Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

6 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Another Russian litho up for sale, same seller, better pictures, wants 300 or best offer now, seems legit.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163157359089

Defo looks legit.

If anyone is after a Moscow pls contact me, ideally after a MSG Axl / Slash, or London2 but will sell (and then buy) if nobody has spares.

Buhler signature is on arm on right hand side.

12 hours ago, RageKage said:

Besides lithorati, is there any other proof Moscow is from buhler? He hasn't posted the design on his page yet

Buhler has slacked off in the past too.  There were times he was posting his designs as soon as they were unveiled, but then other times he plain forgot for months.  He still hasn't posted the rest of his AFD boxed set lithos, unless they don't want him to.

Besides.....artists.  They live in their own little worlds on their own time schedules.  They're not like the rest of us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mdediegomartin said:

gnrmates!!!  Do you think lithographies wil be devalue or revalue over time? 

As it stands it depends on a host of things. The design, the print run, the print quality, the popularity of the area or city for hardcore guns fans. 

Some lithos, Mostly Europe and the 2016 ones when less people were buying and selling are going up, and are quite hard to get.

A lot of the US 2017 ones have come down since the gigs, especially the arena run where theyre more readily available online, and there were more scalpers. 

So I’ve been in Pittsburgh this week for work and saw that Foo Fighters were playing last night. I bought a last minute stubhub ticket and went. Fantastic show! Downside: the 300 lithos for the show were gone by the time I got in. It’s a really cool design. I have really loved the GnR lithos to the point I try and get one for every show I go to that has them. Which made me wonder....

does every band that does them have die heads like those of us on this forum that constantly talk about and critique them?

I was curious of that myself, I know Pearl Jam has a huge following and some of those can get pretty pricey. I'm wondering if the GNR hype is because of the 20 year absence or the die hard fans are grabbing them up as of late. Being a die hard myself If it's in my price range I'll grab it. Even if its a piece of shit in a top hat. DC is pretty horrid actually. It seemed to me at the shows I attended  people were buying the linthos as you would buy a T-shirt as a souvenir.  Most people especially from the 2016 leg I'm guessing don't realize what they have. 

On 7/20/2018 at 6:14 AM, mdediegomartin said:

gnrmates!!!  Do you think lithographies wil be devalue or revalue over time? 

Good question. The market is pretty much dictated by this forum and the small group of collectors who popped up during this tour. I doubt the lithos that have been declared as valuable and rare on this forum will decrease in value. But, I’m certain over time some of the more valuable and rare ones will surface on eBay when someone is hard up for cash. 

Pearl Jam started doing gig posters for every show in 96 and the early posters from 96-00 are still very valuable. Through the years, the lesser ones have kept their value, but with so many different ones out there, it really depended on quality of the design and special shows to keep the prices up. They also only sell non signed/numbered posters at the shows and the designers have a pile of their own copies to sell on their sites after and sign and number those. Gn'R did things a tad different and only sell the show posters and they're numbered, so I think they'll keep their value a tad better, especially the shows that had fewer copies and popular designs. PJ's are silk screened as well, so those tend to be more valuable then lithos. 

9 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Pearl Jam started doing gig posters for every show in 96 and the early posters from 96-00 are still very valuable. Through the years, the lesser ones have kept their value, but with so many different ones out there, it really depended on quality of the design and special shows to keep the prices up. They also only sell non signed/numbered posters at the shows and the designers have a pile of their own copies to sell on their sites after and sign and number those. Gn'R did things a tad different and only sell the show posters and they're numbered, so I think they'll keep their value a tad better, especially the shows that had fewer copies and popular designs. PJ's are silk screened as well, so those tend to be more valuable then lithos. 

What’s the difference bewteen silk screened and lithos? Is it huge difference in quality?

20 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What’s the difference bewteen silk screened and lithos? Is it huge difference in quality?

Silk screens are generally hand printed in layers of the image in different ink colors in each layer as opposed to most lithos that are printed all at once. You can definitely feel and see the difference with the ink.