Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Have to say I am a fan of your work, waited in line for two hours to get the Cleveland poster, it ended up being too dark.  Your original idea for Cleveland would have been amazing, but alas nothing ever goes easy for Cleveland, mistake on the lake, the drive etc.😰😰

22 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Have to say I am a fan of your work, waited in line for two hours to get the Cleveland poster, it ended up being too dark.  Your original idea for Cleveland would have been amazing, but alas nothing ever goes easy for Cleveland, mistake on the lake, the drive etc.😰😰

Thanks for the kind words. Obviously you know I created it specifically for Cleveland. I basically had to make Tulsa work with the design, which isn’t usually how I design posters for GNR. 

Edited by facefirst

26 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

And yeah, the CLE poster was pretty bad. I saw it in person and hit up the art director with a pic and said “mine was passed over for this”. The artwork itself is fine but the printing was absolute garbage and shouldn’t have left the printer. 

51 minutes ago, Brose said:

if you are the one I am thinking about, we are gonna be happy with any idea you come up with!

Thanks a lot. It makes me happy that people like my work. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, facefirst said:

I designed/illustrated the SLC poster. I can say that it features none of those themes. Sorry :(

I'm excited either way. The arch in Zion park is iconic here. The red rocks are just fucking cool be it Moab, St George, or Lake Powell. I cant draw a straight line to save my life, so take my art criticism with the salt in the flats or lake. 

Are you going to be at the SLC show? I will buy you a beer!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, owenstar said:

I'm excited either way. The arch in Zion park is iconic here. The red rocks are just fucking cool be it Moab, St George, or Lake Powell. I cant draw a straight line to save my life, so take my art criticism with the salt in the flats or lake. 

Are you going to be at the SLC show? I will buy you a beer!

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be here in Cleveland. I was in SLC last year. Zion and the whole state is beautiful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, facefirst said:

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be here in Cleveland. I was in SLC last year. Zion and the whole state is beautiful. 

Its wonderful once you get out of the urban sprawl. The 15 corridor from mid state to almost idaho is awful. Especially compared to where I am from.

I once made the drive from Cleveland to Toledo and was pleasantly surprised how lush and green it was. I expected more urban sprawl and was blown away by the beauty outside the city. 

5 hours ago, owenstar said:

Its wonderful once you get out of the urban sprawl. The 15 corridor from mid state to almost idaho is awful. Especially compared to where I am from.

I once made the drive from Cleveland to Toledo and was pleasantly surprised how lush and green it was. I expected more urban sprawl and was blown away by the beauty outside the city. 

Yeah, I grew up between Cleveland and Toledo On the lake and lived in both cities. The drive along the lake is pretty awesome. 

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Dude I saw this video of the guitar at a hard rock and looked exactly like your design.

100% coincidence. I didn’t use any reference material. 

3 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

It's good to know SLC is in safe hands :thumbsup:

You’re too kind. I hope it doesn’t disappoint. 

• Like 1

I like the Salt Lake City decision, kind of reminds  me a little bit of la trilogy?

6 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Still need to frame the LA '17 trio, but the other shows attended wall is full 

20191028_105802_compress82.jpg

Very impressive, these things are like works of art when they are framed 

5 hours ago, facefirst said:

So I figured I'll go ahead and share tomorrow's SLC poster.

aZiOy0S.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

A couple questions:

Was there anything in particular that inspired the theme?

Seems like a pretty deliberate decision to skip "Not in This Lifetime" and go with either "Fall Tour" or "Tour 2019" on this leg's merchandise. Did you receive any instruction regarding this?

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

Thanks for sharing!

A couple questions:

Was there anything in particular that inspired the theme?

Seems like a pretty deliberate decision to skip "Not in This Lifetime" and go with either "Fall Tour" or "Tour 2019" on this leg's merchandise. Did you receive any instruction regarding this?

The idea behind the design is that there’s SO MUCH beautiful outdoor space around SLC and mountain biking is really big there.

They are no longer going with the NITL branding so you shouldn't see it on any posters for this tour.

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing! I love the color scheme, so vibrant. I really love the tread at the bottom.

The great outdoors is a huge part of the Utah experience. You cant go more than a house or two down without someone owning a trailer or some sort of atv, boat, dirt bike, what have you. Mountain biking is also a huge activity here, especially in southern Utah. Mormon missionaries ride their bikes while "serving" and a good number of them continue it in the mountain biking version as a hobby. Downtown, our drug dealers use BMX bikes to deliver their goods. 

Obviously the Utah mountains are kind of a big deal too.

Really cool design. I also liken it to the SoCal trilogy. 

• Like 2