Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

9 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Well, dude, obviously. I only know the information you yourself have provided, then Margott dropping the email exchange that elaborated on your dealings with Fernando. But you trashed Fernando and the band members without cause, even if Global is the one who backed out on a previous verbal agreement.

But the emails, bro ... it certainly looks like you were gonna charge those same aftermarket prices to make upwards of $60k despite you telling us you want the fans to enjoy your artwork at a reasonable cost. And again, there is nothing wrong with you selling your artwork that you slaved over for whatever price you deem. But don't come here trying to garner sympathy by lying about how you want us all to have APs and not be robbed. You're accusing Duff, Axl, and Slash of "selling out" but then you're turning around and trying to make money too. 

I don’t want sympathy at all. Again, I give zero shits what people think. I just wanted it out there for other artists to be aware of. It’s interesting that after I brought this stuff to light that I was hit up by a bunch of artists and a couple ex-employees of Global basically solidifying the things I’ve said. 

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Of course my thoughts and opinions mean nothing to you, as you took someone else’s design as your own

How much were you paid for that one, bud?

Far from your bud. You’re also clueless. But please, go on.  You’re an armchair designer on a fan forum. You’re clown shoes. 

Edited by facefirst

Just now, facefirst said:

I don’t want sympathy at all. Again, I give zero shits what people think. 

That is simply not true, you posted here because you wanted sympathy and cared about what we think since you presented certain info to mold our opinions

Sorry it was a bad deal for you. I’ve repeatedly said I think you are talented and I enjoy your work (even the plagiarized poster), but you definitely have not been the guardian angel you have been painting yourself as

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

That is simply not true, you posted here because you wanted sympathy and cared about what we think since you presented certain info to mold our opinions

Sorry it was a bad deal for you. I’ve repeatedly said I think you are talented and I enjoy your work (even the plagiarized poster), but you definitely have not been the guardian angel you have been painting yourself as

Not a guardian angel. Just showing what a shit company Global is and how Fernando is totally cool with that because I (gasp!!) said Axl needs vocal lessons. Prove me wrong on that assertion. 

9 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Apparently you’re colorblind and have no clue of what you’re looking at. Similar concept? Sure. So what?  You think you got one over on me or that I’m going to apologize. Fuck that noise. Again, your thoughts on my work mean zero to me. 

See, misinformed. I did the canning. But yeah, you know all the intricacies of merch design and the music industry. Please tell me more white hot insider info. 

cb.jpg

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Again, not plagiarized. I could show you tons of art that has similar concepts and even similar execution yet were created totally separate of each other. I love that you understand all thing art related. You should stick to being a GNR fanboi. The art critic role doesn’t look good on you. 

1 minute ago, Kylewhodat said:

cb.jpg

Which makes it even funnier that he thinks those are the same colors. Of course there’s different types of colorblind, so there’s that. 

Just now, Draguns said:

Can someone explain to me what is going on with the litho drama? I see two people arguing and unsure what is going on. 

I stole everybody’s designs and then am getting thousands for APs. 

Not a guardian angel. Just showing what a shit company Global is and how Fernando is totally cool with that because I (gasp!!) said Axl needs vocal lessons. Prove me wrong on that assertion. 

Wow what a badass, those rock stars who don’t even know you exist totally read your respectful tweet and got constructive criticism. Very professional.

“bUt ThEy WeRe BaDaSs AnTi EsTaBlIShMeNt RoCk StArZ!”

They have been millionaires for 30 years who are now operating an entity worth hundreds of millions. Sorry, bud, you just come across as a whiny, disrespectful, unprofessional jerk

Maybe you were underpaid. Most of us are or have been. You agreed to the job, it didn’t pan off. Instead of shitting on loyal fans of the band maybe you could just fuck off and trace someone else’s art for your next project 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Fernando cared enough to reach out, right? But at some point (by that point?) you already showed how unprofessional you were with petty insults on band members. At that point, I don't blame Fernando if he thought, "fuck this guy." I wouldn't want to work with someone like that either.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wow what a badass, those rock stars who don’t even know you exist totally read your respectful tweet and got constructive criticism. Very professional.

“bUt ThEy WeRe BaDaSs AnTi EsTaBlIShMeNt RoCk StArZ!”

They have been millionaires for 30 years who are now operating an entity worth hundreds of millions. Sorry, bud, you just come across as a whiny, disrespectful, unprofessional jerk

Maybe you were underpaid. Most of us are or have been. You agreed to the job, it didn’t pan off. Instead of shitting on loyal fans of the band maybe you could just fuck off and trace someone else’s art for your next project 

Again, your thoughts mean zero to me. 

5 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Fernando cared enough to reach out, right? But at some point (by that point?) you already showed how unprofessional you were with petty insults on band members. At that point, I don't blame Fernando if he thought, "fuck this guy." I wouldn't want to work with someone like that either.

I’m fine with that. Fuck him. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Yeah I'm starting to think that's what happened too.

1 minute ago, facefirst said:

Then why are you still here?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

@facefirstyou've made the following things clear:

You're mad at Global

You're mad at GN'R

You don't give a shit what GN'R fans think 

So why are you still here? I have no horse in this race, it's just an honest question. 

Just putting it all out there. After that I don’t really care. At least it’s out there. 

Regarding not caring - yes, Global and GNR can piss off. 

fans - I’m glad they like my work. Other than that I don’t care about what they think they know about what agreements were in place. When you see someone totally not in the know telling you stuff about your business like it’s fact then they can fuck. At that point their opinion means absolutely nothing.  

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Are you guys really still arguing over this?

copy.jpg

Yea there's clearly some similarities but they're hardly 'the same'. I never thought that GNR litho was all that original, there's been plenty of bands/artists who've used broken instruments in their artwork over the years, but it's still a cool litho. :shrugs:

It’s a very cool litho. I just doubt the similarities were out of thin air. Same colors, similar backgrounds, stylized strings, stickers, came out at a similar time, etc

its not the worst crime, artists “borrow” all the time, it’s just combined with everything else

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

It’s a very cool litho. I just doubt the similarities were out of thin air. Same colors, similar backgrounds, stylized strings, stickers, came out at a similar time, etc

its not the worst crime, artists “borrow” all the time, it’s just combined with everything else

Do an eye dropper color grab in Photoshop and post the results. Let’s see how exactly the same these colors are. 

2 minutes ago, facefirst said:

Just putting it all out there. After that I don’t really care. At least it’s out there. 

Regarding not caring - yes, Global and GNR can piss off. 

fans - I’m glad they like my work. Other than that I don’t care about what they think they know about what agreements were in place. When you see someone totally not in the know telling you stuff about your business like it’s fact then they can fuck. At that point their opinion means absolutely nothing.  

You made it everyone’s business by coming on here and crying about it though

You are just mad because people realize you are an asshole

Do an eye dropper color grab in Photoshop and post the results. Let’s see how exactly the same these colors are. 

Oh shit, you don’t know the color orange?!

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

You made it everyone’s business by coming on here and crying about it though

You are just mad because people realize you are an asshole

Yeah, I’m literally in tears because someone thinks I’m an asshole. 

let me know how those color comparisons go. 

Edited by facefirst

4 minutes ago, facefirst said:

I’m fine with that. Fuck him. 

Are you STILL here? Don't you have work to do? You're crying about being a starving artist with bills to pay, then claim you've been inundated with work offers ever since you threw all your toys out of your pram. Sounds like you should be putting food on the table instead of replying to people whose thoughts "mean zero" to you.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, backinblack said:

Are you STILL here? Don't you have work to do? You're crying about being a starving artist with bills to pay, then claim you've been inundated with work offers ever since you threw all your toys out of your pram. Sounds like you should be putting food on the table instead of replying to people whose thoughts "mean zero" to you.

200.gif

I don’t work at 9:30 at night.

• Haha 1