Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

What's everyone's pick for most underrated litho?

I'm talking mostly design only but if there is one that's really rare but you don't hear people asking for it thats fine too.

Mine would be Pittsburgh 2016. The molten steel effect looks soooo cool when you see it in person. That and NY/NJ night 1 from 2016. It's got subtle lightning effects that you don't notice at first glance and the raised sparks on the print really stick out. As far as rare pieces that I don't hear too many people praising I personally really love Munich from 2017.

What's everyone else's sleeper picks?

• Like 1

In all honesty I think a lot of the 2016 leg wasn't great. Pitts maybe cool for what you've stated but it's just the bullet logo at the end of the day. The history behind the art and it's inspiration add to them for me.

i agree with Munich, it might even be my number 1 litho, aside from that I think Mannheim castle and Denver are underrated especially Denver. 

3 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

What's everyone's pick for most underrated litho?

I'm talking mostly design only but if there is one that's really rare but you don't hear people asking for it thats fine too.

Mine would be Pittsburgh 2016. The molten steel effect looks soooo cool when you see it in person. That and NY/NJ night 1 from 2016. It's got subtle lightning effects that you don't notice at first glance and the raised sparks on the print really stick out. As far as rare pieces that I don't hear too many people praising I personally really love Munich from 2017.

What's everyone else's sleeper picks?

I love 2017 Munich and Hannover.  I don't think there is quite as much love for those as there should be.   

In the grand scheme of things the summer NA 2017 leg had a lot of litho criticism at the time.  I think so many of them are awesome and only seemed like a let down after that Europe leg.   Minnesota is super sweet when comparing to the apple on a spoon.  Reflection of the pistol is so awesome.  It's mentioned above, but Denver is simple and a perfect concert poster.  Winston Salem, know nothing about the area but litho design seems to fit right in and Incorporate a weird landmark  Both Canadian cities that buhler gave us and the Winnipeg are amongst my favourites.  Johnny Crap is crap, but I have all Canadian leg lithos and they actually get a lot of cool responses from friends and family when visiting (I think we just got a little spoiled with some masterpieces out there).  And then there is the El Paso and San Antonio.  Those have commanded high prices on eBay and think there is a lot of demand for those.  The only one I truly don't like is Miami, but I was never into the television show, and that litho is loved by so many

Anyways, in a lot of ways almost every litho is great.  There are only a few duds that I just can't wrap my head around (Paris 2018, Cleveland)  But entire summer 2017 NA leg is my answer 

26 minutes ago, Miller1254 said:

I love 2017 Munich and Hannover.  I don't think there is quite as much love for those as there should be.   

In the grand scheme of things the summer NA 2017 leg had a lot of litho criticism at the time.  I think so many of them are awesome and only seemed like a let down after that Europe leg.   Minnesota is super sweet when comparing to the apple on a spoon.  Reflection of the pistol is so awesome.  It's mentioned above, but Denver is simple and a perfect concert poster.  Winston Salem, know nothing about the area but litho design seems to fit right in and Incorporate a weird landmark  Both Canadian cities that buhler gave us and the Winnipeg are amongst my favourites.  Johnny Crap is crap, but I have all Canadian leg lithos and they actually get a lot of cool responses from friends and family when visiting (I think we just got a little spoiled with some masterpieces out there).  And then there is the El Paso and San Antonio.  Those have commanded high prices on eBay and think there is a lot of demand for those.  The only one I truly don't like is Miami, but I was never into the television show, and that litho is loved by so many

Anyways, in a lot of ways almost every litho is great.  There are only a few duds that I just can't wrap my head around (Paris 2018, Cleveland)  But entire summer 2017 NA leg is my answer 

I agree with this. Summer NA is behind Europe 17 and Japan, but imo it's easily the best US leg. The arena tour lithos are mostly crap imo. 

9 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

Most underrated litho imo is Zurich.  One of the best lithos of the entire tour and no one ever talks about it. 

really? without the tram there would have been nothing relating to Zurich. have it hanging on the  wall anyways. but the Lisbon next to it kicks ass

Edited by bucketOtrouble
add text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucketOtrouble said:

really? without the tram there would have been nothing relating to Zurich. have it hanging on the  wall anyways. but the Lisbon next to it kicks ass

The whole litho is a dada art inspiration, a movement that originated in Zurich. 

53 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

The whole litho is a dada art inspiration, a movement that originated in Zurich. 

true, it's dada. the used symbology seem rather to refer to Switzerland as a whole, not Zurich city at least IMO. got the shirt as well, so I really liked the art that day. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Miller1254 said:

I like the Tallinn one.  Just hope to get story behind it.  If it's Latvian lore, then it's a real disappointment 

I think this litho (two skeletons on a yacht) refers to Tallinn being a hub for the yacht racing and it actually hosted all sailing competitions during the 1980 Olympics.

This is my best guess as there's not that much going on in Estonia (not Latvia mate :)) otherwise. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alexpro said:

13 hours ago, Alexpro said:

I think this litho (two skeletons on a yacht) refers to Tallinn being a hub for the yacht racing and it actually hosted all sailing competitions during the 1980 Olympics.

This is my best guess as there's not that much going on in Estonia (not Latvia mate :)) otherwise. 

Well, my version is now up on lithorati - that was quick :)

Edited by Alexpro
  • Like 1

On 13/7/2018 at 1:08 PM, Mcs953 said:

Anybody who gets one, who wants to trade for a Madrid 2018, or fair cash offer, pm me.  Understand the work it takes into getting these as I have been to 4 shows.

I have no litho from Moscow but i will be interested in buy a litho from Madrid 18´ :)