Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got all the lithos from the shows I've been to so far up in my basement music room    

It's been a while, everyone. Hope you're all keeping safe. I've been keeping myself occupied throughout the pandemic and amongst other things, I completed a little pet project of mine that I though

Thank you to everybody who helped make this possible. You know who you are

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Negative.

Louder Than Life is by far the best of this leg.

It's decent I agree, but it reminds me so much of a bunch of Ulrich's other lithos that it just doesn't stand out to me.

It's very similar to Leipzig, and also has that "cracked" finish that Rocky, Chicago 17 and Berlin 18 have. Feels a bit derivative to me, from some of his others.

3 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

It's decent I agree, but it reminds me so much of a bunch of Ulrich's other lithos that it just doesn't stand out to me.

It's very similar to Leipzig, and also has that "cracked" finish that Rocky, Chicago 17 and Berlin 18 have. Feels a bit derivative to me, from some of his others.

I don't necessarily see that as a negative. Arian Buhler has also reused certain tricks and styles such as the 'creased paper' look on his lithos yet nobody ever complains about his designs looking similar to each other.

I agree, sometimes some artists designs look similar but sometimes I like that because it makes it feel like lithos are related or connected instead of being completely haphazard. If lithos didn't look like each other from time to time, we'd have one litho we like and 160+ lithos that we hate. Taking what works or what you like and using it in another design is the fundamental reason why we're drawn to a particular artist's style.

All I know is that Wichita and Lincoln has me screaming "a horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse" - except replace horse with "litho designed by Buhler, Ulli, Butler, Lenoir, Campoy or Geoff May" - pretty much anybody who has at least already pumped out one good litho. I usually have no problem with giving new artists a chance but this is not working out well this leg. I'm just glad that we still have Ulli and Buhler designs to look forward to.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SAU3R said:

For fucks sake what is this? I think I never saw this thankfully, until now.. 

Their lithos are hit or miss

Mate tell me about it :lol:, someone must of fucked this show up and had to nick their kid's pre-show drawing to use as artwork. Surely...

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, SAU3R said:

For fucks sake what is this? I think I never saw this thankfully, until now.. 

Their lithos are hit or miss

Haha I have to disagree on Adelaide.  Its so crazy, different, and random that its really grown on me.  The font makes it cool too.  

I like both of the ones from Mexico. That Tijuana one is stellar! Both of them vibrant and festive. Nicely done.

Gods I hope SLC doesn't suck......would love to see someone hanging from the arch with a GnR was here note. Instead it will be someone floating in a dark salt lake (which no one does hahaha).

1 hour ago, owenstar said:

I like both of the ones from Mexico. That Tijuana one is stellar! Both of them vibrant and festive. Nicely done.

Gods I hope SLC doesn't suck......would love to see someone hanging from the arch with a GnR was here note. Instead it will be someone floating in a dark salt lake (which no one does hahaha).

Are you going to SLC?

6 hours ago, Lio said:

Tijuana is the first this leg I really love!

Arian Buhler :wub:

Just because of the leather vest it reminds me of the Werchter one.

No other litho artist has done the fine-art inspired lithos, let alone with the canvas effect.  I'd bet my collection its buhler.

3 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

No other litho artist has done the fine-art inspired lithos, let alone with the canvas effect.  I'd bet my collection its buhler.

Yes, according to Lithorati it is. So you can keep your collection.

Buhler remains the best by far imo, but I like a lot of Planer's ones too. The others just aren't for me.