Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

15 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Can someone explain to me what is going on with the litho drama? I see two people arguing and unsure what is going on. 

Sure.

Geoff May came here saying GNR refused to give him APs of the lithographs he created for this leg of the concert tour. He said generally that's how artists make money on this type of work-for-hire. They get paid a small sum for the artwork but are in turn given a certain number of prints that they can sell themselves. He says the company, Global, made that promise and then went back on their word. 

Fernando reached out to him via email to ask him what was going on, but by the time Fernando responded a second time, Geoff had already gone nuclear. He went on a social-media crusade of sorts (here and on his personal IG account), saying Axl needs vocal lessons and that Duff and Slash are sellouts. He blamed them for his business dealings with Global and said they are complicit in all of this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

OK, well it's all out there, so I guess you're done here? 

This face turn from Fernando rivals the heel turn at Bash At The Beach 96 😂 

I actually am. My litho auctions are done tomorrow so that is the end of me working with GNR or Global, thank god. 

Have fun y’all. If you need to reach me I’m pretty easy to get a hold of. 

2 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Just a reminder to everyone to be very careful with insults please.  You may be heated but please refrain from lashing out at ANY users or other fans.

There's literally ONE user causing all the problems here and he's literally told another user to go choke on a dick. Why are we still allowing this child to post here?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GnR Chris said:

Sure.

Geoff May came here saying GNR refused to give him APs of the lithographs he created for this leg of the concert tour. He said generally that's how artists make money on this type of work-for-hire. They get paid a small sum for the artwork but are in turn given a certain number of prints that they can sell themselves. He says the company, Global, made that promise and then went back on their word. 

Fernando reached out to him via email to ask him what was going on, but by the time Fernando responded a second time, Geoff had already gone nuclear. He went on a social-media crusade of sorts (here and on his personal IG account), saying Axl needs vocal lessons and that Duff and Slash are sellouts. He blamed them for his business dealings with Global and said they are complicit in all of this.

Oh and emails were shared backing everything he just said. 

So yeah, it's all out there. 

Just now, facefirst said:

Yeah, I’m literally in tears because someone thinks I’m an asshole. 

Dude. I’ve worked in the industry for over a decade. I’ve been screwed out of deals and not paid in full by artists as well. It always sucks

Going on a fan forum and blasting the band on social is generally never a good look. You may have a side to it and may have a gripe with how things went down. People around you may also agree. That stuff also comes back around. It’s not just the bridge you burn. It’s people around you take note of the complaints and attitude when the next disagreement comes about. You do you though 

Sell your prints and put them up for auction to get scalper prices. Get your $ 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, MarHin22 said:

I come here once in a while and posted a few times over the years. 

Yesterday, I came to share the other side of the one-sided story that artist was telling you all.  He did the same in another fb group where tried to get sympathy from members. So I felt that if people actually read the exact response from Fernando, everyone could see it wasn't as how Geoff was saying it. And you all can see how Geoff quickly goes to insulting people when he doesn't like something.  Same way he reacted towards the band after was told no prints.

By the way, I'm  happy that Fernando dropped by to give us some hope of something cool coming our way. So now I'm here to check if he gives us any other updates. 😊

Haven't you had issues with Beta over the years as well?

@FernandoCheers Fernando! And a tip! (Please, read this, it is important)

Hi Fernando, how are you? A lot of people liked the Houston & Mexico City 2016 Select and the fact that you heard us, the fans! Putting Houston 2016 was a nice thing, everybody loves that concert! Mexico City was good either. The majority of the complaints was about the mixing, it could have been better and made the Selects a lot better than what they already were, but the Select was good overall. This is the kind of thing that will make the gap closer time to time, I mean, giving the fans what they want. It doesn’t need necessarily to be giving the fans free content, this is nice, but it could be with paid released material too. The fans would happily buy it, you have a true and passionate fanbase! And we feel we need to be treated better by the band. The fans want more live material, specially from the period from 1987 to 1993 and 2016. I really want to help the band and the fans, so here is a big tip and step in the right direction:

—> Houston 2016 is the show fans really want the most from the NITL Tour. Said that, I know you have professionally shot specific gigs for release purposes and maybe Houston 2016 isn’t one of them, but we really think it deserves an official release by the band at least as a live album, because it is a great show overall and everyone loves this show like I said before. The fans would happily buy it, because it represents the band at its greatness of the NITL Tour. Besides that, if making a physical format of this concert as a live album would be a problem, you could release it in a paid digital format, we would still like in that way, as long as it was very well mixed. Another thing, if the November Rain part with the broken piano would be a problem for the release too, you could put the November Rain from the Mexico City Select in its place, it is a good performance of the song. It really wouldn’t be a problem for the fans, we don’t mind, we just really want this gig officially released and well done by the band at least as a live album. Just a live album of Houston 2016 would be good, would be enough, as long as it was very well mixed. All the band is shining at this performance, it is like an epic show.

Well, this is just a tip from a fan who understands and interacts with a lot of other fans. This is a tip to help both the band and the fans to make the gap more closer. This is a step in the right direction.

Kind regards, A true and passionate GN’R fan.

Edited by diegodasilva23
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I don’t think the Aussie dates will happen.

I agree mate, I’m ready to collect my over $2000 worth of tickets refund, so just hope they announce it officially soon. Probably leave it to the last minute so they (whoever stores our money ? Ticketek or ? the Promoter) can maximise the money they get on the interest gained in their accounts. 

Hopefully GnR can reschedule an Australian tour early next year.

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

If GN'R wants to press anything on vinyl, they won't have to wait in a long line. Whether it's a 7" or full album. The vinyl may be released a month or two after the digital release but it absolutely will not be years, no matter which format or content is on it. 

Russ, just for the record:

I am not saying anything else. 100% agree with you. We are on the same page.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

I agree mate, I’m ready to collect my over $2000 worth of tickets refund, so just hope they announce it officially soon. Probably leave it to the last minute so they (whoever stores our money ? Ticketek or ? the Promoter) can maximise the money they get on the interest gained in their accounts. 

Hopefully GnR can reschedule an Australian tour early next year.

Have the four Japan shows before Australia been announced?