Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

• 1 month later...

New Lithorati Podcast Episode! Includes an interview with Arian Buhler

Lithorati Podcast - Episode 2 - Japan 2017 Lithograph Review - We continue the lithograph reviews with this episode focusing on the tour's  brief stop in Japan in 2017. My friend E.T. joins us to share his thoughts and experiences going to a show from this leg, as well as the  trials and tribulations of trying to score merch amongst rabid Japanese GNR fans.   

Arian Buhler also joins us! The fabled lithograph artist himself graces the interview booth for us and is gracious enough to let me ask him question after question about his beautiful tour artwork.   

Timestamps
00:00:00 Introduction
00:05:50 Interview with Guest for Japan 2017 Leg (E.T. from Tokyo)
00:43:58 Osaka
00:58:20 Kobe
01:28:38 Yokohama
01:37:21 Saitama Dragon (Green & Blue)
01:50:42 Tokyo Zilla
01:58:25 Arian Buhler Interview
02:29:25 Outro

• Like 1

Man I love hearing these. Excellent scoop you got out of Arian about the Tokyo litho and who requested it! Makes me love it that much more. Stop putting yourself down and calling it torturous to listen to. I find the time just breezes by. And having your friend on to relive his experience was great. Having somone who attended a show from each leg is an excellent addition.

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

That podcast is awesome :lol:.

It's be cool if they'd release a big hardback book now that the NITL tour is over with a page to each lithograph and a bit from the artist about the inspiration.  

Ideas, ideas pertaining to the music, tour, bsnd, The Big 3s work of 35 years.  Good idea.

4 hours ago, uzi your illusion said:

Man I love hearing these. Excellent scoop you got out of Arian about the Tokyo litho and who requested it! Makes me love it that much more. Stop putting yourself down and calling it torturous to listen to. I find the time just breezes by. And having your friend on to relive his experience was great. Having somone who attended a show from each leg is an excellent addition.

thanks for the kind words

it's a little self-deprecating humor just to remind everybody that i don't have any grand pie-in-the-sky dreams or plans for the podcast. the podcast was born simply out of my love for talking about the lithos with fellow collectors, the conversations we usually have in private that several people have recommended we do in public so as some of this fun can be shared with more people. i think the first goal for the podcast is for the participants to have fun - i don't want anybody to participate and feel like it's a chore or anything. and then if anybody else out there listens and enjoys it too, i consider that very much a plus.

i enjoy having the discussions, i enjoy putting in the time and effort in the editing room to piece together a smooth episode, whoever feels like coming along for the ride is more than welcome :)

and yes, I very much enjoyed Arian Buhler dropping a bombshell. He's done that several times now! In the Brando podcast we got the scoop that Imola Cannibal Holocaust was his design, which was great!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

thanks for the kind words

it's a little self-deprecating humor just to remind everybody that i don't have any grand pie-in-the-sky dreams or plans for the podcast. the podcast was born simply out of my love for talking about the lithos with fellow collectors, the conversations we usually have in private that several people have recommended we do in public so as some of this fun can be shared with more people. i think the first goal for the podcast is for the participants to have fun - i don't want anybody to participate and feel like it's a chore or anything. and then if anybody else out there listens and enjoys it too, i consider that very much a plus.

i enjoy having the discussions, i enjoy putting in the time and effort in the editing room to piece together a smooth episode, whoever feels like coming along for the ride is more than welcome :)

and yes, I very much enjoyed Arian Buhler dropping a bombshell. He's done that several times now! In the Brando podcast we got the scoop that Imola Cannibal Holocaust was his design, which was great!

Great podcasts. The picture of you looking like you are punching yourself on Facebook always throws me off.

11 hours ago, Amaya said:

Ideas, ideas pertaining to the music, tour, bsnd, The Big 3s work of 35 years.  Good idea.

There's so may cool 'high quality' merch they could make as a separate range to go alongside the cheap stuff like trucks and toy yo-yo's.

My idea would be for a 'Not in This Lifetime encyclopedia' 

It'd have 

- A huge section on all the lithographs

- A section on the design and setup of the stage they used

- A breakdown of the gear used by all the guys

etc

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

I'ts not too bad.  3,200 AUS, that' what, 20 USD?

I joke,  Good for the seller.  I'd sell all of my music concert posters I've carefully cultivated and had framed if someone's willing to spend 3K for them.

1 hour ago, BigVanVader said:

I'ts not too bad.  3,200 AUS, that' what, 20 USD?

I joke,  Good for the seller.  I'd sell all of my music concert posters I've carefully cultivated and had framed if someone's willing to spend 3K for them.

:lol: The thing is, no-one is. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that'll spend $3k on that, surely.

• 1 month later...

Clearly something is not right. I would stay far far away. Also I’ll add. I messaged the guy and told him and could have got $1k for London at the least. He basically brushed it off. Also said he was desperate for money that’s why he’s selling. If he was desperate why not relist. 

Edited by Kylewhodat

On 5/13/2020 at 6:15 AM, GNR_RNR said:

There's so may cool 'high quality' merch they could make as a separate range to go alongside the cheap stuff like trucks and toy yo-yo's.

My idea would be for a 'Not in This Lifetime encyclopedia' 

It'd have 

- A huge section on all the lithographs

- A section on the design and setup of the stage they used

- A breakdown of the gear used by all the guys

etc

That would be cool as a thick glossy picture type book for a coffee table etc. Lots of high def pictures of the guys on stage and the info said about their gear etc.

I'd buy that :wub:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand, the day of the show it was snowing and not a nice day.  No tubes were provided for the lithos and many didn’t survive or did survive but not undamaged.  Add in the iconic design and low print number and you have a recipe for a key litho.  The bidding on eBay at the moment seems to agree.  My top 3 are

kobe

london ripper

cincy.

2 hours ago, Mcs953 said:

From what I understand, the day of the show it was snowing and not a nice day.  No tubes were provided for the lithos and many didn’t survive or did survive but not undamaged.  Add in the iconic design and low print number and you have a recipe for a key litho.  The bidding on eBay at the moment seems to agree.  My top 3 are

kobe

london ripper

cincy.

I up bid it last night for shits and gigs. It was at 543$. Pushed it to 2k in 30 minutes. It hasn’t moved since I was outbid.