Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

13 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

Don’t know why it would be covered, buyer should have a right to k now exactly what they are buying.

This is incredibly common for a variety of legitimate reasons.  The most common is when the seller has multiple lithos to sell and doesn't want to have to take separate pictures for every single listing.  Furthermore, just because he's hidden the edition #, that doesn't mean that he won't tell you the number if you message him.  If for some reason you don't like this practice, find another seller, its really that simple.

I know it’s out of the blue and a bit of a long shot, but If anyone has a Vegas night one poster they are willing to trade, I have an extra San Antonio. My parents went with me to Vegas and have been wishing they could get a litho. PM me if you’re interested! 

Wanted to get a few opinions. I’m going to this Richard Fortus appearance in Chicago Thursday and was going to get my Chinese Democracy LP Signed. Was also considering bringing a litho or two (I have a Chicago, Vegas, Minneapolis, and NYC One). 

Would you guys get yours signed or does that kind of ruin it? Especially not being one of the ‘big three’.

9 minutes ago, tristanj13 said:

Wanted to get a few opinions. I’m going to this Richard Fortus appearance in Chicago Thursday and was going to get my Chinese Democracy LP Signed. Was also considering bringing a litho or two (I have a Chicago, Vegas, Minneapolis, and NYC One). 

Would you guys get yours signed or does that kind of ruin it? Especially not being one of the ‘big three’.

No disrespect to Richard, but his Signatute would instantly devalue a litho. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

22 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I guess it comes down to how much you like Richard Fortus. I like him a lot but would prefer to have a beer with him or take a photo with him more than have him sign anything. But the topic of collecting autographs has reminded me of something recent I forgot to share:

XkrlJEu.jpg

Nice! How'd you manage that? That definitely makes Kobe even cooler :slash:

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I guess it comes down to how much you like Richard Fortus. I like him a lot but would prefer to have a beer with him or take a photo with him more than have him sign anything. But the topic of collecting autographs has reminded me of something recent I forgot to share:

XkrlJEu.jpg

That is simple awesome. Kobe is a masterpiece.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

XkrlJEu.jpg

Woah. Holy fuck. What’s the story on this gem?

7 hours ago, tristanj13 said:

Im not an autograph guy. So my opinion probably doesnt mean much on the subject. In fairness I have a few sports autos that were gifts. Getting the album signed might be cool. I wouldnt do the litho. Im more of a handshake and story kind of a guy.

I took my kids to comic con once and met the guy from the highlander tv show (his name escapes me). He had no line and looked bored. So I went up and chatted with him about Queen, it was a fun conversation. 

• Like 1

This is really interesting... I have one of my lithos signed. Got the artist from Hatch Show Print who did the first Nashville litho to sign mine.  I’ve also communicated with both Arian Buhler and Sara Ray about gettining lithos signed, but haven’t gotten them done yet. Still think it would be cool to get artists to sign.

i guess because I’m in my mid-40’s, I’ve lived long enough to see autographs go out of fashion due to camera phones and Instagram. Something signed used to be THE thing to have, but it really has transitioned to posting a pic with someone.

if I were you and we’re going to see 4tus, I’d get a picture and maybe a personalized signature on something that you could frame or save with the picture.

i guess pictures killed the autograph star...

• Like 2

If it were me and I wanted him to sign something I would try to track down a pre 2016 litho or bring CD on vinyl.  Having him on a current litho would seem weird to me. Fortus is a really cool dude though, excellent player and an all around super cool down to earth dude. Best of luck

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tristanj13 said:

I'm a huge Fortus fan, dude is insanely talented and seems to be an all around good dude.  I'd print out a color pic of him, lots of great concert pics of him in the pics thread, and have him sign that.  Btw check out his appearance on Rig Rundown on youtube, he's a total guitar/pedal nerd and is super knowledgeable.  

Starts off with Mcbob, then Slash's tech, then the entire last half is Fortus.

Edited by liqddynamite
  • Like 1

Got my Cincinnati, still chasing down the London ripper and glow in the dark Paris, if anyone wants to make a deal trade or cash, pm me, paid 1380 for the kobe, great deal, I am siked, Wall for home office almost complete, hope every one here has a great day.

I have a question for those in NA with Euro Lithos.

How have you framed these?  They are slightly smaller than the NA 18x24".   All of my NA lithos are framed in standard 18x24 frames from Michaels and looks great.  I really dont want to custom frame the Euro lithos.   Has anyone experimented with matting or background behind the lithos?  Any suggestions or pictures of what others have done would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance, 

Matt

21 hours ago, Miller1254 said:

I have a question for those in NA with Euro Lithos.

How have you framed these?  They are slightly smaller than the NA 18x24".   All of my NA lithos are framed in standard 18x24 frames from Michaels and looks great.  I really dont want to custom frame the Euro lithos.   Has anyone experimented with matting or background behind the lithos?  Any suggestions or pictures of what others have done would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in advance, 

Matt

Stick with the same frames you are using. If you make the background the same color as the frame, it'll end up perfect and unnoticeable. In fact, I think the Euro lithos look better in 18x24" frames than the actual 18x24" NA lithos because you get to see the complete litho right up until the edges. There's a lot of 18x24" frames out there that are just that TINY  bit too small to fit an 18x24" litho and you end up with 1/8" or so sorta hiding behind the frame. Or they feel cramped, crammed right up the inside edge of the frame. The 18x24" frames are perfect for showcasing the Euro size lithos in all their glory. As you can see in the post by @liqddynamite a while back, you simply can't tell the difference that the Euro lithos are that tiny bit smaller from a distance:

On 11/20/2017 at 1:23 PM, liqddynamite said:

Hey guys, since the current leg of the tour is winding down, I figured it’d be a good time to share my framed litho collection.  Its been a fun 18 months in this thread discussing the lithos with everyone, and its been great getting to know several members through trading.  Anyway, I just wanted to share this with everybody since it feels like a team effort. 

A special thanks to my friend amaninjapan, without whom many of these (like Kobe, Madrid, Paris, Hameenlinna Aurora) would not have been possible (thanks bro, can’t for the LA shows next week!)

And then up close, they look just magnificent with just that tiny gap between the edge of the litho and the frame:

ClwwjtZ.jpg

• Like 2