Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

3 minutes ago, 1987b said:

This is a great thread. Does anyone know if they did lithos for older tours?   Specifically Vegas 01-01-01, NYC 2002 or the Hammerstein shows?  I have a flyer I bought on eBay for the Vegas show that I got in 2001.. no idea if it’s official or not.  I would love an official litho from those since I was in attendance. 

They had some for the Vegas residencies but I think those were the only lithos they did pre-reunion, and the band didn't even sell them, they were given out for free at the ticket booths.

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

They had some for the Vegas residencies but I think those were the only lithos they did pre-reunion, and the band didn't even sell them, they were given out for free at the ticket booths.

Also did them on the 2012 Up Close and Personal tour; included one with each Gold ticket (think that’s what they called it) purchase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

Yep, that Denver one is awesome 

Where are you seeing these? 

2 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Apparently there's behind the scenes issues between an artist and Management over something or other. Columbus, Denver, and Baltmore designs all look great, hopefully they are released.

Is there somewhere where we can see these? 

This whole thing is bonkers. I understand we don’t know the FULL story, but it’s hard to not immediately side with the artist on this. 

Why does GnR need to fuck up the ONE thing that they were doing sorta well with. Let artists sell APs…what’s the big deal?

• Like 1

Stryker my brother used to do artwork for indie labels and I think artists sell APs as a way to make cash because the label don't pay them any money but end up owning the rights to the artwork. Pearl Jam don't pay artists so that's why you see so many artists selling APs of their posters. But I thought Bravado was different they pay each artist for their art submissions which is why they don't usually do APs. Woulda thought getting paid cash to submit artwork would be the preferred way to get paid. Wanting both cash and APs sounds like wanting to have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

yeah, this one ain't it. It's something about the perspective on Axl looking up that just looks, weird. Ah well, Buhler has to miss every once in a while, right?! :P

I don't know if it's my eyes but I couldn't work out what I was looking at in the design. I realised straight off it was related to the movie but I needed someone else to point out it was the woodchipper. I thought it was the scene on the ice but couldn't figure out the detail.

1 hour ago, AxlIsGod. said:

yeah, this one ain't it. It's something about the perspective on Axl looking up that just looks, weird. Ah well, Buhler has to miss every once in a while, right?! :P

I think the perspective is the best thing about it. Its so unique in the angle. The blast of reds all over the icy white (with so many being so dark). It ties so well to the city, if I was from Fargo I would probably love it even more.

This one is a homerun to my eyes. Aint art fucking great that way? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, owenstar said:

I think the perspective is the best thing about it. Its so unique in the angle. The blast of reds all over the icy white (with so many being so dark). It ties so well to the city, if I was from Fargo I would probably love it even more.

This one is a homerun to my eyes. Aint art fucking great that way? 

Unique doesn't mean good :P but again, that is the greatness of art. Hope anyone who wants one can get their hands on it!

3 hours ago, alfierose said:

I don't know if it's my eyes but I couldn't work out what I was looking at in the design. I realised straight off it was related to the movie but I needed someone else to point out it was the woodchipper. I thought it was the scene on the ice but couldn't figure out the detail.

Same here. The perspective throws you off, which can be neat, but imo once you figure out what is going on, it's still not great. Feels to me like different styles jumbled together on a page.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 10:29 PM, Coma16 said:

Apparently there's behind the scenes issues between an artist and Management over something or other. Columbus, Denver, and Baltmore designs all look great, hopefully they are released.

That's me.  Yeah, Global is a horrible company to work with that screws over their artists, in my experience.  GNR is complicit as well.  Their manager gives zero fucks.  It is what it is.  Needless to say, I'm done doing GNR lithos.  If you care to see what the Columbus and Baltimore designs would have been you can see them at www.geoffmay.com.  The GNR stuff on my site was either licensed to them or is still my property.  I also passed on Vegas and Atlantic city after this whole shitshow.

APs with Global was ALWAYS a thing.  They pay absolute GARBAGE up front.  Getting the APs made the job worthwhile and it paid the bills.  I worked for 3 months on nothing but GNR posters and tees.  What did I get for my efforts? About $2500 all in.  When it came time to take delivery of my APs I was told to kick rocks.  GNR's management doesn't care either.  All they care about is that the band is making money.  Fuck the artists.  If I sound bitter and mad, well yeah.  Fuck Global and GNR!

Edited by facefirst
  • GNFNR 2
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 1