Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 10/28/2019 at 12:11 AM, facefirst said:

I designed the Cleveland/Tulsa poster. No Cleveland ones were printed. I have the original art file for it but obviously couldn’t sell It as a GNR print. 

Obviously, you couldn't.  I understand.

BUT....you could always "GIVE" it to your fellow Clevelander GNR fans as a gift, and then maybe you'll receive some gifts in your paypal account just as a show of appreciation?

For real though, your design blows away the other one so much it's not funny.  It was wasted on Tulsa.   They don't deserve it.   I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio, so those goofy "Traffic Gods" statues are very familiar to me.  I love the dimensions of the poster too.  If it had been released as Cleveland instead of Tulsa I'd have paid big bucks to track down a copy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

You should be good, Jersey Devil was not numbered.

http://www.lithorati.com/na2016/2016-07-24 New Jersey.html

I was at both NJ shows that year and wondered why they didn't number that 2nd night. Do we have any insight into that, or whether or not the amount printed was the same as the night before?

32 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Maybe some of you would like to see a poster design that went unapproved.  I figure it would be fun to see.  This was supposed to be for the Vegas shows for tomorrow and Saturday.  Since there hasn't been a request for the art for production I think it's safe to say that this is rejected.  Such is the life of a designer!

Z1sd5i0.jpg

Damn this is a sick design! Let's hope something really freakin' good got to the top of the list over this then...

On 10/28/2019 at 12:04 PM, GoBucky said:

Still need to frame the LA '17 trio, but the other shows attended wall is full 

20191028_105802_compress82.jpg

Very impressive, these things are like works of art when they are framed 

Very impressive design, like the colors.  Very talented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, facefirst said:

Maybe some of you would like to see a poster design that went unapproved.  I figure it would be fun to see.  This was supposed to be for the Vegas shows for tomorrow and Saturday.  Since there hasn't been a request for the art for production I think it's safe to say that this is rejected.  Such is the life of a designer!

Z1sd5i0.jpg

Holy fuck, this is ducking awesome. I thought it was legit and was jealous. 

2 hours ago, facefirst said:

Z1sd5i0.jpg

That is awesome!  Interesting to see what they go with.  I do hope they have a different for each nite tho.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, facefirst said:

Z1sd5i0.jpg

I've always found Bravado's process of choosing artwork for the show to be kinda strange. I'd hate to spend hours on a design without knowing if it'll ever see the light of day! Maybe that's just the life of an artist?

4 hours ago, nycgunner said:

They should have just done multiple posters for the same show. The more the merrier!  Great work! 

You never know, they still just might...

Every leg this tour, there's been at least one show with two lithos. Then again that trend might change since other people are in charge for this leg.

14 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I've always found Bravado's process of choosing artwork for the show to be kinda strange. I'd hate to spend hours on a design without knowing if it'll ever see the light of day! Maybe that's just the life of an artist?

It sucks but I get paid just for submitting designs.  Otherwise I wouldn’t submit spec work hoping that it gets approved in order to get paid. 

9 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

You never know, they still just might...

Every leg this tour, there's been at least one show with two lithos. Then again that trend might change since other people are in charge for this leg.

Yeah and Vegas got 2 last time around (3 if we count a difference in paper stock 4 if you count folding the thin one lol). I still need a thick card stock un numbered of the slot machine from 2017 vegas

17 minutes ago, facefirst said:

It sucks but I get paid just for submitting designs.  Otherwise I wouldn’t submit spec work hoping that it gets approved in order to get paid. 

Oh sure, that definitely helps. But I guess... I don't know, I'm certainly no artist but I'd feel a little sad if artwork I did never got used. Doubly so if I was really proud of it, triply so if I genuinely thought what I came up with was better than what they went with haha.

6 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

Yeah and Vegas got 2 last time around (3 if we count a difference in paper stock 4 if you count folding the thin one lol). I still need a thick card stock un numbered of the slot machine from 2017 vegas

Oooooh, good luck with that. I haven't seen the thicker card stock version for a long time. I'm glad I grabbed mine as soon as I found out there was physically two different copies. I always wonder how many people out there don't realize there's two different versions.