Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

On 8/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, estrangedtwat said:

That one's OK, but this one is much better:

2017-10-26-Cleveland-unused.jpg

Not only is it way cooler than the Cleveland litho that was actually sold, it would have gone great with new Cleveland Guardians merch coming in 2022.

Yeah, I hate the AD's (Charles Dooher) call on moving this one to Wichita.  It was made solely for Cleveland.  After having to switch I basically had to force it to work.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:32 PM, backinblack said:

You know what is even cooler?

The Strokes poster from one year before that Cleveland show that artist clearly ripped off

https://www.rockcandyposters.com/the-strokes-2016-governors-ball-randall-island-new-york-poster/

strokes2016_grande.jpg

Hardly.  Considering I had the guitar drawn a couple years prior but hadn't found the right use for it.  Adding a map in the background is hardly a new concept either.  Nice try though.

Edited by facefirst

On 8/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, facefirst said:

I normally just put my stuff up on eBay. I might put a store on my site at some point. I’m planning on doing an art print of the Fenway poster. 

Hey I saw that you posted a couple from Fenway and Metlife. Did Globe end up giving you a few? Strange that they're numbered, unless you got them from a fan.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Hey I saw that you posted a couple from Fenway and Metlife. Did Globe end up giving you a few? Strange that they're numbered, unless you got them from a fan.

They gave me 3 for each show (Fenway, Metlife and Denver). I’ll keep one of each. For Denver they aren’t numbered, so those will be numbered x/3. For the other two they must have pulled them from the actual poster run. Those two shows came from a different printer so that’s my guess. Those are x/250. 

14 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115bf53c79f425ac2dc6

Anyone with eyes can see that you practically traced the fucking thing.  It's not JUST the guitar.  It's the placement of the logo, the overall color scheme, even the placement and color and shape of the venue details.  So you trimmed the sides a little bit and you think that makes it an "original" work?

copy.jpg

It's no wonder GNR doesn't want to work with you anymore.  You're clearly a plagiarist.  Buhler does clever homages to other people's work and acknowledges that work.   You trace other people's shit and call it your own.  Anyone with a lightbox or photoshop can do that.

Shit, look what I can do in five minutes with MS paint...

gnr-poster.jpg

I'm a poster artist now!!

Damn that was some truth

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I need to give it a few more spins.  It's definitely a return to their original sound, but with a more mature outlook.

I hope all is well with you, my friend. I finally picked up that Gas Mask shirt...fucking beautiful, though the enjoyment was short lived when I did a bit of digging and seen that the image was stolen from another bands merch. Absolutely disgusting.

NB.png.df1524bc6348d180160ecd628ca0581a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115bf53c79f425ac2dc6

Anyone with eyes can see that you practically traced the fucking thing.  It's not JUST the guitar.  It's the placement of the logo, the overall color scheme, even the placement and color and shape of the venue details.  So you trimmed the sides a little bit and you think that makes it an "original" work?

copy.jpg

It's no wonder GNR doesn't want to work with you anymore.  You're clearly a plagiarist.  Buhler does clever homages to other people's work and acknowledges that work.   You trace other people's shit and call it your own.  Anyone with a lightbox or photoshop can do that.

Shit, look what I can do in five minutes with MS paint...

gnr-poster.jpg

I'm a poster artist now!!

Feel free to show me where it was traced. It’s pretty easy to superimpose two images and adjust transparency so please do that and show me where the tracing is. Other than them both being head on a shots of a Les Paul I’m interested to see where the tracing occurred. 

If you’re going to sling shit then back it up. I’ll wait. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Feel free to show me where it was traced. It’s pretty easy to superimpose two images and adjust transparency so please do that and show me where the tracing is. Other than them both being head on a shots of a Les Paul I’m interested to see where the tracing occurred. 

If you’re going to sling shit then back it up. I’ll wait. 

Oh, I think the shit I slung speaks for itself.

• Like 1

I like all the lithos and do like this La one.  Looks like the font of “Los Angeles” is similar to The Chateau Mar Mont’s font. I’m assuming this is “My Michelle?”

other inspirations?

I like 500. Hoping that will help with getting one!

Just now, TigerBubba said:

I like all the lithos and do like this La one.  Looks like the font of “Los Angeles” is similar to The Chateau Mar Mont’s font. I’m assuming this is “My Michelle?”

other inspirations?

Meant to say thr “Guns n Roses” font, not “Los Angeles”

10 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

other inspirations?

It looks to be based off of the movie China Town.

16 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

other inspirations?

515RWbgdsdL._AC_.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, estrangedtwat said:

Oh, I think the shit I slung speaks for itself.

1 hour ago, facefirst said:

Not really.  You just made an accusation yet you can't back it up.  You get an A for effort, though.  Your conviction is cute.

I'm no fan of anyone getting ripped off by GN'R so I felt bad for you when I first read your story. 

However, you have to admit that @estrangedtwathas a great point.

Coming here to insult the members of the forum isn't really going to help you gain sympathy with the users here. 

• ABSUЯD 3