Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

21 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Most of the lithos are pretty great. Some not so much. I personally wouldn't pay 50 bucks for one, but it's nice to have a show specific piece of art to take home home.

The large & odd shaped ones seem like it would be difficult to frame though.

weren't you at the tulsa show? you didn't get the litho?

On 12/4/2017 at 9:49 AM, Edward Nigma said:

Anybody think the official site will release all these from each NITL show down the line?

That's usually up to the contracted  poster artists. Pearl Jam sells a small run of unsigned and unnumbered prints at their shows and will sell them on their website after the tours if they held some back or had leftovers. The artists will then have 100 or so artist prints that they sign and number and sell themselves on their own websites for higher prices. The posters Guns sold were already numbered so it appears that won't happen, but it did with the Rocket Queen print from last years San Diego show. Bands usually take 30 or so posters off the top for themselves and sell the rest, which Guns did, and it's very obvious they wont have any extras since the douchebags out there were buying 20 at a time at the shows. These are limited edition contracted art pieces done by outside professional artists as opposed to just regular concert merch, so when the allotted number of posters are printed, that's it. Guns just should have limited the ammount that  person could buy. It has nothing to do with band laziness like some are saying. 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1

My dream, as I've said in this thread about two dozen times, is an oversized coffee table book with all them reprinted.  I know it would never happen, but goddamn it would be sweet.  It would cost a few hundred bucks obviously....but what a steal eh, considering ONE poster is worth that.

The original posters retain their value but we still get an awesome collection in one spot. 

The chances of this happening are infinitesimal, but still more likely than us ever hearing a new GNR studio song.  How pathetic is that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

My dream, as I've said in this thread about two dozen times, is an oversized coffee table book with all them reprinted.  I know it would never happen, but goddamn it would be sweet.  It would cost a few hundred bucks obviously....but what a steal eh, considering ONE poster is worth that.

The original posters retain their value but we still get an awesome collection in one spot. 

The chances of this happening are infinitesimal, but still more likely than us ever hearing a new GNR studio song.  How pathetic is that?

This is a great idea. Maybe as a limited edition print with a very low run.

2 hours ago, Tat2brian77 said:

Just got the set of three from New york 2017, they are printed on a watercolor paper instead of the more rigid paper stock that my other lithos are on , can anyone else confirm there’s to be the same 

I have the set as well but don't remember anything specific standing out about the paper. I have mine framed now, but they seemed to me to be printed very similar to any other the other lithos I have.

24 minutes ago, PirateRadio said:

Litho owners! I have my 11/29/17 poster and would love to see any tour lithos that have been framed.. Looking for frame ideas. Thanks!! 

Merry Christmas

Sorry, no ideas for you, but would love to see some as well!! I have two to frame. 😊

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skassi said:

Ryan! Might you be able to share a close up of the matting for the Boston one? Really like how that turned out!!

skassi, would be happy to.  It’s textured and there’s some purple in the matting.  IMO, the picture doesn’t do it justice.

Currently out of town, but will share when I get home later this week.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Awesome Awesome Awesome!! I love the feedback so far!

Even though I went only to 11/29, I know I’ll end up getting the other two from LA. Imagine...just image if the other two cats were with the bad and they had similar Lithos. But I know...that’s neither here nor there.

For uploading pictures I’ve used imgur.com, ever since photobucket shit the bucket - Imgur has an easy to use app as well. 

If you can, give that website/app a shot. Would love to see more framed lithos!! The LA shows are 36x18 so it will definitely be a custom job.