Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

5 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Oooooh, good luck with that. I haven't seen the thicker card stock version for a long time. I'm glad I grabbed mine as soon as I found out there was physically two different copies. I always wonder how many people out there don't realize there's two different versions.

I think that's just it. People dont realize there is a difference. You have to pay attention to the pictures for sure since the hardstock ones were not numbered. 

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Maybe this one was rejected cause it clearly depicts a modern looking Axl.

All the other ones that I can think of seem to only depict Axl as he looked back in the day.

That’s what makes his submission great. And the brilliant use of the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign. I’m surprised it wasn’t chosen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Coma16 said:

It looks great, but reminds me of some of the ones they used in California.

@facefirst were there any parameters or rules that you had to follow?

No. Just make it relate to the city. 

9 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Oh sure, that definitely helps. But I guess... I don't know, I'm certainly no artist but I'd feel a little sad if artwork I did never got used. Doubly so if I was really proud of it, triply so if I genuinely thought what I came up with was better than what they went with haha.

I’m stoked on the art but it is what it is. That’s how the industry is.  I know I created a cool piece so I’m cool with that. 

4 hours ago, Stlconcerts said:

I think that's just it. People dont realize there is a difference. You have to pay attention to the pictures for sure since the hardstock ones were not numbered. 

What is the difference besides obviously the quality of paper it's printed on? Are there noticeable differences in the actual design? I am asking because I always felt like the designs released on Insta are how they look "originally," but, for example, every Chicago 2017 one I've seen doesn't have the proper silhouettes of people in the background behind the MJ-inspired dunker. It's blacked out.

Actual litho:

Actual poster:
http://lithorati.com/na2017leg2/2017-11-06 Chicago.html

Actual design:

Just now, Georgina Arriaga said:

I think this is the litho:

They rejected the one posted earlier for this hot shit?

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think it's a dope design. Especially since vegas has so many lithos already in the tank. Coming up with something new should be embraced. Nice work facefirst.

Edit. I probably should have quoted the other picture, since the new vegas one dropped....oops.

Edited by owenstar
  • Like 1

Poster tonight is confirmed Playing Card Girl. From what I am told it is numbered out of 200. I'll probably have to bite the bullet and buy this one on eBay. Diamond reward members from ceasers get early entry, VIP early entry etc. Not sure if they are doing 1 per but they haven't before that I know of so we will see. 

I thought the Sara Ray one was pretty weak, but she seemed to understand how to draw a woman's arm and fingers holding a cigarette, unlike this piece of garbage.  Just take a second look at this one and try not to notice the weird stump that should be a right arm, and the fact that the left hand only has three fingers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

She also has three fingers and no elbow so, wouldn't count on anything.

dRdGAIF.jpg

I had no idea we had celebrity memebers! Hahaha sorry the first thing I thought of was Nunez or Peck insulting a tattoo with only 3 fingers. I can almost hear a mix of their voices saying "you drew a beautiful face, just to drop the ball on the rest of her anatomy".

@facefirst had the sickest design for Vegas. Love the new Axl look, loved the color scheme, swirling background colors were amazing. Would kill to have that poster in my collection. And I haven't seen a design that made me really excited for quite a few legs of this tour. Can't believe it didn't get chosen.

@facefirst have you kept up with the other lithos from the tour? Do you have any favs besides your own lol.

• Like 2