Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Ha, I am only here for lithographs and vinyl(s).

Hey Fernando would you consider going on the Appetite for Distortion Podcast with Brando. He honestly respects his guest and would be willing to chat about anything. You set the parameters and he will respect them. Anything, doesn’t even need to be gnr related. Could be about your life whatever

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Bigger artists get priority at the pressing plants. 

Correct. And since my reading of  Fernando’s post was that they cannot  realease anything on vinyl right now because pressing plants are flooded, I assumed that they don’t have a major release in the pipeline but something like a limited 7“ of Absurd which very few people are interested in and which won’t means big money for pressing plants. Otherwise GNR won’t have to wait. 

47 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Correct. And since my reading of  Fernando’s post was that they cannot  realease anything on vinyl right now because pressing plants are flooded, I assumed that they don’t have a major release in the pipeline but something like a limited 7“ of Absurd which very few people are interested in and which won’t means big money for pressing plants. Otherwise GNR won’t have to wait. 

If GN'R wants to press anything on vinyl, they won't have to wait in a long line. Whether it's a 7" or full album. The vinyl may be released a month or two after the digital release but it absolutely will not be years, no matter which format or content is on it. 

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If GN'R wants to press anything on vinyl, they won't have to wait in a long line. Whether it's a 7" or full album. The vinyl may be released a month or two after the digital release but it absolutely will not be years, no matter which format or content is on it. 

He had to be talking about an album. Is it even cost effective in 2021 to send 7” singles to market, especially if an album is coming? I’m legitimately asking as I’m not sure how most do it, especially post pandemic.

If he WAS talking about an album, he just lowkey let us all know that they’re in in depth planning phases, which is just awesome.

What a ride the last chunk of this thread has been. :lol:

Like @RussTCB said earlier... not the thread I would have pegged for this much discussion! But then I never would have guessed we'd have a main page thread on Silkworms exceed 100 pages. Strange times! But the most fun this forum has been in a very long time.

See Fernando? We're not too hard too please. Just, uh, a little more music and a little less laundry bags.

You also have my word that the day Absurd or a new album launches on vinyl I will add a toy truck to my order.

• ABSUЯD 2

Just now, sofine11 said:

He had to be talking about an album. Is it even cost effective in 2021 to send 7” singles to market, especially if an album is coming? I’m legitimately asking as I’m not sure how most do it, especially post pandemic.

If he WAS talking about an album, he just lowkey let us all know that they’re in in depth planning phases, which is just awesome.

That's what I was saying earlier today. The thread kind of exploded (understandably) so the overall message got lost. 

I honestly don't know the economics of releasing just a 7" single against releasing a full album. However, I'm with you, I think he was more or less telling us a full album is on the way. 

Whether it's a full album of new material or just a hits package with one or two new songs.....who's to say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's what I was saying earlier today. The thread kind of exploded (understandably) so the overall message got lost. 

I honestly don't know the economics of releasing just a 7" single against releasing a full album. However, I'm with you, I think he was more or less telling us a full album is on the way. 

Whether it's a full album of new material or just a hits package with one or two new songs.....who's to say. 

Slash kept calling it “the next Guns record” back when he was allowed to talk about it circa 2019. Unless plans have changed since then, it’s likely still an album. 

But you’re right, at the end of the day  ANY release featuring new music from Axl, Slash and Duff is its own kind of miracle.

• ABSUЯD 1

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Has to be something more than a hits package seeing as Greatest Hits got a vinyl release only last year. It’s gotta be an album….I’m sure of it now…🤣🥳

I think @Fernando said he would try and get back on here after his meeting (no laughing at the back….) so hopefully we get a bit more info. And to have some kind of interaction as suggested on one of the posts would be great moving forward….a Q&A on @BlueJean BabyDiscord channel like she offered would be great.

Positive times! :headbang:

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Probably just as a limited item, like a record store day release. But I think if they were doing that then they would've hyped it up a bit more, not just done a surprise drop.

Oh and remember, Beta also more or less confirmed than an album was coming.

Edited by MaskingApathy

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

I am 100% kidding. But we should do something for mygnr and other forums alike.  Would be cool.  

In all seriousness, I would love a nice GnR polo shirt. I might get slammed here for admitting that, but a large portion of the most fervent and long-serving Axl & Guns N’ Roses fans like me are in my age demographic 40 - 50 years and would appreciate something different? What do you think. 

In terms of Lithos, feel free to hit me up on my PM’s to do your Australian ones in a couple of months time. I can bust out my crayons and do maybe a shark eating Chris Pitman in the waves of Bondi Beach for Sydney?  I’ve got ideas Baby! I’ll only charge a backstage pass and a few beers. No complicated contracts. 

Cheers, Scott

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Probably just as a limited item, like a record store day release. But I think if they were doing that then they would've hyped it up a bit more, not just done a surprise drop.

Oh and remember, Beta also more or less confirmed than an album was coming.

If they're doing a Record Store Day release, they've got time. The next RSD event will be for Black Friday and the list of items won't be announced for that until late September / early October. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

If they're doing a Record Store Day release, they've got time. The next RSD event will be for Black Friday and the list of items won't be announced for that until late September / early October. 

I said this earlier in another thread but Black Friday would be a great release date for a new album.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Also, I forgot to add in my post above, it's unprofessional to talk shit about the band even if you're unhappy about a business dealing. It's one thing for Geoff to air his grievances over perceived mistreatment, but I saw he talked a bunch of shit on Instagram about Duff's and Slash's greed, or Axl's voice, etc. But he never even dealt with them directly. That's not a good look for future employment. 

I went to look but he's made his IG private now. Do you remember what he said?

I agree, I think they could've resolved this in a way that satisfied both parties but he kind of shot himself in the foot there.