Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

I LOVE the lithograph from last night.  Great show as always, made better by catching up with 30 or so friends pre-show.  I grew up in the greater Charlotte area and was in Jr. High when the Hornets came to town back in 1988.  What I love is how they tied in the Hornets basketball team, but not so direct to athletics as the Hornets moniker has a long history with the Charlotte area.

In 1780, British commander, Lord Cornwallis was leading his troops in what was known as the Southern Theatre. It was a British attempt to win over loyalist in the southern states. His campaign began in Charleston, SC and headed north

That is when he encountered heavy resistance from the people of Mecklenburg. During the war, British Commander Lord Cornwallis referred to Mecklenburg as “a veritable hornet’s nest of rebellion.” Since then, the “Hornets” moniker has appeared throughout Charlotte history. From 1901 to 1972 there was a minor league baseball team by the same name. Also, UNCC and Davidson play annually for the Hornets Nest trophy each basketball season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, TigerBubba said:

I LOVE the lithograph from last night.  Great show as always, made better by catching up with 30 or so friends pre-show.  I grew up in the greater Charlotte area and was in Jr. High when the Hornets came to town back in 1988.  What I love is how they tied in the Hornets basketball team, but not so direct to athletics as the Hornets moniker has a long history with the Charlotte area.

In 1780, British commander, Lord Cornwallis was leading his troops in what was known as the Southern Theatre. It was a British attempt to win over loyalist in the southern states. His campaign began in Charleston, SC and headed north

That is when he encountered heavy resistance from the people of Mecklenburg. During the war, British Commander Lord Cornwallis referred to Mecklenburg as “a veritable hornet’s nest of rebellion.” Since then, the “Hornets” moniker has appeared throughout Charlotte history. From 1901 to 1972 there was a minor league baseball team by the same name. Also, UNCC and Davidson play annually for the Hornets Nest trophy each basketball season.

As another long-time resident of Charlotte, I second this.  This litho is sooooo good for the above reasons, I was really pumped when I saw it.  Love the Charlotte skyline in the background too.  I had to protect them in the pit but they emerged unscathed.  

The 3 so far have been sick but I really like the white borders on the lithos.  I don't know maybe I'm weird but the images seem to pop more with a border plus they look amazing framed.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:42 PM, Rockytop said:

https://imgur.com/a/uZ5Yowk

Here's my collection so far. Just got Tokyo (Godzilla) back from Hobby Lobby today. 

I have Brisbane and Duff from the LA shows that aren't framed. 

Sick room dude, has that old mansion look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Slash1227 said:

The 3 so far have been sick but I really like the white borders on the lithos.  I don't know maybe I'm weird but the images seem to pop more with a border plus they look amazing framed.

Sick room dude, has that old mansion look.

Thank you! We have people over a lot and get a lot of use out of it. Most people really like the lithos as well. 

• Thanks 1