Is ACDC sending a subtle message with this post on their Facebook?

killuridols

i can't believe they posted this review!

Especially because of the headline. How would Brian feel reading this?

To me this thing screams beyond than we can imagine. It's like a statement and pretty much HUGE support for Axl.

Im sorry ACDC fans but after this I don't think Brian is returning. And if I was Brian I wouldn't come back, because that headline says it all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think they are just proud of what they have accomplished with Axl and glad to be recognized by the press for it

Yeah but I've seen other reviews with headlines more suitable for the situation. I mean, is Brian still a member of the band? Don't they think of him when posting those things?

I know I'd feel unwanted.

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah but I've seen other reviews with headlines more suitable for the situation. I mean, is Brian still a member of the band? Don't they think of him when posting those things?

Yeah reading this as if you were in Brian's shoes, I could really see this causing some harm. It's almost if AC/DC are supporting the fact that he may not be wanted.

55 minutes ago, killuridols said:

i can't believe they posted this review!

Especially because of the headline. How would Brian feel reading this?

To me this thing screams beyond than we can imagine. It's like a statement and pretty much HUGE support for Axl.

Im sorry ACDC fans but after this I don't think Brian is returning. And if I was Brian I wouldn't come back, because that headline says it all.

Im pretty sure that Brian returning was nerver an option ...i dont think he perhaps Wanted out ...bust last couple of years hes been Open with his feelings ...well ...IT wasnt hard anyway to read between the lines that he was pretty Much tired and Worn out... But the loyalty he feels felt towards angus and the band is beyound understanding ....so for him to mearly Quit because he doesnt Wanna Anymore was never gonna happen... Only something like This that more or less prevented him to go on or he could suffer great damage was Gonna end his run in ac/dc  i mean They all Known for à long time what Will happen .. We keep guessin ....i think its all about respect to both bands fans ....but what i think he was never returning and that story posted doesnt hurt him at all i think....Cause he at peace with his decent  career ....they would never ever post something like that without IT being totaly ok from Everybodys perspective .....

i think....of course....i dont know

he

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yea I don't get all the Brian loyalty. Angus is done with him in my opinion. He'd rather Brian come to the conclusion that if he wants to continue then he needs to do it without ACDC. 

Jim Brewer (wrong spelling) or whatever did more damage to this situation than anyone. Angus doesn't like the fact that Brian apparently didn't feel a part of the band, and was hurt by the way they handled everything. These were things Jim said Brian told him. So the door back was closed really fast after this. 

They (ACDC) tried to save face when they did the interview with Axl about Brian...but it's the only time he's been mentioned, they got it out of the way the tour is a success and the AXL/DC train seems to more momentum than a Brian led ACDC. 

I just see it as Angus being disappointed in what Brian had to say behind his back and Angus being impressed with what Axl has brought to the table. 

At the end of the day it's Angus's show, and Brian can go do whatever he wants now, but ACDC isn't waiting on his blessing to continue 

• Like 2

And Angus is 61 Brian turns 69....Easy Angus can...has energy and motivation...and the physical capability to do 10 more years ...at least 6-7.. I cant see 75year Brian screamin his lungs out on a world tour. ....what i whitout à problem can see though is à 67 year old ageless Angus pretty Much as he is now....maybe not spinning as Much on the floor .....walking around rapidly in his uniform and riffing away Hell aint a bad place to be.......absofuckinlutely

Ok.

I still think it's not cool to put it that way. Seems like Angus is pretty sharp with these things. Axl better behave or he's gonna feel the wrath of Angus too :lol:

Reminded me of when you break up with your lover, they get a new one and you hear them saying "I've just found the love of my life! Where were you all this time?"

And you...:max:

:fuckyou:

Yeah....true....your right about perhaps not Only angus then as à person but the whole mentality behind ac/dc ....no sentimental no looking back no  back and forth ...at least they allways been like that .... 

And im sure that IF axl started freakin out or whatever ...."loosing  IT" .. He would probably get no second chance  ...i think

lets say....that (for the sake of This thought) ...

if he did  loose IT got booted out and managed to get a One to One forgive-me conversation with Angus ... Id wanna be a fly on the Wall there

• Like 1

I think you're looking too far into it. Angus isn't logging into the AC/DC Facebook page and choosing which articles go up.

It's got nothing to do with Brian at all, of course their Facebook admin is going to post a review like that.... Axl is in the band at the moment and it is in their interests to promote reviews that support him. Suggesting he is a second-rate Brian is only going to hurt ticket sales at this point.

If Brian is physically able to tour again, there is more or less no question that he would rejoin the band again. In the meantime, they have found a very worthy replacement and it's certainly not a chip on Brian to celebrate the fact that they're still out there exceeding all expectations. They should be proud, not guilty.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Does anyone how/why Angus and Brian fell out? It seems like Brian was unceremoniously booted from AC/DC.

There's nothing to suggest that they fell out. 

Angus made the reasons pretty clear in the recent interview where he spoke with Axl and Cliff. Brian's health issues are the reason he's out of the band, and if there's any ill-will it's probably only because he may not have expected them to continue without him. It was Brian's own call.

27 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

There's nothing to suggest that they fell out. 

Angus made the reasons pretty clear in the recent interview where he spoke with Axl and Cliff. Brian's health issues are the reason he's out of the band, and if there's any ill-will it's probably only because he may not have expected them to continue without him. It was Brian's own call.

You think? Brian "I've got an issue with my hearing, I may not be able to continue " then the band drops off his gear at his residence and makes a formal statement without consulting him. 

Seems like hasty decisions were made without proper communication.

Had an argument with an ACDC fan on their fb page when they said how happy they are now that the new hearing thing Brian is trialling is working and he's coming back to the band. I tried to explain he's only trialled it in infant stages in a Drs room or maybe at home but not on stage with huge amplifiers that are very loud. She went off at me that his Dr said he can hear again so I asked her if she had spoken to his Dr & what did he say???

When rumours start there's usually a reason why they start, this time possibly a fallout between Brian and Angus. Who knows but them, however many rumours do come from a source and knowing the reputation the Young family had in Australia in the early days of being difficult to work for it wouldn't surprise me if there's tension between the two men. I hope not, but could any of you work with with a co mate for 37 years? Not 9 till 5 but practically living in each other's pockets night and day?

Time will tell and I hope all is ok between them whatever the outcome. It's hard for Brian to say anything at this point without journos turning it into a huge deal and Brian trying to be positive with the whole situation.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

You think? Brian "I've got an issue with my hearing, I may not be able to continue " then the band drops off his gear at his residence and makes a formal statement without consulting him. 

Seems like hasty decisions were made without proper communication.

AC/DC are a notoriously private group and they're not big on sentimentality. Not with Bon, not with Mal - a small gesture in tribute, but that's it - http://ultimateclassicrock.com/acdc-malcolm-young-tribute/.

I agree that their press release was curt (and did seem hasty), but they had dates to fulfil imminently and very little time to make decisions - rescheduling a tour of that scale with a new singer is no cakewalk. They needed to make the announcement to reassure their stakeholders as much as their fans that the band was going to continue.

As for Brian - he was unable to continue. There was no "maybe" about it bro... in his words:

Since that day, I have had several consultations with my doctors and it appears that, for the near future, I will be unable to perform on stage at arena and stadium size venues where the sound levels are beyond my current tolerance, without the risk of substantial hearing loss and possibly total deafness.  Until that time, I tried as best as I could to continue despite the pain and hearing loss but it all became too much to bear and too much to risk.

I am sure Brian is both uncomfortable and very upset about being replaced (there is no-one on this planet that wouldn't be), but I have very little doubt he will return to being their frontman if he is ever physically able in the future. As much as it's all probably paining him, I'm sure he understands the magnitude of what was at stake and the reasoning for the decision. Nevertheless I'm sure it's going to take a while to get over it.

13 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

Had an argument with an ACDC fan on their fb page when they said how happy they are now that the new hearing thing Brian is trialling is working and he's coming back to the band. I tried to explain he's only trialled it in infant stages in a Drs room or maybe at home but not on stage with huge amplifiers that are very loud. She went off at me that his Dr said he can hear again so I asked her if she had spoken to his Dr & what did he say???

When rumours start there's usually a reason why they start, this time possibly a fallout between Brian and Angus. Who knows but them, however many rumours do come from a source and knowing the reputation the Young family had in Australia in the early days of being difficult to work for it wouldn't surprise me if there's tension between the two men. I hope not, but could any of you work with with a co mate for 37 years? Not 9 till 5 but practically living in each other's pockets night and day?

Time will tell and I hope all is ok between them whatever the outcome. It's hard for Brian to say anything at this point without journos turning it into a huge deal and Brian trying to be positive with the whole situation.

There might be, but I feel like the "rumours" are based on two things:

- the curt nature of AC/DC's press release (which I tried my best to explain above)
- Jim Breuer and his "kicked to the curb" comment :facepalm: 

Breuer went out and made those comments about Brian being "kicked to the curb", then backpedalled on them later. He did clarify that Brian was upset (of course he is), and I'm sure things are awkward between him and Angus... but I don't think it's fair to stretch that to a "rift". 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

AC/DC are a notoriously private group and they're not big on sentimentality. Not with Bon, not with Mal - a small gesture in tribute, but that's it - http://ultimateclassicrock.com/acdc-malcolm-young-tribute/.

I agree that their press release was curt (and did seem hasty), but they had dates to fulfil imminently and very little time to make decisions - rescheduling a tour of that scale with a new singer is no cakewalk. They needed to make the announcement to reassure their stakeholders as much as their fans that the band was going to continue.

As for Brian - he was unable to continue. There was no "maybe" about it bro... in his words:

Since that day, I have had several consultations with my doctors and it appears that, for the near future, I will be unable to perform on stage at arena and stadium size venues where the sound levels are beyond my current tolerance, without the risk of substantial hearing loss and possibly total deafness.  Until that time, I tried as best as I could to continue despite the pain and hearing loss but it all became too much to bear and too much to risk.

I am sure Brian is both uncomfortable and very upset about being replaced (there is no-one on this planet that wouldn't be), but I have very little doubt he will return to being their frontman if he is ever physically able in the future. As much as it's all probably paining him, I'm sure he understands the magnitude of what was at stake and the reasoning for the decision. Nevertheless I'm sure it's going to take a while to get over it.

There might be, but I feel like the "rumours" are based on two things:

- the curt nature of AC/DC's press release (which I tried my best to explain above)
- Jim Breuer and his "kicked to the curb" comment :facepalm: 

Breuer went out and made those comments about Brian being "kicked to the curb", then backpedalled on them later. He did clarify that Brian was upset (of course he is), and I'm sure things are awkward between him and Angus... but I don't think it's fair to stretch that to a "rift". 

Yes I see what you mean after reading your post. It does make sense and your remark of (which I tried my best to explain above) I have to say you did more than your best. I wonder how long it was between Brian telling the band he couldn't go on any longer & them having to decide what to do. An awful situation to be stuck in, many said a singer from a tribute band would have been accepted better than Axl. Would you agree with me thinking that singing in a tribute band is great but to be fronting such a famous band you'd need to know a lot more about the inner workings of the group, management etc? Axl has had that experience whereas an unknown might find they're thrown in the deep end & also would have to not allow negativity affect him.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, killuridols said:

So what does AC/DC need to do? Put a black ribbon over their facebook page? Of course they are going to hype the Axl/DC match, they have tickets to sell (or keep sold) for the US gigs.

I get what you are saying about Brian being left out, but the same thing can be said for Rudd and Malcolm Young and AC/DC haven't exactly been vocal on their absence either.

Yeah, you're kinda trying hard with that one :lol:  Honestly, you guys read way too much into shit, where do you make the leap that match made in heaven automatically means fucking Brian off?  It's a good review and a band that is proud of having gotten a good review.

• Like 1