Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Did you guys even read what he wrote about it on his instagram?

"My official poster design for tonight’s GNR show in San Diego. The design is a direct homage to one of my all time favorite surf and poster designers, Rick Griffin. This particular design was originally done for Zap Comix. It was a tribute to Rick Griffin who was supposed to do the cover but tragically died in a motorcycle accident before he was able to do so. He’s from Southern California, and his influence on the surf and music world can’t be overstated. Thank you Mr. Griffin."

A two second google image search turns this up:

zap13-1stb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

14 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Did you guys even read what he wrote about it on his instagram?

"My official poster design for tonight’s GNR show in San Diego. The design is a direct homage to one of my all time favorite surf and poster designers, Rick Griffin. This particular design was originally done for Zap Comix. It was a tribute to Rick Griffin who was supposed to do the cover but tragically died in a motorcycle accident before he was able to do so. He’s from Southern California, and his influence on the surf and music world can’t be overstated. Thank you Mr. Griffin."

A two second google image search turns this up:

zap13-1stb.jpg

I was aware of what he wrote and the significance of it to Arian. And I appreciate it, but as an image for the band I did not enjoy it. There is absolutely nothing “GNR” about it. 

• Like 1

He cheated.  No sunglasses.  I was kinda expecting maybe "Don't Cry" as the words on his shades cause this is the last GNR show for a while.

Young Axl and modern Slash and Duff is nothing new if you've got the Funko Pop figures.

Actually....on second glance...he does have fat rolls/turkey neck in the litho.  Maybe it IS modern Axl

Edited by estrangedtwat
  • Haha 1