Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

14 minutes ago, facefirst said:

That's me.  Yeah, Global is a horrible company to work with that screws over their artists, in my experience.  GNR is complicit as well.  Their manager gives zero fucks.  It is what it is.  Needless to say, I'm done doing GNR lithos.  If you care to see what the Columbus and Baltimore designs would have been you can see them at www.geoffmay.com.  I also passed on Vegas and Atlantic city after this whole shitshow.

APs with Global was ALWAYS a thing.  They pay absolute GARBAGE up front.  Getting the APs made the job worthwhile and it paid the bills.  I worked for 3 months on nothing but GNR posters and tees.  What did I get for my efforts? About $2500 all in.  When it came time to take delivery of my APs I was told to kick rocks.  GNR's management doesn't care either.  All they care about is that the band is making money.  Fuck the artists.  If I sound bitter and mad, well yeah.  Fuck Global and GNR!

Is Denver going to be used next week? Columbus and Baltimore, are they being redone by another artist? Those old school Topps designs are a great theme!

14 minutes ago, facefirst said:

That's me.  Yeah, Global is a horrible company to work with that screws over their artists, in my experience.  GNR is complicit as well.  Their manager gives zero fucks.  It is what it is.  Needless to say, I'm done doing GNR lithos.  If you care to see what the Columbus and Baltimore designs would have been you can see them at www.geoffmay.com.  I also passed on Vegas and Atlantic city after this whole shitshow.

APs with Global was ALWAYS a thing.  They pay absolute GARBAGE up front.  Getting the APs made the job worthwhile and it paid the bills.  I worked for 3 months on nothing but GNR posters and tees.  What did I get for my efforts? About $2500 all in.  When it came time to take delivery of my APs I was told to kick rocks.  GNR's management doesn't care either.  All they care about is that the band is making money.  Fuck the artists.  If I sound bitter and mad, well yeah.  Fuck Global and GNR!

Is Denver going to be used next week? Columbus and Baltimore, are they being redone by another artist? Those old school Topps designs are a great theme!

3 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Shame. Your work is appreciated by the fans though.

Doesn't surprise me that Fernando is yet again acting like an asshole.

This was my first dealing with him.  I'm happy that it's also my last.  Fuck that dude.

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

Denver was already produced so I assume it's still being used.  Columbus and Baltimore will definitely NOT be used.  Hell, Global rescinded payment on those altogether.  Charles Dooher at Global is a grade A asshole.

Like everyone else, I'll probably have to buy my posters for a shitload of money off eBay.  Thanks Global and GNR!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, facefirst said:

This was my first dealing with him.  I'm happy that it's also my last.  Fuck that dude.

Denver was already produced so I assume it's still being used.  Columbus and Baltimore will definitely NOT be used.  Hell, Global rescinded payment on those altogether.  Charles Dooher at Global is a grade A asshole.

Like everyone else, I'll probably have to buy my posters for a shitload of money off eBay.  Thanks Global and GNR!!!

You should ask someone who's attending Denver to get one for you. 

2 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Baltimore looks incredible. Columbus aswell.

Thanks a lot.  I appreciate the kind words.  It's a bummer that they'll never see the light of day.  I'm still very proud of my work even though it's for a band that I now hate.  It's sad, I grew up LOVING them.  I always thought of them as THE antiestablishment band.  Sadly they're just a money machine.  Nothing more.

• Like 3

On 8/12/2021 at 6:14 AM, owenstar said:

I think the perspective is the best thing about it. Its so unique in the angle. The blast of reds all over the icy white (with so many being so dark). It ties so well to the city, if I was from Fargo I would probably love it even more.

This one is a homerun to my eyes. Aint art fucking great that way? 

For sure, to each their own. I just wouldn’t want someone going into a wood chipper on my wall but that’s just me!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

You should ask someone who's attending Denver to get one for you. 

Honestly, I'd rather fans of my work get them.  If I can get one down the road I will but I'm happy that at least someone will get that poster and love it.  If I can make someone happy with my art then that makes me happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I think it's fine that they don't give artist the APs as long as that is what was discussed/negotiated. If they tried to pull a quick one you then that's shameful on them.

Global has always given me APs.  It was part of the agreement with them when I started since their pay for these is so low.  Charles Dooher, their AD for the past few years decided to change that and not tell anyone.  When explained that that's the way it's always been he didn't give a shit.  Had I known there were no APs there's no chance that I would have worked on these at all.  Each poster is DAYS of work.  Hell, the NJ one had 5 different completed, ready to ink drawings done that I trashed because I thought I could do better.  There is a TON of time invested in these posters.  Global and Fernando/GNR act as if I should be lucky to have been bestowed with this project.

Edited by facefirst
  • Like 2

Just now, facefirst said:

Global has always given me APs.  It was part of the agreement with them when I started since their pay for these is so low.  Charles Dooher, their AD for the past few years decided to change that and not tell anyone.  When explained that that's the way it's always been he didn't give a shit.

You should file some sort of complaint at better business bureau. Sounds like he took money out of your pocket.

Just now, Coma16 said:

You should file some sort of complaint at better business bureau. Sounds like he took money out of your pocket.

They (Global and GNR) did.  No doubt.  That said, filing a complaint with the BBB won't solve anything at all.  It's a situation where I have to bend over and take it.  Lesson learned.

10 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Thanks a lot.  I appreciate the kind words.  It's a bummer that they'll never see the light of day.  I'm still very proud of my work even though it's for a band that I now hate.  It's sad, I grew up LOVING them.  I always thought of them as THE antiestablishment band.  Sadly they're just a money machine.  Nothing more.

Your 2016 Toronto and AB's 216 Chicago 1 remain amongst my favourites (and my first two shows of 2016) and have a special spot on my basement wall.  Thank you for your efforts and contributions to the GNR litho community over the years!  You have created very memorable designs and it is very unfortunate that you have had to deal with your recent experiences.

Lithos.jpg.9e95ff534a8c44d2688e30ad4940e731.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Yeah, it is quite disconcerting. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Yeah, this sucks. Artists should be paid and compensated fairly for their work. Screw “exposure” and “you should be happy”. That’s  a bunch of b.s. You know what good managers do? They make sure to take care of their vendors  

I doubt anyone in that crew or the ones up on stage would be out there for $2500 with months of work to put in. They should know better  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, facefirst said:

They (Global and GNR) did.  No doubt.  That said, filing a complaint with the BBB won't solve anything at all.  It's a situation where I have to bend over and take it.  Lesson learned.

What sort of communication have you had with the band/management around the lithos? Did they provide any tips/themes of what they were looking for in each city or was it completely up to you?

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

That is awful, @facefirst. Your designs are great and you should be paid accordingly. Fernando is an amateur and has no business pretending to be manager

I'm curious if Fernando has any say or would want to get involved. This seems, purely my speculation, that it is between the artists and Globo.

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

What sort of communication have you had with the band/management around the lithos? Did they provide any tips/themes of what they were looking for in each city or was it completely up to you?

I'm curious if Fernando has any say or would want to get involved. This seems, purely my speculation, that it is between the artists and Globo.

He reached out to me but really didn't seem to care, then got shitty because I made disparging remarks about the band.  I mean, GNR is complicit.  They let it happen.  Are they at fault in the end?  No.  That said, they knew there wouldn't be APs and were totally ok with that.  Apparently the extra $150 or so per set of 20 APs would be too much money out of their pockets.

4 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

It sounds like the camp is withholding APs, despicable if true

2 minutes ago, facefirst said:

He reached out to me but really didn't seem to care, then got shitty because I made disparging remarks about the band.  I mean, GNR is complicit.  They let it happen.  Are they at fault in the end?  No.  That said, they knew there wouldn't be APs and were totally ok with that.  Apparently the extra $150 or so per set of 20 APs would be too much money out of their pockets.

Again, good managers find ways to take care of their vendors 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Again, good managers find ways to take care of their vendors 

100% correct.  The last AD at Global, Ted Mattes, was AWESOME about that.  He ALWAYS got us APs, usually 50, which is very generous.  They forced him out, though.  Because looking out for the artists doesn't seem to be part of Global's business model.