Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Maybe a long shot by now, but here's what I'm looking for, if anyone is in a selling mood. I'm not flipping anything...just want them for my collection. 

Cincinnati, San Francisco, Orlando, Madrid, London, Atlanta, Munich, Hannover, Berlin, Paris 2017, Tokyo (Godzilla), Wellington 

1 hour ago, Rockytop said:

Maybe a long shot by now, but here's what I'm looking for, if anyone is in a selling mood. I'm not flipping anything...just want them for my collection. 

Cincinnati, San Francisco, Orlando, Madrid, London, Atlanta, Munich, Hannover, Berlin, Paris 2017, Tokyo (Godzilla), Wellington 

I hope you have deep pockets! Some rare and expensive lithos on that list!

2 hours ago, Rockytop said:

I loved GnR for a long time now, but I'm super late to the lithographs. I'm really enjoying this thread and seeing what all the reactions were to the various prints. 

I went to the Nashville show and picked that one up but was clueless to the fact that they were doing these at every show. I've got about 10 of them now and keeping Hobby Lobby in business with framing. 

This is kind of what happened to me. After the NITL tour once got started I strictly ignored all GNR related social media including this board. This because I didn’t want to know anything about the setlist etc. before my first show which was London 2017 1st night. Hence, I didn’t know anything about the lithos as well. 

At the show I saw the (now) famous Jack the Ripper litho and really liked it. But nevertheless I skipped it because I didn’t want to have a „poster“ with me the whole night, especially such an expensive „poster“.

Back from my London trip I went back „online“ (in terms of GNR) and learned about the lithos. You might guess how my reaction was 😄

Edited by zigzagbigbag

7 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

This is kind of what happened to me. After the NITL tour once got started I strictly ignored all GNR related social media including this board. This because I didn’t want to know anything about the setlist etc. before my first show which was London 2017 1st night. Hence, I didn’t know anything about the lithos as well. 

At the show I saw the (now) famous Jack the Ripper litho and really liked it. But nevertheless I skipped it because I didn’t want to have a „poster“ with me the whole night, especially such an expensive „poster“.

Back from my London trip I went back „online“ (in terms of GNR) and learned about the lithos. You might guess how my reaction was 😄

haha, I almost didn't get the Nashville 2016 because I thought I'd mess it up the 3 plus hrs I was at the show. I'm a huge GnR fan, but for whatever reason, I've never been on the forums. I wish I had caught on to these earlier. I'm not a concert litho expert by any means, but I think these have been done incredibly well

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rockytop said:

haha, I almost didn't get the Nashville 2016 because I thought I'd mess it up the 3 plus hrs I was at the show. I'm a huge GnR fan, but for whatever reason, I've never been on the forums. I wish I had caught on to these earlier. I'm not a concert litho expert by any means, but I think these have been done incredibly well

I'll be honest - they are hit or miss. Some are completely amazing, some are great, some are good but miss the mark a bit and others leave a lot to be desired. I know fans of posters from other bands who do popular and collectible concert posters tend to think other bands have better quality artwork, and sometimes I agree (the incredible detail I've seen in Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band posters are unbelievable, for example) - but I tend to gravitate towards the GNR designs because they always go out of their way to incorporate a city or country theme to each poster, which I think makes a design iconic for me. There's some great DMB posters but the artwork sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with the city and I feel like that's a missed opportunity.

I know, sometimes the themes are a little lame or a little too corny or obvious, but even the obvious themes can be awesome when executed well. For example, I think Copenhagen had a very obvious and cliched theme but I think it's seriously underrated and gorgeous. Pretty obvious to go with an F1 theme for Abu Dhabi but that litho is also out of this world.

Bravado just needs to start selling tubes at all the merch booths to help people protect the lithos. I think I only saw them for sale at the Forum shows and that was it. Real shame they make it so awkward to buy them.

• Like 2

There may be better artwork out there, but I think the lithos (as a “set”) are terrific because there is a dark/gallows humor unifying them that is very true to the band/Axl. You do get the feeling IMHO that these would be the type of things the band is reflecting on as they go to each new city, etc. Lol.

• Like 2

On 06/09/2019 at 7:40 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

Exactly the same as what happened to me, the guy in front of me bought number 35 and I just said "no I'll stick with a t shirt"! The misses even offered to carry it! I've since added to the collection with some cheaper eBay buys, hoping to cure the bug before I see a London 1 😅

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2019 at 11:26 PM, Rockytop said:

Thanks! I've got the set of 3 from the LA shows. Chicago (Jordan one) Nashville 2016 (I was at both Nashville shows), San Antonio, Philadelphia (Rocky one), Winnipeg, Hawaii (3 surfboards), and Brisbane. 

What sucks about the lithos is the originals are so much better than the reprints. Reprints being what we fans buy, I mean. Take a look at the Jordan one as an example. 

This is the original 4422992213067060602.jpg

This is what the ones we bought look like:

Guns-N%E2%80%99-Roses-Concert-Poster-Lit

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

What sucks about the lithos is the originals are so much better than the reprints. Reprints being what we fans buy, I mean. Take a look at the Jordan one as an example. 

Yeah, I have that litho. It certainly made more sense to me when I saw the artist's real vision. 

I still like it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Old news. This has been on lithorati since day 1. Also still looking for a San Francisco litho 

9 hours ago, Rockytop said:

https://imgur.com/a/VizDVtW

I wanted to give a huge public thank you to @The Holographic Universe for his very generous gift to a total stranger!!

I love the New Zealand litho, and I don't know how you could pick a better frame for it than he did. 

I'm excited to hang it up tonight, and not just because I think it's an amazing piece of art, but because it represents a selfless act. 

Much gratitude to you. 

Very cool man!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...