Jump to content

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork


Recommended Posts

On 3/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Mcs953 said:

That would have been a beautiful litho for Cleveland, Ohio screwed again, instead we got that ugly looking too dark design.  Cleveland just can’t catch a break.  Thanks amaninjapan.

I designed the Cleveland/Tulsa poster. No Cleveland ones were printed. I have the original art file for it but obviously couldn’t sell It as a GNR print. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got all the lithos from the shows I've been to so far up in my basement music room    

Thank you to everybody who helped make this possible. You know who you are

Maybe some of you would like to see a poster design that went unapproved.  I figure it would be fun to see.  This was supposed to be for the Vegas shows for tomorrow and Saturday.  Since there hasn't

Posted Images

On 3/3/2019 at 11:58 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

I don’t know if you care about litho content at this point, but the Tulsa litho is of Slash’s guitar from the Don’t Cry video. The one he threw off the cliff. That guitar was retrieved and donated to a Hard Rock Hotel, and I believe is displayed somewhat like the litho. There is a Hard Rock Hotel near Tulsa. 

 It wasn’t based on the Don’t Cry guitar. I just wanted to draw a gnarly smashed up Les Paul haha. 

Edited by facefirst
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say I am a fan of your work, waited in line for two hours to get the Cleveland poster, it ended up being too dark.  Your original idea for Cleveland would have been amazing, but alas nothing ever goes easy for Cleveland, mistake on the lake, the drive etc.😰😰

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Have to say I am a fan of your work, waited in line for two hours to get the Cleveland poster, it ended up being too dark.  Your original idea for Cleveland would have been amazing, but alas nothing ever goes easy for Cleveland, mistake on the lake, the drive etc.😰😰

Thanks for the kind words. Obviously you know I created it specifically for Cleveland. I basically had to make Tulsa work with the design, which isn’t usually how I design posters for GNR. 
 

 

Edited by facefirst
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Have to say I am a fan of your work, waited in line for two hours to get the Cleveland poster, it ended up being too dark.  Your original idea for Cleveland would have been amazing, but alas nothing ever goes easy for Cleveland, mistake on the lake, the drive etc.😰😰

And yeah, the CLE poster was pretty bad. I saw it in person and hit up the art director with a pic and said “mine was passed over for this”. The artwork itself is fine but the printing was absolute garbage and shouldn’t have left the printer. 

51 minutes ago, Brose said:

if you are the one I am thinking about, we are gonna be happy with any idea you come up with!

Thanks a lot. It makes me happy that people like my work. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, facefirst said:

I designed/illustrated the SLC poster. I can say that it features none of those themes. Sorry :(

I'm excited either way. The arch in Zion park is iconic here. The red rocks are just fucking cool be it Moab, St George, or Lake Powell. I cant draw a straight line to save my life, so take my art criticism with the salt in the flats or lake. 

Are you going to be at the SLC show? I will buy you a beer!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, owenstar said:

I'm excited either way. The arch in Zion park is iconic here. The red rocks are just fucking cool be it Moab, St George, or Lake Powell. I cant draw a straight line to save my life, so take my art criticism with the salt in the flats or lake. 

Are you going to be at the SLC show? I will buy you a beer!

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be here in Cleveland. I was in SLC last year. Zion and the whole state is beautiful. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, facefirst said:

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be here in Cleveland. I was in SLC last year. Zion and the whole state is beautiful. 

Its wonderful once you get out of the urban sprawl. The 15 corridor from mid state to almost idaho is awful. Especially compared to where I am from.

I once made the drive from Cleveland to Toledo and was pleasantly surprised how lush and green it was. I expected more urban sprawl and was blown away by the beauty outside the city. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, owenstar said:

Its wonderful once you get out of the urban sprawl. The 15 corridor from mid state to almost idaho is awful. Especially compared to where I am from.

I once made the drive from Cleveland to Toledo and was pleasantly surprised how lush and green it was. I expected more urban sprawl and was blown away by the beauty outside the city. 

 

Yeah, I grew up between Cleveland and Toledo On the lake and lived in both cities. The drive along the lake is pretty awesome. 

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Dude I saw this video of the guitar at a hard rock and looked exactly like your design.

100% coincidence. I didn’t use any reference material. 

3 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

It's good to know SLC is in safe hands :thumbsup:

You’re too kind. I hope it doesn’t disappoint. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Salt Lake City decision, kind of reminds  me a little bit of la trilogy?

6 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Still need to frame the LA '17 trio, but the other shows attended wall is full 

20191028_105802_compress82.jpg

Very impressive, these things are like works of art when they are framed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, facefirst said:

So I figured I'll go ahead and share tomorrow's SLC poster.

aZiOy0S.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

A couple questions:

Was there anything in particular that inspired the theme?

Seems like a pretty deliberate decision to skip "Not in This Lifetime" and go with either "Fall Tour" or "Tour 2019" on this leg's merchandise. Did you receive any instruction regarding this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

Thanks for sharing!

A couple questions:

Was there anything in particular that inspired the theme?

Seems like a pretty deliberate decision to skip "Not in This Lifetime" and go with either "Fall Tour" or "Tour 2019" on this leg's merchandise. Did you receive any instruction regarding this?

The idea behind the design is that there’s SO MUCH beautiful outdoor space around SLC and mountain biking is really big there.

They are no longer going with the NITL branding so you shouldn't see it on any posters for this tour.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So weird that they've dropped the NITL branding on the merch but still use it in online advertising, billboards and in the electronic displays and video screens at the concerts. And obviously keeping the same setlist.

Personally I thought it was a little disingenuous for them to market Honolulu as, and I quote, "the last stop on the NITL tour" back in December of last year and then made an announcement 4 months later that the same tour was continuing 9 months after the "last" show was held.

At least with previous announcements of a new leg, they announced them before the current leg had finished. But four months after you said it was over? That's not cool.

I can name at least twenty friends who would not have traveled all the way to Hawaii if it hadn't been advertised as the last show of the tour.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 10:53 AM, facefirst said:

I designed/illustrated the SLC poster. I can say that it features none of those themes. Sorry :(

So cool to see an artist in here. Thank you for your hard work!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for sharing! I love the color scheme, so vibrant. I really love the tread at the bottom.

The great outdoors is a huge part of the Utah experience. You cant go more than a house or two down without someone owning a trailer or some sort of atv, boat, dirt bike, what have you. Mountain biking is also a huge activity here, especially in southern Utah. Mormon missionaries ride their bikes while "serving" and a good number of them continue it in the mountain biking version as a hobby. Downtown, our drug dealers use BMX bikes to deliver their goods. 

Obviously the Utah mountains are kind of a big deal too.

Really cool design. I also liken it to the SoCal trilogy. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...