and he's told to get the fuck over it cause he's a millionaire. It makes no sense. 

I am saying that he is a millionaire so he can afford the best personal trainers in the world. If his appearance bothers him that much that he wants to ban pictures from the internet, then doing something about it. Get a trainer and get in shape. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

3 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

This world is getting so politically correct it is disgusting.. You can't call a fat person fat? There are a lot of worse things that can be said.. With all the nasty shit Axl has said about people it is ammusing how butt hurt people get when Axl is criticized.. If he wasn't such a douche most of the time he wouldn't be such a big target. Wait.. Can I call a fat guy "big"? Shit...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Its not ok in a hurtful sense. Some people are fat though... they ARE fat. You can sugar coat it however youd like but the fact will still remain.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bono said:

If this shit was happening to a female artist like Rihanna or Taylor Swift or someone older the defenders would be out in full force telling people to fuck off with their body shaming. But it happens to a guy and it's accepted and the one being mocked is the problem. 

a11.png

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/the-best-of-the-internets-response-to-beyonces-unflattering?utm_term=.xwn4RDNAv#.fg6aOKNJZ

1 hour ago, spliff said:

So what point exactly are you trying to make? If you're suggesting she made a mistake by drawing more attention to this picture sure I'll agree with that, just as Axl made a mistake drawing more attention to his picture. If you're suggesting the public as a whole accepts and promotes and laughs at body shaming women so it should be no issue and acceptable to do the same to a man then you're wrong.

Beyonce wanted that taken down because it's unflattering. We get that, but nobody was body shaming her for it. There was no fall out from that picture, nobody is screaming she's a fat joke, her career isn't linked to this picture. This picture has not become the public's perception of Beyonce. Millions and millions of people still love her and think she's hot. This picture did nothing to detract from Beyonce or her career.  Her lyrics weren't altered  and plastered over countless memes saying how fat she is .

There's no denying that  her and Axl requesting these pictures be taken down they made it worse and at the same time displayed a complete lack of internet understanding in the process but that doesn't mean body shaming someone is cool. In fact it's patheticlay  shallow. In recent weeks I've talked with a  bunch of people about AXL/DC and their first comment is always "Axl's fat and can't sing anymore can he/" 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

That Beyonce pic has been photoshopped imo.

of course it has.. much more than Axl

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/unflattering-beyonce/photos/sort/score

Imperator-Rex

Imperator-Rex

3 days ago

The sad part is that this image is so innocuous that there is no chance in hell that it would have Meme’d the way it is memeing right now if he hadn’t tried to take it down.

I mean, the Unflattering Beyonce pic were she is making an involuntary orgasm-face, that might have gone viral even without help, but this picture, in which a 54 year old man doesn’t look like he did when he was 20, wouldn’t have gone anywhere if not for the inevitable power of the Streisand Effect. When will the media-suicides stop?

Edited by spliff

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This world is getting so politically correct it is disgusting.. You can't call a fat person fat? There are a lot of worse things that can be said.. With all the nasty shit Axl has said about people it is ammusing how butt hurt people get when Axl is criticized.. If he wasn't such a douche most of the time he wouldn't be such a big target. Wait.. Can I call a fat guy "big"? Shit...

I see all the time on social media where people's pictures, normal people and many times children are shared with memes and I find it disgusting. 

It's not so much about Axl really just in general. In no world do I think it's ok to share a picture of a child or someone random to shame and call them things.

Sure celebrities open their selves up to things that's understandable.

I really don't think he's fat. Sure he's not skinny and I also think the takedown was more about the pic being linked to him as his bio pic. 

Nothing wrong if you wanna say Axl's fat go for it I think we have a difference of opinion on what would be considered fat I guess. No biggie there.

3 hours ago, spliff said:

of course it has.. much more than Axl

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/unflattering-beyonce/photos/sort/score

I don't think he wanted it taken down so much for the fat memes more because a few weeks back when you searched for Guns N roses Axl's band bio pic was that pic which then was linked to the ACDC site. Why should he want a photoshopped pic as his bio pic? That I think was more the target here. 

Now when you search GnR that pic is not his bio pic they changed it when the order was filed.

8 hours ago, Inglorious said:

Its not ok in a hurtful sense. Some people are fat though... they ARE fat. You can sugar coat it however youd like but the fact will still remain.

I agree but when you hear people only talk or constantly talk about how fat he is its stupid. For example go to any a article about GnR on Internet and you will see many commenting "Axl's just a fat ass who eats taco bell and can't sing. Such a shame he's too fat to sing now:" 

That kind of comment is not only unintelligent but ridiculous. People act like he weighs 300lbs or something. 

And as you said people come in all sizes some are skinny some are bigger. The fact will also remain that many of these same people calling him fat are probably a little fat themselves. Not all but many case in point my boss like to call him fat yet he's bigger then Axl and I call him out on that.

I don't tend to go around looking at people like oh she's fat she's skinny or he's fat etc etc. Have I ever said someone's fat? Probably so. Idk but it's just odd to read comments about a man so talented and see disrespect about his weight, which isn't all that big anyway. I'm not talking about here in general I'm talking about on the Internet which is what fuels articles like the ones we are seeing.

Edited by BOSSY78
autocorrect sucks

9 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

I don't think he wanted it taken down so much for the fat memes more because a few weeks back when you searched for Guns N roses Axl's band bio pic was that pic which then was linked to the ACDC site. Why should he want a photoshopped pic as his bio pic? That I think was more the target here. 

Now when you search GnR that pic is not his bio pic they changed it when the order was filed.

Honestly if you google his name now that picture has been filtered down to not appear as much. It shows up once for a YouTube video about 10 pics down, but outside of the news articles discussing the picture it's been cleared off pretty well...in fact the first 5 pics looked hand picked as his best ones haha hardly any 06 photo's though or 2002. Just some good 2012, 2010 and 88 ones 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Honestly if you google his name now that picture has been filtered down to not appear as much. It shows up once for a YouTube video about 10 pics down, but outside of the news articles discussing the picture it's been cleared off pretty well...in fact the first 5 pics looked hand picked as his best ones haha hardly any 06 photo's though or 2002. Just some good 2012, 2010 and 88 ones 

Weeks ago when I noticed the pic showed up as his GnR bio pic I wondered why so I Googled Axl rose images it was nowhere near the top then. I still don't understand why Google linked that as his bio pic in the first place but about a month or so ago it was a pic from the 90s. 

13 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Weeks ago when I noticed the pic showed up as his GnR bio pic I wondered why so I Googled Axl rose images it was nowhere near the top then. I still don't understand why Google linked that as his bio pic in the first place but about a month or so ago it was a pic from the 90s. 

It use to be that pic from 2010 where he's smiling at Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys

but Axl is trending again so that's good!

The obsession people have with his weight is INSANE. Like seriously out of control.

I don't know what kind of psychological wire he touches inside the mind of people who comment on Social Media sites.

Even in FAN PAGES they leave this kind of comment. And the second weirdest thing to me is how many MEN join this fat shaming of him.

What's going on? I dont get it. Everybody cares so much about his weight like they were going to have sex with him or something.

:shrugs:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The obsession people have with his weight is INSANE. Like seriously out of control.

I don't know what kind of psychological wire he touches inside the mind of people who comment on Social Media sites.

Even in FAN PAGES they leave this kind of comment. And the second weirdest thing to me is how many MEN join this fat shaming of him.

What's going on? I dont get it. Everybody cares so much about his weight like they were going to have sex with him or something.

:shrugs:

People that don't like Axl call him fat, especially when his performances are really good. He's a music legend, he's super rich, he doesn't put himself out in the public realm often, he still singles and parties with women in their 20's. When there is nothing else to criticize it's easy to point at his weight. 

It's unfortunate, but he can get himself into shape if he wants to. People don't feel sympathy for him there bc he has all the resources to stay in shape. It's his decision though he can live how he wants, eat what he wants, if he's happy and successful then great! Go Axl

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

People that don't like Axl call him fat, especially when his performances are really good. He's a music legend, he's super rich, he doesn't put himself out in the public realm often, he still singles and parties with women in their 20's. When there is nothing else to criticize it's easy to point at his weight. 

It's unfortunate, but he can get himself into shape if he wants to. People don't feel sympathy for him there bc he has all the resources to stay in shape. It's his decision though he can live how he wants, eat what he wants, if he's happy and successful then great! Go Axl

Yes. And when he is in shape they will find something else to whine about.

I just read a comment in a website "He should have died in the 90's"

:no: