Jump to content

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got all the lithos from the shows I've been to so far up in my basement music room    

Thank you to everybody who helped make this possible. You know who you are

Maybe some of you would like to see a poster design that went unapproved.  I figure it would be fun to see.  This was supposed to be for the Vegas shows for tomorrow and Saturday.  Since there hasn't

Posted Images

I loved GnR for a long time now, but I'm super late to the lithographs. I'm really enjoying this thread and seeing what all the reactions were to the various prints. 

 

I went to the Nashville show and picked that one up but was clueless to the fact that they were doing these at every show. I've got about 10 of them now and keeping Hobby Lobby in business with framing. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, owenstar said:

Welcome to the party pal! Which 10 do you have rockytop? What do you pay for framing at the hobby lobby?

MCS first show is in 20 days. Guess we will know then! My hard copy tickets came today....so excited for this show.

Thanks! I've got the set of 3 from the LA shows. Chicago (Jordan one) Nashville 2016 (I was at both Nashville shows), San Antonio, Philadelphia (Rocky one), Winnipeg, Hawaii (3 surfboards), and Brisbane. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a long shot by now, but here's what I'm looking for, if anyone is in a selling mood. I'm not flipping anything...just want them for my collection. 

Cincinnati, San Francisco, Orlando, Madrid, London, Atlanta, Munich, Hannover, Berlin, Paris 2017, Tokyo (Godzilla), Wellington 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockytop said:

Maybe a long shot by now, but here's what I'm looking for, if anyone is in a selling mood. I'm not flipping anything...just want them for my collection. 

Cincinnati, San Francisco, Orlando, Madrid, London, Atlanta, Munich, Hannover, Berlin, Paris 2017, Tokyo (Godzilla), Wellington 

 

I hope you have deep pockets! Some rare and expensive lithos on that list!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rockytop said:

I loved GnR for a long time now, but I'm super late to the lithographs. I'm really enjoying this thread and seeing what all the reactions were to the various prints. 

 

I went to the Nashville show and picked that one up but was clueless to the fact that they were doing these at every show. I've got about 10 of them now and keeping Hobby Lobby in business with framing. 

This is kind of what happened to me. After the NITL tour once got started I strictly ignored all GNR related social media including this board. This because I didn’t want to know anything about the setlist etc. before my first show which was London 2017 1st night. Hence, I didn’t know anything about the lithos as well. 

At the show I saw the (now) famous Jack the Ripper litho and really liked it. But nevertheless I skipped it because I didn’t want to have a „poster“ with me the whole night, especially such an expensive „poster“.

Back from my London trip I went back „online“ (in terms of GNR) and learned about the lithos. You might guess how my reaction was 😄

Edited by zigzagbigbag
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

This is kind of what happened to me. After the NITL tour once got started I strictly ignored all GNR related social media including this board. This because I didn’t want to know anything about the setlist etc. before my first show which was London 2017 1st night. Hence, I didn’t know anything about the lithos as well. 

At the show I saw the (now) famous Jack the Ripper litho and really liked it. But nevertheless I skipped it because I didn’t want to have a „poster“ with me the whole night, especially such an expensive „poster“.

Back from my London trip I went back „online“ (in terms of GNR) and learned about the lithos. You might guess how my reaction was 😄

haha, I almost didn't get the Nashville 2016 because I thought I'd mess it up the 3 plus hrs I was at the show. I'm a huge GnR fan, but for whatever reason, I've never been on the forums. I wish I had caught on to these earlier. I'm not a concert litho expert by any means, but I think these have been done incredibly well

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rockytop said:

haha, I almost didn't get the Nashville 2016 because I thought I'd mess it up the 3 plus hrs I was at the show. I'm a huge GnR fan, but for whatever reason, I've never been on the forums. I wish I had caught on to these earlier. I'm not a concert litho expert by any means, but I think these have been done incredibly well

I'll be honest - they are hit or miss. Some are completely amazing, some are great, some are good but miss the mark a bit and others leave a lot to be desired. I know fans of posters from other bands who do popular and collectible concert posters tend to think other bands have better quality artwork, and sometimes I agree (the incredible detail I've seen in Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews Band posters are unbelievable, for example) - but I tend to gravitate towards the GNR designs because they always go out of their way to incorporate a city or country theme to each poster, which I think makes a design iconic for me. There's some great DMB posters but the artwork sometimes has absolutely nothing to do with the city and I feel like that's a missed opportunity.

I know, sometimes the themes are a little lame or a little too corny or obvious, but even the obvious themes can be awesome when executed well. For example, I think Copenhagen had a very obvious and cliched theme but I think it's seriously underrated and gorgeous. Pretty obvious to go with an F1 theme for Abu Dhabi but that litho is also out of this world.

Bravado just needs to start selling tubes at all the merch booths to help people protect the lithos. I think I only saw them for sale at the Forum shows and that was it. Real shame they make it so awkward to buy them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be better artwork out there, but I think the lithos (as a “set”) are terrific because there is a dark/gallows humor unifying them that is very true to the band/Axl. You do get the feeling IMHO that these would be the type of things the band is reflecting on as they go to each new city, etc. Lol.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2019 at 7:40 AM, zigzagbigbag said:

This is kind of what happened to me. After the NITL tour once got started I strictly ignored all GNR related social media including this board. This because I didn’t want to know anything about the setlist etc. before my first show which was London 2017 1st night. Hence, I didn’t know anything about the lithos as well. 

At the show I saw the (now) famous Jack the Ripper litho and really liked it. But nevertheless I skipped it because I didn’t want to have a „poster“ with me the whole night, especially such an expensive „poster“.

Back from my London trip I went back „online“ (in terms of GNR) and learned about the lithos. You might guess how my reaction was 😄

Exactly the same as what happened to me, the guy in front of me bought number 35 and I just said "no I'll stick with a t shirt"! The misses even offered to carry it! I've since added to the collection with some cheaper eBay buys, hoping to cure the bug before I see a London 1 😅

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 11:26 PM, Rockytop said:

Thanks! I've got the set of 3 from the LA shows. Chicago (Jordan one) Nashville 2016 (I was at both Nashville shows), San Antonio, Philadelphia (Rocky one), Winnipeg, Hawaii (3 surfboards), and Brisbane. 

What sucks about the lithos is the originals are so much better than the reprints. Reprints being what we fans buy, I mean. Take a look at the Jordan one as an example. 

 

This is the original 4422992213067060602.jpg

This is what the ones we bought look like:

Guns-N%E2%80%99-Roses-Concert-Poster-Lit

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

What sucks about the lithos is the originals are so much better than the reprints. Reprints being what we fans buy, I mean. Take a look at the Jordan one as an example. 

 

This is the original 4422992213067060602.jpg

This is what the ones we bought look like:

Guns-N%E2%80%99-Roses-Concert-Poster-Lit

 

Yeah, I have that litho. It certainly made more sense to me when I saw the artist's real vision. 

I still like it though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockytop said:

Yeah, I have that litho. It certainly made more sense to me when I saw the artist's real vision. 

I still like it though. 

So how much do you pay at Hobby Lobby? I finally took my Jordan litho and Coachella litho to Michael's and I paid over $200 total for both.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

What sucks about the lithos is the originals are so much better than the reprints. Reprints being what we fans buy, I mean. Take a look at the Jordan one as an example. 

 

This is the original 4422992213067060602.jpg

This is what the ones we bought look like:

Guns-N%E2%80%99-Roses-Concert-Poster-Lit

 

Old news. This has been on lithorati since day 1. Also still looking for a San Francisco litho 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...