Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

4 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Capitalizing??  Dude, I put 3 months of work into GNR lithos and other assets. So far I’ve made around $2500. Yeah, I’m totally rolling in the dough. 

You said “ALWAYS wanted to make sure people got them at a fair price.”

I get that you’re trying to subsidize your work. However you aren’t doing the community or fans any favors here by capitalizing on the demand 

Just now, guitarpatch said:

You said “ALWAYS wanted to make sure people got them at a fair price.”

I get that you’re trying to subsidize your work. However you aren’t doing the community or fans any favors here by capitalizing on the demand 

Should I just give them away (which I actually do at times) or should I let you set my pricing?  I can’t help that someone wants the art. I mean, that’s how the economy works. When there’s a demand there needs to be a supply for said demand. If there was no demand the pieces would have little to no worth. 

so I apologize for trying to pay my bills. I hope you make sure to not capitalize at whatever you do for a living. 

• Like 2

Just now, facefirst said:

Should I just give them away (which I actually do at times) or should I let you set my pricing?  I can’t help that someone wants the art. I mean, that’s how the economy works. When there’s a demand there needs to be a supply for said demand. If there was no demand the pieces would have little to no worth. 

so I apologize for trying to pay my bills. I hope you make sure to not capitalize at whatever you do for a living. 

I don't think anyone is implying you should not be able to make a living. Were the GNR posters the only work you had those three months?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Vinyls for sure, physical as well.  Vinyls turn around times are super slow at the moment, but it's in the works. Sorry, this whole proper planning thing is new to me. ;) 

Excited for the vinyls!
🤘🤘🤘

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Thanks for the reply and yeah, the pressing plants are way backed up right now. For once, we can't put that on you 😂 

Very glad to hear vinyl is on the way though! 

I'm there for any pre-orders and won't mind waiting for the release. 😊

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I don't think anyone is implying you should not be able to make a living. Were the GNR posters the only work you had those three months?

Of course not. But that’s kind of beside the point. As if I have other work then I should work for cheap?  This is my livelihood. Believe me, it’s not glamorous and it’s not lucrative. It’s just a job. 

• Like 1

Of course not. But that’s kind of beside the point. As if I have other work then I should work for cheap?  This is my livelihood. Believe me, it’s not glamorous and it’s not lucrative. It’s just a job. 

I was not implying anything, I was just curious. Was hoping you would make more than $2500 in that time frame, is all.

1 minute ago, facefirst said:

Never said you didn’t have the right to do that. Just don’t make it seem you’re doing the  community any favors either  

It’s not fair for the fanbase to subsidize your income. You should be paid more  

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I was not implying anything, I was just curious. Was hoping you would make more than $2500 in that time frame, is all.

Definitely not on that project. I put in a ton of hours on it. I scrapped multiple, almost finished designs because I was sure I could do better and really wanted to only put out top notch work for GNR. At the end of the day it was a huge time suck and I regret ever doing any work for them. Like I said before, lesson learned. 

• Like 2

Fernando, thanks for stopping by.

Is the plan to release a few more singles before an album?

And please, if you do this I will wear a T Shirt emblazoned with ‘Fernando is a bad ass MOFO’ to the show in London next year, but could you confirm that The General and Soulmonster is on the new record?

Definitely not on that project. I put in a ton of hours on it. I scrapped multiple, almost finished designs because I was sure I could do better and really wanted to only put out top notch work for GNR. At the end of the day it was a huge time suck and I regret ever doing any work for them. Like I said before, lesson learned. 

We are all sorry to hear that, but you have been working for them since 2016 so what was the big change? It appears there weren't APs for those years, right? Did you just get paid more then?

9 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Never said you didn’t have the right to do that. Just don’t make it seem you’re doing the  community any favors either  

It’s not fair for the fanbase to subsidize your income. You should be paid more  

Where did I say I was doing the community favors?  All I said is I work to try to make sure my pieces are the lowest.  I do this because I am/was a fan of the band and if I wanted a poster for a show I went to I wouldn’t want to pay 20x the original price. I’ve always made a point not to price gouge people.  Never said that I’m not trying to make money. Again, this is my job. I’m not some dude trying to flip posters for maximum money. 

Edited by facefirst

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

We are all sorry to hear that, but you have been working for them since 2016 so what was the big change? It appears there weren't APs for those years, right? Did you just get paid more then?

2016 was when I first did their lithos. First time I actually did any lithos. This is when they were with Bravado. I had no clue about APs at the time. I just assumed that was the gig. After the 2016 ones I did I refused to do more because it wasn’t worth the time involved. Shit, I had to go to NYC to actually get ONE copy of the posters I did because Charles Dooher couldn’t be bothered to send me one. This was like a year after the shows.

Once I started doing more for other clients (including Global) I realized APs were a thing and then it made the work worth the pay. 

Edited by facefirst

Well that was unexpected. I figured people would kiss his ass which is better than the usual bashing since none of us know him or Beta in real life really. 

If vinyl is being pressed I'd imagine that bodes well for an album since as others have mentioned,plants are backed up for months. Can't imagine they'd just press an Absurd single that would only appeal to the hardest of hardcore fans. 

Anyway @Fernandohow about giving us a scoop? Forget Rolling Stone this is the largest online Gn'R fanbase. 

6 minutes ago, facefirst said:

2016 was when I first did their lithos. First time I actually did any lithos. This is when they were with Bravado. I had no clue about APs at the time. I just assumed that was the gig. After the 2016 ones I did I refused to do more because it wasn’t worth the time involved. Shit, I had to go to NYC to actually get ONE copy of the posters I did because Charles Dooher couldn’t be bothered to send me one. This was like a year after the shows.

Once I started doing more for other clients (including Global) I realized APs were a thing and then it made the work worth the pay. 

As you said, live and learn.

Sounds like other gigs will work better in the future for you

1 minute ago, facefirst said:

At the end of the day it was a huge time suck and I regret ever doing any work for them. Like I said before, lesson learned. 

Did you get anything beyond a pat on the back for your art used in the pinball machine?

(You also don’t get an art credit or digital asset credit, which seems kind of lousy, so I’m guessing in this case once you’ve given them the commissioned art they “own” it to use as they see fit?)

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Well that was unexpected. I figured people would kiss his ass which is better than the usual bashing since none of us know him or Beta in real life really. 

If vinyl is being pressed I'd imagine that bodes well for an album since as others have mentioned,plants are backed up for months. Can't imagine they'd just press an Absurd single that would only appeal to the hardest of hardcore fans. 

Anyway @Fernandohow about giving us a scoop? Forget Rolling Stone this is the largest online Gn'R fanbase. 

I wouldn’t completely rule out it being just an Absurd 7” or Absurd/Hard Skool 7”.

7 minutes ago, facefirst said:

So GNR never gave you APs before this leg of the tour either?

1 minute ago, Blackjacker said:

Did you get anything beyond a pat on the back for your art used in the pinball machine?

(You also don’t get an art credit or digital asset credit, which seems kind of lousy, so I’m guessing in this case once you’ve given them the commissioned art they “own” it to use as they see fit?)

I can use the art for art prints if I choose but the GNR name and logos would need to be removed. 

As far as art credit - never from them. Not once.