Jump to content

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got all the lithos from the shows I've been to so far up in my basement music room    

Thank you to everybody who helped make this possible. You know who you are

Maybe some of you would like to see a poster design that went unapproved.  I figure it would be fun to see.  This was supposed to be for the Vegas shows for tomorrow and Saturday.  Since there hasn't

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Randy-Lahey said:

Does anybody have any information on the Lisbon litho from last year? - Was it sold out? Has it been seen on eBay?

I was at the gig but didn't bother to pick one up since I flew in and didn't think of putting a poster tube in my carry on.. Have been looking for it ever since with no luck!

http://lithorati.com/europe2017/2017-06-02 Lisbon.html

 

Yeah I managed to pick up number 343/350 at the end of the show so pretty safe to say it was sold out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AussieHrvat said:

The first Mannheim one is great.  Karl Benz first drove the patent motor wagen (first car ever registered) in 1886 in Mannheim I think.  This 3 wheeler is what I think is represented in this litho. As a Mercedes fan and a a GnR litho fan, id like this, but not for the 250 euro ive seen listed so far!

The second one shows castle Frankenstein, about 50km away from Mannheim.

Edited by fred stoeber
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

http://lithorati.com/europe2017/2017-06-02 Lisbon.html

 

Yeah I managed to pick up number 343/350 at the end of the show so pretty safe to say it was sold out.

Thanks for the reply, I was there all day so had plenty of time to pick it up, kicking myself I didn't as I qued long enough to get the t-shirt of it.

At least with them all being sold there might be a chance it pops up on eBay down the road...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody here have an extra slane castle for trade or sale for a reasonable price, I know there is one up on eBay, however that is a little bit more than I am willing to pay, hoping a true fan or collector can help me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mcs953 said:

Anybody here have an extra slane castle for trade or sale for a reasonable price, I know there is one up on eBay, however that is a little bit more than I am willing to pay, hoping a true fan or collector can help me.

I hate to break it to you, but that $600 for slane on ebay is a good deal.  Its only the second one to ever hit ebay, and only the third I've ever heard of changing hands (and I'm in touch with a couple huge litho collectors).  It poured rain throughout that entire concert, in a 100% open air venue that's basically one big field.  People who spent 50 pounds on their litho then had to protect it for 3 hours during the show.  As a result, very few were sold and the fans who did buy them are very attached to them.  

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

I hate to break it to you, but that $600 for slane on ebay is a good deal.  Its only the second one to ever hit ebay, and only the third I've ever heard of changing hands (and I'm in touch with a couple huge litho collectors).  It poured rain throughout that entire concert, in a 100% open air venue that's basically one big field.  People who spent 50 pounds on their litho then had to protect it for 3 hours during the show.  As a result, very few were sold and the fans who did buy them are very attached to them.  

Damn, I wasn’t aware of the conditions. So you postulate that maybe 50 or so we’re ruined or at least affected?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple of the St. Louis posters/lithographs that a friend picked up at the show with me. He wants to ebay it, but I figured I would throw it out there if someone wants one before he puts it on there. Just let me know..

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, liqddynamite said:

I hate to break it to you, but that $600 for slane on ebay is a good deal.  Its only the second one to ever hit ebay, and only the third I've ever heard of changing hands (and I'm in touch with a couple huge litho collectors).  It poured rain throughout that entire concert, in a 100% open air venue that's basically one big field.  People who spent 50 pounds on their litho then had to protect it for 3 hours during the show.  As a result, very few were sold and the fans who did buy them are very attached to them.  

I have to agree, I picked up #154 out of 400 and that was at the end of the gig on the way out. Its safe to assume less than half were sold. This is the first time Ive seen it listed on eBay so its no surprise the asking price is steep.

 

4 hours ago, brad_k said:

Thats why they should put unsold lithos on their online store

I cant understand why they don't. I seen the Rolling Stones in Dublin last month and their Litho was not on sale at the gig, it was on sale on the website afterwards. Im sure if Guns done it like this and printed them to order they would make a killing and wipe out the eBayers at the same time...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

Anybody here have an extra slane castle for trade or sale for a reasonable price, I know there is one up on eBay, however that is a little bit more than I am willing to pay, hoping a true fan or collector can help me.

A true fan or a collector are the last two people who are going to trade or sell something like Slane for a bargain price. A true fan is going to keep it because it's rare or maybe trade it to a good friend. A collector knows that the one on Ebay is pretty much a fair price.

Slane is unfortunately rare for multiple reasons and asking for one more than a year after the concert, you're lucky there's even one on Ebay to buy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for a London 1 buhler, Paris buhler, Cincinnati buhler, or the most recent Madrid for trade or sale?  Let me know if anybody here has any extras?  Oh and a Kobe, but now I am probably just wishing.

 

thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Looking for a London 1 buhler, Paris buhler, Cincinnati buhler, or the most recent Madrid for trade or sale?  Let me know if anybody here has any extras?  Oh and a Kobe, but now I am probably just wishing.

 

thanks.

Why stop at all the rarest and most expensive ones? Why not ask for all of them? For free? Delivered to your door by naked supermodels? Maybe also a free house, a fleet of Lamborghinis and hell, throw in a jar of cookies that never runs out.

Some people, really.

Edited by amaninjapan
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that really necessary?  I am putting out a request to see if anybody might have an extra for sale or trade.  You have to put me down?

 

everybody likes a little ass but nobody likes a smartass!!!

And I never expected anything for free.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mcs953 said:

Is that really necessary?  I am putting out a request to see if anybody might have an extra for sale or trade.  You have to put me down?

 

everybody likes a little ass but nobody likes a smartass!!!

Yes, it is. Because your request is seriously, seriously naive and idiotic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No it is not, situations change and someone might have a litho I am looking for, your opinion and your opinion only, this will be my last response to you, unless you have one of the lithos I am interested in, I hope you have a great day.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

No it is not, situations change and someone might have a litho I am looking for, your opinion and your opinion only, this will be my last response to you, unless you have one of the lithos I am interested in, I hope you have a great day.

lkyGNZg.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

No it is not, situations change and someone might have a litho I am looking for, your opinion and your opinion only, this will be my last response to you, unless you have one of the lithos I am interested in, I hope you have a great day.

You have to understand the extreme amount of time and money that it takes to acquire that list of lithos.  Several people here have them, but they probably spent a hundred hours and plenty of money (well north of a grand per litho for most of your list) making it happen.  No one is going to just wake up one day and say "Yeah, I don't really think I need this Paris litho that took me 6 months to find and cost me $1,500, and this random guy on the forum with 20 posts wants a great deal on it, so I'm just going to take it out of the frame and fire-sale it to him because I'm in a good mood."  The only situation that is changing is that these lithos are going up in value every day. 

Your best shot is Madrid 2018 since that concert just happened, and that's where I agree with you, that litho will soon belong in that list for rarity and value.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...