Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

wow, some of these prices on Ebay are starting to get really ridiculous. Just because Chicago was a stand-out performance and is clearly popular really shouldn't lead people to think they can start charging $200 for Wisconsin also.

Are you suggesting that the motorcycle guy on the milwaukee litho isn't as universally adored as MJ?

16 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

wow, some of these prices on Ebay are starting to get really ridiculous. Just because Chicago was a stand-out performance and is clearly popular really shouldn't lead people to think they can start charging $200 for Wisconsin also.

it really is supply and demand, there is literately 1 Milwaukee Lithograph on Ebay so I am guessing that person is able to charge what they want

4 hours ago, k12 said:

it really is supply and demand, there is literately 1 Milwaukee Lithograph on Ebay so I am guessing that person is able to charge what they want

I don't know what Ebay you're looking at but a) there's more than one Milwaukee on Ebay and b) all the ones that have sold sold via "make an offer" except one.

But that's still not the point I was trying to make. My point was that the Milwaukee design, as much as I like it, is not worth as much as the Chicago design but most of the people on Ebay have been pricing it like it is. If your neighbor sells his Lamborghini for $600k, you can put a price of $600k on your Lexus and claim "supply and demand" but you're going to look like a bit of a dork.

Anyone else noticed this?

2 different sellers selling the same # number St Louis Lithograph

What are your thoughts?

One fake?

One was a misprint/mistake?

One has been sold and relisted by mistake etc?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Lithograph-GNR-Tour-Poster-St-Louis-Edward-Jones-Dome-196-of-250/182886564242?hash=item2a94e38192:g:u80AAOSwP4FaAzG~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Lithograph-GNR-Tour-Poster-St-Louis-Edward-Jones-Dome-196-of-250/162729824885?hash=item25e3741275:g:jdIAAOSwN7NZpdqJ

53 minutes ago, SydneyGnR said:

Anyone else noticed this?

2 different sellers selling the same # number St Louis Lithograph

What are your thoughts?

One fake?

One was a misprint/mistake?

One has been sold and relisted by mistake etc?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Lithograph-GNR-Tour-Poster-St-Louis-Edward-Jones-Dome-196-of-250/182886564242?hash=item2a94e38192:g:u80AAOSwP4FaAzG~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-Lithograph-GNR-Tour-Poster-St-Louis-Edward-Jones-Dome-196-of-250/162729824885?hash=item25e3741275:g:jdIAAOSwN7NZpdqJ

I'm one of the #196 sellers on ebay.  I just got a message asking me this question  and I'll post my reply at the bottom of this, but I went to the other sellers page and that is my photo he is using.  Look at the background that is my kitchen table.  His post has 1 picture, mine has 12 including my ticket from the St. Louis show.

Here is my reply to the person who sent the ebay question:

I don't have a good answer for you. I actually brought this up on the mygnr forum a while back. I bought numbers #194, #195, #196, and #197. I brought it up on the forum when I saw someone selling a number #194 and wondered if someone might be faking them. I know mine is the real McCoy because I bought these in person at the St. Louis show. I sold #195 and still have the other three. I wish I knew the answer to this question too, but it comes down to someone counterfeiting them or somebody making a mistake when they were hand numbered. At any rate mine is the real deal, and hope there are not some fakes floating around. (thus the reason I attached a picture of my ticket from St. Louis.

I'd be happy to chat on the phone about it as well, and curious about what the other #196 says.

Also #194 I kept for me and my son (took him to St. Louis for his 14th birthday and the show)
I still have #196 (this auction) and I still have #197

1 hour ago, pastortine said:

I'm one of the #196 sellers on ebay.  I just got a message asking me this question  and I'll post my reply at the bottom of this, but I went to the other sellers page and that is my photo he is using.  Look at the background that is my kitchen table.  His post has 1 picture, mine has 12 including my ticket from the St. Louis show.

Here is my reply to the person who sent the ebay question:

I don't have a good answer for you. I actually brought this up on the mygnr forum a while back. I bought numbers #194, #195, #196, and #197. I brought it up on the forum when I saw someone selling a number #194 and wondered if someone might be faking them. I know mine is the real McCoy because I bought these in person at the St. Louis show. I sold #195 and still have the other three. I wish I knew the answer to this question too, but it comes down to someone counterfeiting them or somebody making a mistake when they were hand numbered. At any rate mine is the real deal, and hope there are not some fakes floating around. (thus the reason I attached a picture of my ticket from St. Louis.

I'd be happy to chat on the phone about it as well, and curious about what the other #196 says.

Also #194 I kept for me and my son (took him to St. Louis for his 14th birthday and the show)
I still have #196 (this auction) and I still have #197

in short you’re an ebay flipper. 

25 minutes ago, jvesguerra17 said:

in short you’re an ebay flipper. 

Well, if you want to go there I'll bite, no.  Explanation: I bought one for me and my son.  I bought one for my daughter as a gift.  And, then I bought a couple to possibly trade (was hoping to get a July 9, 2016 Nashville litho out of it somehow - I went to that 2016 show and didn't even know what a lithograph was.)  My plans changed when my transmission went out as I got home from St. Louis.  That same day my dad loaned me his vehicle to use while I got my car situation sorted out.  In a stroke of the dumbest luck ever my dad's transmission broke a shifter cable snapped while I was taking it through an automatic car wash... on the very same day.  (I had to get a tow truck to pull me out of a car wash, but hey at least my dad's Trailblazer got washed... there's another story about why I was even washing it that would let you see I am even less of a shmuck than you think I am... but I won't bother with that)   2 transmissions in one day.  My dad's only cost about $450 to fix... covered that no problem.  Mine cost around $4,500.00 to fix.  I had to take out a signature loan to cover that, and I've been seeling lot's of my stuff on ebay ever since to get that paid off. 

If you could study my ebay activity then you'd see that I didn't start selling stuff on ebay until around the end of July - right now I'm an ebay selling fool... because of debt...

If you want to call that being an ebay flipper, then have at it.  Everything is not always that black and white, dude.  I'm a dude selling things I have that are of any value... and these lithos are among the more valuable  things that I have.

If that bugs you, then I'm sorry, but I'm just digging out of a hole.   I spent $750 on tickets for the show, another $300 plus for hotel and parking,... If I sell all four I'd do good to break even on that end.  If I'm a flipper I'm not a very good one.

On the other hand, an ebay flipper would be the two guys who ran up behind me at the merch stand and I heard them say (as I was walking off) we'll take every litho you have.  And, judging by the stack of lithos left after I bought mine there were probably 25+ there.

Now that guy is a flipper.

Thank you for allowing me to explain myself to you... 

Edited by pastortine
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, pastortine said:

Well, if you want to go there I'll bite, no.  Explanation: I bought one for me and my son.  I bought one for my daughter as a gift.  And, then I bought a couple to possibly trade (was hoping to get a July 9, 2016 Nashville litho out of it somehow - I went to that 2016 show and didn't even know what a lithograph was.)  My plans changed when my transmission went out as I got home from St. Louis.  That same day my dad loaned me his vehicle to use while I got my car situation sorted out.  In a stroke of the dumbest luck ever my dad's transmission broke a shifter cable snapped while I was taking it through an automatic car wash... on the very same day.  (I had to get a tow truck to pull me out of a car wash, but hey at least my dad's Trailblazer got washed... there's another story about why I was even washing it that would let you see I am even less of a shmuck than you think I am... but I won't bother with that)   2 transmissions in one day.  My dad's only cost about $450 to fix... covered that no problem.  Mine cost around $4,500.00 to fix.  I had to take out a signature loan to cover that, and I've been seeling lot's of my stuff on ebay ever since to get that paid off. 

If you could study my ebay activity then you'd see that I didn't start selling stuff on ebay until around the end of July - right now I'm an ebay selling fool... because of debt...

If you want to call that being an ebay flipper, then have at it.  Everything is not always that black and white, dude.  I'm a dude selling things I have that are of any value... and these lithos are among the more valuable  things that I have.

If that bugs you, then I'm sorry, but I'm just digging out of a hole.   I spent $750 on tickets for the show, another $300 plus for hotel and parking,... If I sell all four I'd do good to break even on that end.  If I'm a flipper I'm not a very good one.

On the other hand, an ebay flipper would be the two guys who ran up behind me at the merch stand and I heard them say (as I was walking off) we'll take every litho you have.  And, judging by the stack of lithos left after I bought mine there were probably 25+ there.

Now that guy is a flipper.

Thank you for allowing me to explain myself to you... 

There is nothing wrong with buying something and then selling it based on a fair market price. It isn’t like you are selling a counterfeit and passing it off as real. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

There is nothing wrong with buying something and then selling it based on a fair market price. It isn’t like you are selling a counterfeit and passing it off as real. 

I agree, but there are no shortage of GNR fans who will call you "a piece of disgusting human garbage"... and yeah, that is an exact quote.  In my mind disgusting human garbage is reserved for folks who do things like sell water at an exorbitant price to hurting people during a crisis.  

Edited by pastortine

Just now, amaninjapan said:

Ebay sellers/flippers give people an option to buy something they wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity to buy. In the grand scheme of things, I'm fine with this.

@pastortine, what I would do is just watermark your photos to prevent other people from using them. I think that's about the best you can do.

That's actually a great idea!  I may start doing that if I sell something collectible that could potentially be counterfeited.  BTW - thanks for being fair-minded about the resell thing.  I respect your voice on here.

1 minute ago, pastortine said:

That's actually a great idea!  I may start doing that if I sell something collectible that could potentially be counterfeited.  BTW - thanks for being fair-minded about the resell thing.  I respect your voice on here.

If it wasn't for Ebay, I would not have been able to get many of the lithos I have. I might not like the prices from time to time but I'd rather that option than no option at all. It's pretty frustrating when you're in a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" mood and there's nobody to buy from :lol:

1 minute ago, amaninjapan said:

If it wasn't for Ebay, I would not have been able to get many of the lithos I have. I might not like the prices from time to time but I'd rather that option than no option at all. It's pretty frustrating when you're in a "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" mood and there's nobody to buy from :lol:

I'm still hoping to get one of the Nashville 2016 lithos after I reach equilibrium on the money end of things.  Unfortunately, those are some of the higher priced ones so it may never happen.  GNR is coming back to Nashville on Monday - I'm trying to win tickets from the rock station in Nashville.  It is everything I can do to not take some money back out of my signature loan and go to that show.  

1 minute ago, pastortine said:

I'm still hoping to get one of the Nashville 2016 lithos after I reach equilibrium on the money end of things.  Unfortunately, those are some of the higher priced ones so it may never happen.  GNR is coming back to Nashville on Monday - I'm trying to win tickets from the rock station in Nashville.  It is everything I can do to not take some money back out of my signature loan and go to that show.  

I thought I saw a Nashville on Ebay for $199. Seems steep but considering they were going for $400 only six months ago, that might be your best option.

Did we ever figure out who it was on the Nashville 2016 litho? I forget.

I don't know what that other seller is doing. I'm guessing he has a real St Louis litho and he's just a lazy motherfucker and stole someone else's photo, because I've seen that happen many times.

Yeah, but what are the chances he actually has a #196 and randomly used my picture which is a #196.  I don't want to accuse, but that is hard to swallow.  I messaged and asked him to change it... we'll see.  I'm more of a live and let live guy... 

I thought I saw a Nashville on Ebay for $199. Seems steep but considering they were going for $400 only six months ago, that might be your best option.

Did we ever figure out who it was on the Nashville 2016 litho? I forget.

I haven't looked in a while - sounds like prices have gone down considerably.  They were between $400 & $500 when I was looking at them.  I'm not sure who the guy is supposed to be on that litho.  Maybe Hank Sr.?

8 minutes ago, pastortine said:

Yeah, but what are the chances he actually has a #196 and randomly used my picture which is a #196.  I don't want to accuse, but that is hard to swallow.  I messaged and asked him to change it... we'll see.  I'm more of a live and let live guy... 

I vaguely remember a story of someone apparently having the same number as someone else and they both could verify that they bought it personally from the venue - so essentially, it was a numbering mistake by the staff writing the numbers on the lithos. Sure it's possible but I think it's slim. I mean, if he really did have a #196 then why would he need to steal your photo? Why not take a photo himself?

I vaguely remember a story of someone apparently having the same number as someone else and they both could verify that they bought it personally from the venue - so essentially, it was a numbering mistake by the staff writing the numbers on the lithos. Sure it's possible but I think it's slim. I mean, if he really did have a #196 then why would he need to steal your photo? Why not take a photo himself?

Yeah, that was actually me - around page 97 or so on here.  I was the first to raise the question.  I still have the picture of the one from ebay that I screen grabbed to compare with mine.  It was #194, and I still have it.  My plan is to shadowbox it along with our tickets, a picture of me and my son from the concert, and a bunch of the Paradise City confetti we scooped up.  It super sucks that at least two of mine might possibly have duplicate numbers,... that or it makes them special?  As long as they're legit I'm okay with it.  

15 minutes ago, pastortine said:

I haven't looked in a while - sounds like prices have gone down considerably.  They were between $400 & $500 when I was looking at them.  I'm not sure who the guy is supposed to be on that litho.  Maybe Hank Sr.?

I actually met the artist at Hatch Show Print. Went by there and got him to sign it. Basically, it was an old poster they put a skull on. Said it was from the 60's and made it sound like it was a political poster. Said they had to be careful that you not be able to see the person under the skull. I love this litho cause it was my first time seeing GnR with Slash and Duff (saw Axl's group a number of times, passed on seeing them and Metallica in '92 cause the tix were expensive to me in high school then.). Plus, them having Hatch Show Print do it is special. However, I don't think it's the coolest of lithos from this tour (still really wanting a Cinci one, my grail).  The Nashville artist (Corey) told him he was quick to call his folks to say, "I made a poster for GnR!" I've got a pic of him signing, but can't seem to load it

6 minutes ago, pastortine said:

Yeah, that was actually me - around page 97 or so on here.  I was the first to raise the question.  I still have the picture of the one from ebay that I screen grabbed to compare with mine.  It was #194, and I still have it.  My plan is to shadowbox it along with our tickets, a picture of me and my son from the concert, and a bunch of the Paradise City confetti we scooped up.  It super sucks that at least two of mine might possibly have duplicate numbers,... that or it makes them special?  As long as they're legit I'm okay with it.  

Did the other auction also steal your photo too? Was it the same seller?

You bought yours personally, so you know they're legit. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

27 minutes ago, pastortine said:

Might be bad timing. I just looked again and it isn't on Ebay anymore. Looks like a seller sold two of them in the past week for $199 with Make an Offer - so I'm sure they sold for considerably less than $199. That's pretty reasonable considering how tough it has become to get lithos from 2016