Steven

Well he supposedly rehearsed with the band, I guess he was supposed to be there playing the AFD songs.

If he was not in, then well he would have gone on and on and on about Axl, Duff and Slash. He has nothing to lose now, bringing back GNR was his dream since the past 20 years and if he was not part of this dream, he would not have shut up.

I just hope he plays illusion songs too, I always wanted to see him play YCBM

I agree that all were invited for talks. I also know if Steven thought he was out out he would have ran his mouth. At this point he probably feels he still has a chance to at least play in some capacity at some point with them. 

We have to understand he is a kid glove kind of thing at times. He has had issues with staying sober and sued the band once he was kicked out for his drug issues. I'm not saying who was wrong or right there just that it's something I'm sure they don't want a repeat of. Rather anyone wants to face it or not Stevens sobriety would be pushed by a long tour. Many of the guys in the band have been sober for a while now.

Sometimes as fans we have to understand what we want is not always what's best for the band or a band member. 

I do hope he shows up and does a few songs with the band but I stand by him not being the drummer long term for the band. It has been said by many including Steven that some in band feel he can't do the more advanced stuff. Steven said around the reunion talks when he was interviewing left and right that a certain member felt he sucked as a drummer. I don't think Duff meant he sucked just perhaps he couldn't evolve and do Illusions or CD stuff. Idk my opinion on his comments. He also said Slash and Duff questioned his sobriety which brings me back to my despite what we want it may not be best for the band

I think we haven't heard from Steven because his trying to prove that he can be responsible and reliable. like a kid told to be on their best behaviour will be rewarded. If this is off his own back or by contract who knows, I guess we will find out eventually. 

If their was no carrot being dangled, I think we would have heard from him by now.

Whatever goes down with Stevens involvement I hope goes well for him, I think he's earnt that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LikeADog93 said:

I think his silence is proof that he is involved in some capacity. If he was out, we would have heard him call into Eddie Trunk and go on a rant about how Axl, Slash, and Duff hate him

Nah, he wouldn't want to lose the last straw of hope

Maybe it's really just the back injury

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Steven.. We need to to fix Rocket Queen!!!

and Mr. Brownstone

there was a post awhile back that said Steven is embarrassed that he wasn't asked to be involved and thats why he hasn't commented because he wants to play it off like it doesn't bother him and i believe that may be the case....i don't think he is involved or will be involved

maybe they bring him out during one of the shows and let him perform a song or two, just as an appreciation type thing, but im not even expecting that much

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

The way Frank is talking makes me really think he is the sole GnR drummer and that's it. 

Slash and Duff seem ok with this. Or maybe it's just enough for them already having one massive liability in the band that they have to keep tabs on and worry about. 

Not that I think Axl will blow things for GnR, just that he still needs to prove himself to slash and duff, and they don't really need to add another to the mix....yet.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I bet he will come and join for a few songs now and then. Maybe one concert or two. I hope so. It would nice to see and good for him to get a proper closure.

Is that enough though? Last two GNR tours in the UK Duff and then Izzy played London, but none of the shows I saw. I Thought that was shitty. 

I will be annoyed on this tour if there's Steven here and Izzy there, most people won't see them anyway then. All or nothing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Is that enough though? Last two GNR tours in the UK Duff and then Izzy played London, but none of the shows I saw. I Thought that was shitty. 

I will be annoyed on this tour if there's Steven here and Izzy there, most people won't see them anyway then. All or nothing. 

It won't be enough for all the fans who won't get to see him, sure. But it might be enough for Axl and enough to give Steven that closure he so badly needs.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

It won't be enough for all the fans who won't get to see him, sure. But it might be enough for Axl and enough to give Steven that closure he so badly needs.

I don't think it would be, he surely would want more? Maybe much further down the line, if Slash and Duff can get in Axls ear, maybe we could see Steven at a festival or something, but I won't be holding my breath. 

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think it would be, he surely would want more? Maybe much further down the line, if Slash and Duff can get in Axls ear, maybe we could see Steven at a festival or something, but I won't be holding my breath. 

Steven? Oh yeah, he definitely wants a lot more :lol:. That doesn't mean that playing with Slash, Axl and Duff again won't give him closure.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Steven? Oh yeah, he definitely wants a lot more :lol:. That doesn't mean that playing with Slash, Axl and Duff again won't give him closure.

I don't know, steven still wants to play drums for guns more than anything, how would he handle only being given a show or two? It's like saying, here you go Steven, here's what you could have won. I don't think it would be much closure when he would be sat there wanting to do the full tour. . At least with Izzy he doesn't seem as bothered and it doesn't affect him much.