Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I didn’t want to wait to see if somebody wanted it bad. And one person does because he exceeded my 2,000$ bid. But I didn’t want to wait 4 days to see his has skin the game. What you think it will go for?

I'm shocked it's as high as it is so I can honestly say I have no idea!

41 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

As it stands its on £4195 GBP with 4 days left 

What a bargain hahaha! You can buy signed Picasso's or an original Dalì for less. I noticed the seller is the same as the one in 2017 that wanted $2000 and @uzi your illusion offered $1000 and the seller rejected it/wanted to trade 3 litho's for it (including a signed Cinci).

Remember that @uzi your illusion? This is that same ebayer. How many does he have exactly? As he sold that one in 2017, and the current ad states you have a choice of two numbers, he will keep the other. So that's at least 3, assuming he hasn't sold/traded any others in the last 3 years.

14 minutes ago, Mcs953 said:

Good for the seller, if the demand is there and people are willing to pay then I guess it is worth that.  Simple economics, low supply, large demand.  Same with gold diamonds etc.  was a Picasso worth big money when he was alive?  Probably not.

Not sure what your point is? I have a degree in Economics so I grasp the supply/demand. Not sure what Picasso prices while he was alive has to do with it in terms of a Kobe though? I suppose that concert is dead, but other than that?

My point was, that as much as I would love a Kobe, it won't hold its value like a Picasso or a Dalì. There are 9 bidders on the Kobe. The demand for GN'R litho's is not what this forum or we tend to believe it is (compared to the artists I mentioned, let's be clear).

Good luck to the seller and the eventual buyer though, we'll agree on that. I hope they pay whatever price it finishes at. 

3 hours ago, DeathCubeUK said:

What a bargain hahaha! You can buy signed Picasso's or an original Dalì for less. I noticed the seller is the same as the one in 2017 that wanted $2000 and @uzi your illusion offered $1000 and the seller rejected it/wanted to trade 3 litho's for it (including a signed Cinci).

Remember that @uzi your illusion? This is that same ebayer. How many does he have exactly? As he sold that one in 2017, and the current ad states you have a choice of two numbers, he will keep the other. So that's at least 3, assuming he hasn't sold/traded any others in the last 3 years.

Jesus you have a good memory lol. When I tried bidding on Kobe the other day my username was blocked by the seller , I remembered after the fact that we had had words previously lol. Had to use my wife's username to start bidding. I guess in retrospect the $2000 would have been a gift. 

• Like 1

This is absurd for a modern day GNR poster, what the fuck. I cannot believe someone would spend over $5000 for a screen print! Then again, I guess there are other things like baseball and hockey cards that go for similar (and more). Crazy to me, as said above, if you can get a work signed from Picasso or Dali for less that also blows my mind. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

Jesus you have a good memory lol. When I tried bidding on Kobe the other day my username was blocked by the seller , I remembered after the fact that we had had words previously lol. Had to use my wife's username to start bidding. I guess in retrospect the $2000 would have been a gift. 

Haha, the story had stuck in my mind (not from 3 years ago, but when I re-read bits of the forum a year or two ago). Yeah that $2000ono would have been a steal 😟

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Its nothing too some if you got a few hundred thou or what ever its like when i seen 2 ACDC tixs with BJ go for 20,000Euro on some 2nd site in 2016 some people can drop thousands & not bat an eye lid

I'd want more than just 2 tickets and a BJ for 20 grand 😂🤣

My intuition tells me that the majority of people bidding are not people with a few hundred thousand spare, but i might be wrong.

4 hours ago, DeathCubeUK said:

What a bargain hahaha! You can buy signed Picasso's or an original Dalì for less.

The only Picassos you're getting for that price are lithographs/prints, not originals. I'm sure there's plenty of claimed original sketches that come with no provenance or proof but you might as well just draw one yourself and save yourself the money.

3 hours ago, DeathCubeUK said:

Not sure what your point is? I have a degree in Economics so I grasp the supply/demand. Not sure what Picasso prices while he was alive has to do with it in terms of a Kobe though? I suppose that concert is dead, but other than that?

My point was, that as much as I would love a Kobe, it won't hold its value like a Picasso or a Dalì. There are 9 bidders on the Kobe. The demand for GN'R litho's is not what this forum or we tend to believe it is (compared to the artists I mentioned, let's be clear).

Good luck to the seller and the eventual buyer though, we'll agree on that. I hope they pay whatever price it finishes at. 

I don't know man, I have an economics degree as well and the first thing you ever learn about economics is that in the real world, there will always be finite resources however the potential for consumer consumption of goods and services has no upper boundary and is for all intents and purposes, limitless. Additionally, you might be able to predict or model human necessity for certain goods or services but it's near impossible to predict or model human desire for goods or services. Something like a poster has value almost solely reliant on that immeasurable thing that is human desire.

And I think you're conflating two things - "Demand for an item" and "Ability to buy an item" - There's 9 bidders on Kobe and at least two of them are willing to pay over $5000 for it (one to bid its current price of $5400 and another to raise the current bid to that amount). Just because there's only (at least) 2 people who can afford to bid that much says absolutely nothing about how many people WANT Kobe. Nevertheless, judging by the comments in this thread, it's at least 2 more people than everyone expected! Just because 99% of people out there can't bring themselves to bid $5k on Kobe doesn't mean that the demand is "not what we tend to believe."

I should also point out that one might claim that demand/interest in GNR lithos might not be as big as we might think - but there has been more posts in this thread in the past two days because of this one Ebay auction than there had been posts in the past six months - for a concert that was held more than three and a half years ago! Maybe the demand/interest for GNR lithos is not immense but the demand/interest for Kobe specifically still seems to burn furiously.

Actually, I don't think it's fair or accurate to think "demand for GNR lithos" and "demand for Kobe" have anything to do with each other. Just because the average demand for a generic Ford on Ebay is low doesn't mean that if a Ford GT40 was listed on Ebay that it wouldn't be in high demand. Kobe has been, since the day after the concert, an outlier for sure. Some 2016 GNR lithos still go for the same price as they did in 2016 on Ebay, other designs have increased significantly in price. Do posters generally hold their value? Hard to say, right? Definitely falls into the "it depends" column. There's more data to work with if you look at Pearl Jam or Dave Matthews Band posters and although I can't say comfortably that they do or they don't, I think it's safe to say that THEY CAN. That iconic Pearl Jam Pittsburgh poster sold recently this year on Ebay for about $2300 and that concert was 7 years ago but it's also seen/traded a lot more frequently than Kobe. Apples and oranges I know but my point was that it's a case-by-case thing and with certain iconic designs, I think there is potential for them to hold higher than average value.

BUT - most importantly - unlike Pearl Jam posters (and this is just my personal opinion) - I do not believe most buyers of the more expensive GNR lithos give too much of a fuck about lithos holding value. I feel like a large amount of them pay the premium simply as payment for the chance to buy it and the opportunity to own it. The same thing happened to me recently when it came to buying a catalog from Ebay. There was a toy catalog from the 1980s that I must have thumbed through a million times and it was just an iconic object of my childhood. No idea what happened to my original catalog but I stumbled across a copy on Ebay for $80. We're talking about maybe something with an intrinsic value of like 10 cents. It's just a catalog. But I checked and it was the only one listed on Ebay, there were none that were recently sold on Ebay and there was nowhere else online that sold a copy. Was this item worth $80? Not a chance. But I was willing to pay $80 for the privilege of owning it. I received it safe and sound, I love it, I wouldn't value it more than 10 cents but the other $79.90 I was happy to pay for the privilege. How much of a lithos price is value that will hold and how much of it is paying for that privilege to own one? Impossible to say. But anybody who has been tracking GNR litho prices on Ebay and (specifically Kobe prices) since 2017 know that one went unsold for $500, then another sold for $2000 and now one is going to sell for $5000+ assuming we don't get hit by a meteorite in the next couple of days. It'd be foolish to be looking at these as investment pieces (I don't they shouldn't be treated as such, but that's just my opinion) but if you really really want one, it seems like the going rate is higher than we all might have tricked ourselves into believing.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

This is absurd for a modern day GNR poster, what the fuck. I cannot believe someone would spend over $5000 for a screen print! Then again, I guess there are other things like baseball and hockey cards that go for similar (and more). Crazy to me, as said above, if you can get a work signed from Picasso or Dali for less that also blows my mind. 

God damn Magic cards are the ones that really astound me. There's a card I used to have back in the early 90s worth like $300 and I remember my friends and I thinking it impossible that anybody would buy a single Magic card for any more than like $500 tops. A friend linked me to a Youtube video of some guy negotiating at some sort of comicon for the same card and paid $24000 for it. Now THAT is absurd!

• Wow 1

41 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

God damn Magic cards are the ones that really astound me. There's a card I used to have back in the early 90s worth like $300 and I remember my friends and I thinking it impossible that anybody would buy a single Magic card for any more than like $500 tops. A friend linked me to a Youtube video of some guy negotiating at some sort of comicon for the same card and paid $24000 for it. Now THAT is absurd!

Absolutely nuts! Did you sell it?