Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

4 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

I'll volunteer to head this in terms of helping FaceFirst coordinate logistics.  As of now, I have 5 people who would be interested (nycgunner, Mcs953, ZoSoRose, alangarcianr, rossco).  Assuming we get critical mass for FaceFirst, I can help coordinate names, mailing addresses and email addresses.  Or if easier to protect people's privacy, I'll keep a list of user names and then we/FaceFirst can create a private Google Doc (or something) so only FaceFirst gets in the contact details.  For example, I have no interest in getting anyone's personal details, but I am happy to help facilitate since I suggested this idea.

Thanks!

Good idea.thanks

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

I'll volunteer to head this in terms of helping FaceFirst coordinate logistics.  As of now, I have 5 people who would be interested (nycgunner, Mcs953, ZoSoRose, alangarcianr, rossco).  Assuming we get critical mass for FaceFirst, I can help coordinate names, mailing addresses and email addresses.  Or if easier to protect people's privacy, I'll keep a list of user names and then we/FaceFirst can create a private Google Doc (or something) so only FaceFirst gets in the contact details.  For example, I have no interest in getting anyone's personal details, but I am happy to help facilitate since I suggested this idea.

Thanks!

Awesome. Add me to the list.

Depe

5 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Thanks!

Depending on price + shipping to the UK I’m, at the least, very interested.

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

@The Holographic Universe you are coming off as a massive piece of shit. I'm shocked with how much of a douche you are in here rn. Its not even up for debate

Massive POS? Debate? As if. Was I on the Rwanda genocide? What affect do my actions have on the Earth? GNR Lithos are the new standard for being a shitty human being? I’ve given away all my lithos for free. I’ve spent over a thousand on frames and lithos and freely gave them away. I don’t even try to profit or rip any human being on this Earth off. You’re making claims on a person based off a thread in a GNR forum. I’m on ignore even though i have never talk to that guy. Stupid. I’m open. I’m pouring my love of GNR into others. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

6 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Massive POS? Debate? As if. Was I on the Rwanda genocide? What affect do my actions have on the Earth? GNR Lithos are the new standard for being a shitty human being? I’ve given away all my lithos for free. I’ve spent over a thousand on frames and lithos and freely gave them away. I don’t even try to profit or rip any human being on this Earth off. You’re making claims on a person based off a thread in a GNR forum. I’m on ignore even though i have never talk to that guy. Stupid. I’m open. I’m pouring my love of GNR into others. 

I can vouch for the free litho. He gave me the New Zealand litho in an expensive frame. 

@The Holographic Universe has my gratitude and respect in other ways as well, based off some messages we've exchanged.

I don't have a clue what started the back and forth...I haven't read every post in this thread, but I imagine that 99.9% of the people in this thread would get along great in person. Forums on the internet can be weird places sometimes. 

• Like 1

Just curious to see what the group thinks. 

I have an outdoor living room and was thinking about putting a litho out there. It wouldn't have any direct exposure to sun or rain, but it would be outside. Of course, there is humidity (I live in Tennessee) and condensation. 

I've had a Danny Schmidt framed litho (singer songwriter friend that no one has heard of) out there for about 6 months, and it's not showing any ill signs. That doesn't mean that eventually it will. 

I'm guessing most would say don't do it, but just curious if anyone has done that in a similar climate or has an opinion on it. 

1 minute ago, Rockytop said:

I have an outdoor living room and was thinking about putting a litho out there. It wouldn't have any direct exposure to sun or rain, but it would be outside. Of course, there is humidity (I live in Tennessee) and condensation. 

I've had a Danny Schmidt framed litho (singer songwriter friend that no one has heard of) out there for about 6 months, and it's not showing any ill signs. That doesn't mean that eventually it will. 

I'm guessing most would say don't do it, but just curious if anyone has done that in a similar climate or has an opinion on it. 

Depends on which litho, how much it's worth and how much you would care if the litho were damaged. Personally, if we're just talking about a 'cheap' litho and/or one that is easily replaced, or a litho that you really aren't going to shed a tear for if it were damaged, then go for it. If it's valuable or not easily replaceable then I would recommend you either don't do it or hang up something else. If it's valuable, there are ways to frame an item to make it resistant (but not invincible) to the elements. Professional framers can seal a frame airtight and you can also buy numerous glass/acrylic panes that have very good anti-UV coatings. Tru Vue is probably the leader in quality glass and acrylic for framing and they have some conservation-grade UV coatings. It all comes at a price though. Would love to know what you end up doing.

13 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Depends on which litho, how much it's worth and how much you would care if the litho were damaged. Personally, if we're just talking about a 'cheap' litho and/or one that is easily replaced, or a litho that you really aren't going to shed a tear for if it were damaged, then go for it. If it's valuable or not easily replaceable then I would recommend you either don't do it or hang up something else. If it's valuable, there are ways to frame an item to make it resistant (but not invincible) to the elements. Professional framers can seal a frame airtight and you can also buy numerous glass/acrylic panes that have very good anti-UV coatings. Tru Vue is probably the leader in quality glass and acrylic for framing and they have some conservation-grade UV coatings. It all comes at a price though. Would love to know what you end up doing.

Thank you sir for the insight and advice! 

I have a Brisbane litho that I was thinking about using. I like the litho, and think it would look good out there, and I think I got for around $125 on Ebay, so it didn't cost a fortune. 

I'm using my friend's litho as a test run really. 

28 minutes ago, Rockytop said:

If the frame is airtight I can't imagine it would be an issue.  If it's not then eventually it will effect the paper over time.  It's not something that's going to happen tomorrow, next month or even next year but over time it will compromise it eventually.

20 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Thanks!

Sounds good.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Without a UV coating, it will definitely fade. But it's very much a YMMV sort of situation. Direct sunlight is worse than indirect sunlight, living in Florida or Qatar is probably worse than living in San Diego etc etc. Something with more color like the Brisbane Purple Surfer will show fading more easily than say a litho that's predominantly an empty white etc. It might noticeably fade over a year, it might take ten years :shrugs:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Without a UV coating, it will definitely fade. But it's very much a YMMV sort of situation. Direct sunlight is worse than indirect sunlight, living in Florida or Qatar is probably worse than living in San Diego etc etc. Something with more color like the Brisbane Purple Surfer will show fading more easily than say a litho that's predominantly an empty white etc. It might noticeably fade over a year, it might take ten years :shrugs:

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that litho showing fade more easily.

I do landscape photography, mainly just as a hobby, and I get prints done on metal. It's a great medium for landscape shots. I know it's utterly impractical and expensive for concert lithos, but it would be a cool high end and unique thing if that was ever done. 

With the colors on your Vegas litho, @facefirst, I bet it would look awesome printed on metal. Have you ever printed your work on metal? 

I think it's an amazing litho by the way...can't believe they didn't use it. 

It'd be crazy impractical sometimes, but yeah sometimes the truly 'out there' type prints are super cool. Like the Nine Inch Nails print for their Palladium show. It was actually made to look like a strip of film, complete with sprocket holes and translucence! Very cool for sure, but it'd be a nightmare to figure out how to display that properly to get the maximum out of it!

DwIu3Jx.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, amaninjapan said:

It'd be crazy impractical sometimes, but yeah sometimes the truly 'out there' type prints are super cool. Like the Nine Inch Nails print for their Palladium show. It was actually made to look like a strip of film, complete with sprocket holes and translucence! Very cool for sure, but it'd be a nightmare to figure out how to display that properly to get the maximum out of it!

DwIu3Jx.jpg

Wow! That's really cool. 

1 hour ago, Rockytop said:

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that litho showing fade more easily.

I do landscape photography, mainly just as a hobby, and I get prints done on metal. It's a great medium for landscape shots. I know it's utterly impractical and expensive for concert lithos, but it would be a cool high end and unique thing if that was ever done. 

With the colors on your Vegas litho, @facefirst, I bet it would look awesome printed on metal. Have you ever printed your work on metal? 

I think it's an amazing litho by the way...can't believe they didn't use it. 

Thanks for the kind words. 

Yep, I’ve had prints done on metal before. Some illustrations that I gave a friend as a Christmas gift. They turned out really cool. Expensive to do, though. 

Edited by facefirst
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

10 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Sinking ship. 

Lol