Jump to content

Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's what I was saying earlier today. The thread kind of exploded (understandably) so the overall message got lost. 

I honestly don't know the economics of releasing just a 7" single against releasing a full album. However, I'm with you, I think he was more or less telling us a full album is on the way. 

Whether it's a full album of new material or just a hits package with one or two new songs.....who's to say. 

Has to be something more than a hits package seeing as Greatest Hits got a vinyl release only last year. It’s gotta be an album….I’m sure of it now…🤣🥳

I think @Fernando said he would try and get back on here after his meeting (no laughing at the back….) so hopefully we get a bit more info. And to have some kind of interaction as suggested on one of the posts would be great moving forward….a Q&A on @BlueJean BabyDiscord channel like she offered would be great.

Positive times! :headbang:

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

He had to be talking about an album. Is it even cost effective in 2021 to send 7” singles to market, especially if an album is coming? I’m legitimately asking as I’m not sure how most do it, especially post pandemic.

If he WAS talking about an album, he just lowkey let us all know that they’re in in depth planning phases, which is just awesome.

 

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's what I was saying earlier today. The thread kind of exploded (understandably) so the overall message got lost. 

I honestly don't know the economics of releasing just a 7" single against releasing a full album. However, I'm with you, I think he was more or less telling us a full album is on the way. 

Whether it's a full album of new material or just a hits package with one or two new songs.....who's to say. 

Probably just as a limited item, like a record store day release. But I think if they were doing that then they would've hyped it up a bit more, not just done a surprise drop.

Oh and remember, Beta also more or less confirmed than an album was coming.

Edited by MaskingApathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

I am 100% kidding. But we should do something for mygnr and other forums alike.  Would be cool.  

In all seriousness, I would love a nice GnR polo shirt. I might get slammed here for admitting that, but a large portion of the most fervent and long-serving Axl & Guns N’ Roses fans like me are in my age demographic 40 - 50 years and would appreciate something different? What do you think. 
 

In terms of Lithos, feel free to hit me up on my PM’s to do your Australian ones in a couple of months time. I can bust out my crayons and do maybe a shark eating Chris Pitman in the waves of Bondi Beach for Sydney?  I’ve got ideas Baby! I’ll only charge a backstage pass and a few beers. No complicated contracts. 
 

Cheers, Scott

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Well that was unexpected. I figured people would kiss his ass which is better than the usual bashing since none of us know him or Beta in real life really.

And totally cringe to watch. Like where the hell am I? :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

 

Probably just as a limited item, like a record store day release. But I think if they were doing that then they would've hyped it up a bit more, not just done a surprise drop.

Oh and remember, Beta also more or less confirmed than an album was coming.

If they're doing a Record Store Day release, they've got time. The next RSD event will be for Black Friday and the list of items won't be announced for that until late September / early October. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RussTCB said:

If they're doing a Record Store Day release, they've got time. The next RSD event will be for Black Friday and the list of items won't be announced for that until late September / early October. 

I said this earlier in another thread but Black Friday would be a great release date for a new album.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Also, I forgot to add in my post above, it's unprofessional to talk shit about the band even if you're unhappy about a business dealing. It's one thing for Geoff to air his grievances over perceived mistreatment, but I saw he talked a bunch of shit on Instagram about Duff's and Slash's greed, or Axl's voice, etc. But he never even dealt with them directly. That's not a good look for future employment. 

I went to look but he's made his IG private now. Do you remember what he said?

I agree, I think they could've resolved this in a way that satisfied both parties but he kind of shot himself in the foot there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

I went to look but he's made his IG private now. Do you remember what he said?

I agree, I think they could've resolved this in a way that satisfied both parties but he kind of shot himself in the foot there.

I can't recall specifically, and I don't want to misquote. But the essence of it was that GNR used to be anti-establishment but now they are part of the corporate greed. The stuff about Axl was talking shit about his vocal performances.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Here's my Hail Mary wish / guess:

-Digital release of full album soon (like by the end of September)

-Vinyl edition of full album to be released a month or two after, with details in album announcement

-BF RSD release announced later consisting of a 7" that's Absurd b/w Hard School 

 

Again.....wishes / guesses, but that would be ideal. 

Love all of that!!! But truthfully I am really looking forward to anything that comes out and I am talking about in any format. I am also loving this communication @Fernando!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I went to look but he's made his IG private now. Do you remember what he said?

I agree, I think they could've resolved this in a way that satisfied both parties but he kind of shot himself in the foot there.

 

23 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I can't recall specifically, and I don't want to misquote. But the essence of it was that GNR used to be anti-establishment but now they are part of the corporate greed. The stuff about Axl was talking shit about his vocal performances.

 

On his Instagram, Geoff May said:


 
Gunsnroses @slash @duffmckagan you guys let flebeis, @dooh3r  and globalmerchservices represent your band?? You guys used to be all about expression, ruffling feathers.  All about expressing yourselves.
Now you’re all about an asshole manager and a horrible merch company. I can’t believe that growing up I aspired to be like you. You’re all corporate shills dressed up in leather. @official_axlrose hopefully you take some vocal lessons with the money you and globalmerchservices fucked artists out of. I guess you should never meet your heroes.

 

 
I have saved a screenshot of his post before he went private if anyone wants to see it.  And he wrote that after Fernando explained why he would not allow APs and wants fans to get lithos at $50 price the band set (which you all read in the entire email from Fernando to Geoff, which I shared yesterday).  He did not like the answer so he went to insult everyone including the band members.  A very immature way to act, in my opinion.

Edited by MarHin22
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could see the vinyl release floated out there being some special live, or Absurd, or something similar for Record Store Day. RSD Black Friday will be here before you know it. Those releases don’t make a ton of money, but they generate lots of interest by the fans (both GnR and Vinyl).

so my guess is a 10,000-16,000 limited release for RSD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I see the lithograph drama is ongoing.

Geoff, the math from your emails adds up to gouging.

"In the past Global has always given me anywhere between 20-50 proofs for me to sell on my own."  

And

"So I was looking to clear anywhere from $30k-60k on proofs (the Boston one is going for $500-600 already, which is nuts!)"

50 proofs multiplied by $600 is $30k. Even if you were given 20 proofs per event poster, which at the time was, what, five cities? That's 100 posters, which would be selling them for $300 each to get to $30k.

You're the artist. You can sell your work for whatever the market will bear. GNR certainly have no issues selling shirts for $50 a pop. But like Fernando said, there is always two sides to the story. Actually, there is usually three sides to a story.

But he’s putting up “no reserve” auctions for the highest bidder…which just so happens to be going for 300 a pop 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@FernandoHi Fernando, how are you?

1 - Could you say if there is going to be any live release regarding the NITL Tour, please? Any live album and DVD or Blu-Ray? Houston 2016 would be an excellent choice.

2 - Are there going to be any new shows in the Box of the Use Your Illusion albums? One or two shows from each year of the Use Your Illusion Tour would be the ideal thing to do, a very good release. I mean, 1 or 2 from 1991, 1 or 2 from 1992 and 1 or 2 from 1993. These shows in live album and DVD or Blu-Ray formats.

Edited by diegodasilva23
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I see the lithograph drama is ongoing.

Geoff, the math from your emails adds up to gouging.

"In the past Global has always given me anywhere between 20-50 proofs for me to sell on my own."  

And

"So I was looking to clear anywhere from $30k-60k on proofs (the Boston one is going for $500-600 already, which is nuts!)"

50 proofs multiplied by $600 is $30k. Even if you were given 20 proofs per event poster, which at the time was, what, five cities? That's 100 posters, which would be selling them for $300 each to get to $30k.

You're the artist. You can sell your work for whatever the market will bear. GNR certainly have no issues selling shirts for $50 a pop. But like Fernando said, there is always two sides to the story. Actually, there is usually three sides to a story.

You’re not privy to all the details and other stuff that was in the works. But sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, MarHin22 said:

 

 

On his Instagram, Geoff May said:


 
Gunsnroses @slash @duffmckagan you guys let flebeis, @dooh3r  and globalmerchservices represent your band?? You guys used to be all about expression, ruffling feathers.  All about expressing yourselves.
Now you’re all about an asshole manager and a horrible merch company. I can’t believe that growing up I aspired to be like you. You’re all corporate shills dressed up in leather. @official_axlrose hopefully you take some vocal lessons with the money you and globalmerchservices fucked artists out of. I guess you should never meet your heroes.

 

 
I have saved a screenshot of his post before he went private if anyone wants to see it.  And he wrote that after Fernando explained why he would not allow APs and wants fans to get lithos at $50 price the band set (which you all read in the entire email from Fernando to Geoff, which I shared yesterday).  He did not like the answer so he went to insult everyone including the band members.  A very immature way to act, in my opinion.

Lol wow, imagine doing that to an employer, of course there aren’t the ruffians they used to be. They’ve been big business for a while. They’re millionaires approaching their 60s, it’d be sad for them not to be.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Man, I cannot wait to see what the track list looks like for the album. Talk about surreal when that comes out.

Dammit @Fernando tell us it’s happening. 😫 

Then we'll see if Pele was right or not. If not I'm going to point and laugh :lol:

50 minutes ago, Ixtlan said:

Fernando was only drawn out by melodramatic bullshit, but not a desire to share information or be transparent in any manner. His ego was triggered. 

Yeah I think you might be right.

50 minutes ago, MarHin22 said:

 

 

On his Instagram, Geoff May said:


 
Gunsnroses @slash @duffmckagan you guys let flebeis, @dooh3r  and globalmerchservices represent your band?? You guys used to be all about expression, ruffling feathers.  All about expressing yourselves.
Now you’re all about an asshole manager and a horrible merch company. I can’t believe that growing up I aspired to be like you. You’re all corporate shills dressed up in leather. @official_axlrose hopefully you take some vocal lessons with the money you and globalmerchservices fucked artists out of. I guess you should never meet your heroes.

 

 
I have saved a screenshot of his post before he went private if anyone wants to see it.  And he wrote that after Fernando explained why he would not allow APs and wants fans to get lithos at $50 price the band set (which you all read in the entire email from Fernando to Geoff, which I shared yesterday).  He did not like the answer so he went to insult everyone including the band members.  A very immature way to act, in my opinion.

Thank you for sharing. Yes I agree, any chance he had for it to be resolved amicably went away once he started saying all that. 

Unrelated, but are you going to be around here more now? Because I don't think you posted much here in the past.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...