Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Fernando could say without really saying. Like this post with a heart symbol if an album is imminent (as in this year). Respond with a smilie if Hard Skool is coming in the next few weeks. Dolphin if fuck all is on the table.

• GNFNR 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Yeah right, remember how he promised to kick nitl selects off with Troubadour gig and how they had "3 fuckin' hampers full of shit" full of shit preparing to drip feed them to the fans?
Or how he was working with their social media guy and youtube in order to bring back gnr videos to youtube. Let me guess... soon is the word?
Did anything other he ever promised / anounced came to fruition? 
Though i gotta give him credit for the Children’s Book, that was seriously a badass move. 

Damn son

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Might not be big news to everyone else, but the thing he said to me about vinyl says a lot. 

If they're looking at vinyl, that means plans must be in place to press an album. 

Pressing plants are WAY backed up currently. Some LPs are releasing two months after the digital release at this point. 

This was also my initial thought. But fact is that everyone in the music business as well as every collector of vinyl knows that pressing plants are collapsing for at least 1,5 years now. Even my girlfriend knows and she is zero interested in physical media 😄 Its just no secret and just because Fernando also is aware of this fact does not mean GNR is planing a (major) release right now. Maybe there will be a limited run of Absurd 7“. But I don’t expect anything bigger. Because most pressing plants simply serve those companies/bands first who pay the most. Hence, if GNR have to wait and stand in line likea small artist, for me this a clear sign that any planned release to be pressed on vinyl will just be a „gimmick“ but nothing bigger. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

This was also my initial thought. But fact is that everyone in the music business as well as every collector of vinyl knows that pressing plants are collapsing for at least 1,5 years now. Even my girlfriend knows and she is zero interested in physical media 😄 Its just no secret and just because Fernando also is aware of this fact does not mean GNR is planing a (major) release right now. Maybe there will be a limited run of Absurd 7“. But I don’t expect anything bigger. Because most pressing plants simply serve those companies/bands first who pay the most. Hence, if GNR have to wait and stand in line likea small artist, for me this a clear sign that any planned release to be pressed on vinyl will just be a „gimmick“ but nothing bigger. 

Bigger artists get priority at the pressing plants. 

• Like 1

@Fernando I am flying over from Scotland to see the first Atlantic City show. I've been reading that there are hardly any lithos at the venue and it can be hard to get any. Any chance I can get a hookup on one when I'm at the show?

Also, excited for the vinyl releases of new music you talked about!

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Ha, I am only here for lithographs and vinyl(s).

Hey Fernando would you consider going on the Appetite for Distortion Podcast with Brando. He honestly respects his guest and would be willing to chat about anything. You set the parameters and he will respect them. Anything, doesn’t even need to be gnr related. Could be about your life whatever

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Bigger artists get priority at the pressing plants. 

Correct. And since my reading of  Fernando’s post was that they cannot  realease anything on vinyl right now because pressing plants are flooded, I assumed that they don’t have a major release in the pipeline but something like a limited 7“ of Absurd which very few people are interested in and which won’t means big money for pressing plants. Otherwise GNR won’t have to wait. 

47 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Correct. And since my reading of  Fernando’s post was that they cannot  realease anything on vinyl right now because pressing plants are flooded, I assumed that they don’t have a major release in the pipeline but something like a limited 7“ of Absurd which very few people are interested in and which won’t means big money for pressing plants. Otherwise GNR won’t have to wait. 

If GN'R wants to press anything on vinyl, they won't have to wait in a long line. Whether it's a 7" or full album. The vinyl may be released a month or two after the digital release but it absolutely will not be years, no matter which format or content is on it. 

30 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If GN'R wants to press anything on vinyl, they won't have to wait in a long line. Whether it's a 7" or full album. The vinyl may be released a month or two after the digital release but it absolutely will not be years, no matter which format or content is on it. 

He had to be talking about an album. Is it even cost effective in 2021 to send 7” singles to market, especially if an album is coming? I’m legitimately asking as I’m not sure how most do it, especially post pandemic.

If he WAS talking about an album, he just lowkey let us all know that they’re in in depth planning phases, which is just awesome.

What a ride the last chunk of this thread has been. :lol:

Like @RussTCB said earlier... not the thread I would have pegged for this much discussion! But then I never would have guessed we'd have a main page thread on Silkworms exceed 100 pages. Strange times! But the most fun this forum has been in a very long time.

See Fernando? We're not too hard too please. Just, uh, a little more music and a little less laundry bags.

You also have my word that the day Absurd or a new album launches on vinyl I will add a toy truck to my order.

• ABSUЯD 2

Just now, sofine11 said:

He had to be talking about an album. Is it even cost effective in 2021 to send 7” singles to market, especially if an album is coming? I’m legitimately asking as I’m not sure how most do it, especially post pandemic.

If he WAS talking about an album, he just lowkey let us all know that they’re in in depth planning phases, which is just awesome.

That's what I was saying earlier today. The thread kind of exploded (understandably) so the overall message got lost. 

I honestly don't know the economics of releasing just a 7" single against releasing a full album. However, I'm with you, I think he was more or less telling us a full album is on the way. 

Whether it's a full album of new material or just a hits package with one or two new songs.....who's to say. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's what I was saying earlier today. The thread kind of exploded (understandably) so the overall message got lost. 

I honestly don't know the economics of releasing just a 7" single against releasing a full album. However, I'm with you, I think he was more or less telling us a full album is on the way. 

Whether it's a full album of new material or just a hits package with one or two new songs.....who's to say. 

Slash kept calling it “the next Guns record” back when he was allowed to talk about it circa 2019. Unless plans have changed since then, it’s likely still an album. 

But you’re right, at the end of the day  ANY release featuring new music from Axl, Slash and Duff is its own kind of miracle.

• ABSUЯD 1