any film makers here?

I know that this primarily for music and whatnot but I wonder if there are any film makers here as well. I do music as well but figured we could share any kind of film or video we have done. I'll start with a few snippets of a low budget short film I'm making called Hearts Are Always Killed plus two psychedelic video art pieces.. I'm still in production with this and it won't be done until sometime in October. So without further ado....

Edited by Jabberwocky

On 6/21/2016 at 4:39 PM, Wagszilla said:

I've shot video for corporate clients / small businesses but haven't made a proper film yet.

Here's some of my limited personal work.

https://vimeo.com/wagszilla/

I like what I see. Is that your camera?  You are very good with transitions, especially "Why So Serious". The one thing I'm trying to tackle is creating opening credits so it doesn't look like something I whipped up in Windows Movie Maker. I use Sony Vegas 12 Pro for what I've done and the camera itself was 200 bucks.

1 hour ago, SoundOfAGun said:

@Jabberwocky, what is you film about? The first one on your post, Hearts are always killed. And did you write the music for the film?

I'll try and summerize without accidently spoiling it :) It's one of those movies that is hard to explain because it is all so visual. The main character is an alcoholic/drug addict who likes to hang out with his friends. A "seance board" is brought out as a joke to the three characters. They accidently created a clone, a dual timeline, and a cabin that is inside of a portal. Various aspects of the main character (mainly his addictions and banging his best friend's girl) are assigned to an overall evil character called The Bag who is inside of the cabin. That's about all I can say right now but the movie does fire it's fair amount of Chekhov's guns and will have plenty of bloodshed. The music wasn't written by me but I did pretty much a recombinant composition of alot of my friend's works. I asked and they said "knock yourself out". My soundtrack would sound way too lo-fi for my tastes. I like to think of Hearts Are Always Killed as a psychedelic horror film.

57 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Thanks! Yeah, that's my camera, I shot the Auto Show video on a Canon 7D. 

I don't know what your movie is about but I would just try to film some interesting more abstract shots - a closeup on leaves or brick textures or something like that and overlay a nice, thick (san-serif) font. You can find a lot of awesome fonts for free on Google. 

Ah...a Canon. Now I see why it's such good quality. I think I have something good for an overlay. I also need to find some way to animate this....  have it appear before the opening credits. I got fonts out of the wazoo :)VZN9nLj.jpg

Edited by Jabberwocky

2 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Thank ya kindly. Just like with my music, I just use whatever equipment I have and make the best out of it. Not to toot my own horn but I think I've done very well considering I've had no formal training.

Yes, I have heard some of your music and although the fuzz guitar is not really to my taste, you have an excellent ear for a melody and consistently produce interesting vocal harmonies.

• Like 1