Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Dear admins of MyGNR. Could you pleae limit user posts when Fernando comes here? I don't want the same shit that happened over some Discord to repeat here again.

It's so easy to identify retards. Just limit their interaction in occasions such as this. Don't let some three or four miserable people give your forum a bad name.

Thank you. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

20 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I am 100% kidding. But we should do something for mygnr and other forums alike.  Would be cool.  

Fernando, just wanted to say whenever y'all decide to bring on the Hard School, we're excited as shit for it. Not asking for info on release, just wanted to say lots of us are fucking pumped and hope for it every show haha. You guys releasing Absurd was an awesome step and I'm excited for the future of Guns. All I wanted to say, this year has been great for GNR 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Vinyls for sure, physical as well.  Vinyls turn around times are super slow at the moment, but it's in the works. Sorry, this whole proper planning thing is new to me. ;) 

I hate to be that guy, but any chance of an audio cassette release of any new studio material in the future? :)

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Your signature is literally "Fuck Team Brazil" :lol:

I would hope Fernando has thick skin, though. I don't think he would be scared off if he decides to post in the first place

Removed; just to show you how serious I am.

Besides I didn't know he's coming. As always he's entering places without prior announcements so...

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Jokes aside, I do feel for you, @facefirst. However, there is no way you didn't agree to do this work without a proper agreement regarding compensation. You absolutely should get paid a fair amount for your work, but this should of course be decided prior to taking the job on. I could be mistaken but I do not even recall a lot of artists selling GNR APs on their site. The only one that comes to mind was Sara Ray in 2016 and she offered 3 variants ranging from $50-$150 depending on the amount printed. There may have been a few others, but is that something you did on the past tour legs? Even if so, why quote secondary market prices? Selling APs for those numbers would be obscene.

I am all for calling Fernando out, and I enjoy a good TB roast, but in this case, I have to say it appears he really didn't do a lot wrong. In fact, he even last emailed you less than 2 weeks ago. This appears to be between you and the merchandise firm, and they are the ones that you probably agreed to do the job with. I know it is tough out there, but as you said, if you weren't happy with the compensation you shouldn't have taken the job. There should have been no reason to expect extra compensation (APs in this case) if it was not spelled out.

I can empathize that is frustrating to see your work go for hundreds of dollars a print, and it is natural that you want to cash in on that... but those prices are because they are GNR lithographs offered at GNR shows. This has been the case since 2016. That is not to say you are bad artist or that your art isn't impressive, it is just the reality with these specific prints.

The Cleveland design is a different topic, though :lol:

Global always provided APs for litho work. It’s not even remotely practical to have to sign contracts and spell stuff out for every job I did with Global. We’d spend more time doing that than actually working. 

I mentioned APs before I started and was assured I’d be taken care of. Charles at Global told me there were no proofs AFTER the work was done.  Hell, he made me take my name off of my work.  I was told GNR wouldn’t allow it, which is lame as hell  

Regarding second market pricing - I NEVER said I was going to sell them for $600.  I even said that the pricing was nuts. I’ve ALWAYS made sure my APs were either the very lowest priced ones between completed and current listings or I put them up as a no reserve auction. I ALWAYS wanted to make sure people got them at a fair price.  For instance, somebody hit me up recently and told me he paid $900 for my 2016 Atlanta litho  I actually still have a few (that’s a long story about how I finally was able to get a few for my own collection) but I’d never sell them at the price.  That kind of money is just fucking fans over  

In the end, fuck Charles Dooher, Global and Fernando. Since making this all known I’ve had many artists (and former Global employees) reach out to me about how underappreciation for artists seems to be their MO. GNR is in bed with Global so it’s guilt by association, in my opinion. 

Edited by facefirst
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Global always provided APs for litho work. It’s not even remotely practical to have to sign contracts and spell stuff out for every job I did with Global. We’d spend more time doing that than actually working. 

I mentioned APs before I started and was assured I’d be taken care of. Charles at Global told me there were no proofs AFTER the work was done.  Hell, he made me take my name off of my work.  I was told GNR wouldn’t allow it, which is lame as hell  

Regarding second market pricing - I NEVER said I was going to sell them for $600.  I even said that the pricing was nuts. I’ve ALWAYS made sure my APs were either the very lowest priced ones between completed and current listings or I put them up as a no reserve auction. I ALWAYS wanted to make sure people got them at a fair price.

In the end, fuck Charles Dooher, Global and Fernando. Since making this all known I’ve had many artists (and former Global employees) reach out to me about how underappreciation for artists seems to be their MO. GNR is in bed with Global so it’s guilt by association, in my opinion. 

sory to hear this man, as a gnr fan really sucks

2 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Regarding second market pricing - I NEVER said I was going to sell them for $600.  I even said that the pricing was nuts. I’ve ALWAYS made sure my APs were either the very lowest priced ones between completed and current listings or I put them up as a no reserve auction. I ALWAYS wanted to make sure people got them at a fair price.

I am not doubting that you weren't compensated a lot, and that sucks. Artists deserve more for their work. But to say you wouldn't get compensation spelled out before starting a job is just asking for it. Even if its a pain in the ass, it only protects you. You are owed what is written. It may not be right, but that is how it works.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Contracts aren’t always necessary in this case. Especially with situations where you’ve already have done work You are right there 

However those lithos at no reserve auctions are still going for premium prices. You have one auction at 290 with a day left. Don’t say you aren’t capitalizing on the demand, because you are 

2 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

sory to hear this man, as a gnr fan really sucks

Thanks. I mean, it’s not like it’s the band doing it. But the merch company they’re in bed with seems to pretty much have zero respect for the artists they work with. Trust me, I could tell some stories about them. 

Fernando seems on board with it too, so it is what it is. Lesson learned. Burned the bridge and moved on. 

44 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Would love a limited run of trading cards with the litho designs from over the years. You could even insert some autos or numbered variants into packs 

This would be a really cool and easy to get piece of merch

Just now, guitarpatch said:

Contracts aren’t always necessary in this case. Especially with situations where you’ve already have done work You are right there 

However those lithos at no reserve auctions are still going for premium prices. You have one auction at 290 with a day left. Don’t say you aren’t capitalizing on the demand, because you are 

Capitalizing??  Dude, I put 3 months of work into GNR lithos and other assets. So far I’ve made around $2500. Yeah, I’m totally rolling in the dough. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, facefirst said:

Thanks. I mean, it’s not like it’s the band doing it. But the merch company they’re in bed with seems to pretty much have zero respect for the artists they work with. Trust me, I could tell some stories about them. 

Fernando seems on board with it too, so it is what it is. Lesson learned. Burned the bridge and moved on. 

i always belive the worker before the companys and you r art is pretty lit, hope you get what you deserve :) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am not doubting that you weren't compensated a lot, and that sucks. Artists deserve more for their work. But to say you wouldn't get compensation spelled out before starting a job is just asking for it. Even if its a pain in the ass, it only protects you. You are owed what is written. It may not be right, but that is how it works.

Again, no merch company is working with an artist who needs a new contract for every piece of merch that he/she designs.  Sure, that sounds like a sound business move but it would be a one way ticket to not working. There were agreements in place that were established when I first started working with Global. There was NEVER any notification that terms had changed until after the fact. Had there been, I would have never done the work. 

Just now, facefirst said:

Again, no merch company is working with an artist who needs a new contract for every piece of merch that he/she designs.  Sure, that sounds like a sound business move but it would be a one way ticket to not working. There were agreements in place that were established when I first started working with Global. There was NEVER any notification that terms had changed until after the fact. Had there been, I would have never done the work. 

Admittedly, I am out of my league on the subject. All I know is you have some cool designs, and I hope you get properly compensated fairly for your original work with future projects

• Like 2