Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

The one on ebay is just a color copy.   He can call it a "promo" if he wants but it's essentially just a xerox they used at the merch booth to show the poster.  Don't bid real money on a damn photocopy.

Did you see these at merch booth? I belive you are correct I compared the one eBay to a real one and the colors on the eBay one were bland compared to the litho.

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

The one on ebay is just a color copy.   He can call it a "promo" if he wants but it's essentially just a xerox they used at the merch booth to show the poster.  Don't bid real money on a damn photocopy.

I feel bad for the person who's already gunning on spending nearly $200 for it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Thanks for the info!

25 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

To be fair, they're all 'photocopies'... it's not like Arian Buhler is handpainting each one :lol:

My opinion is that the guy selling it might be using the term "promo" incorrectly and that's a bit confusing for me. He describes it like it was a poster that only the promoters used and was never meant for outside distribution - but usually when I (and I assume other people) think of the term 'promo', I think of an item that promoters give away for free - as in something that was never for sale but was still designed for distribution.

So yeah, I think it's 'legit'... in the sense that I believe it is what the seller says it is. I thought it might be a reprint... but zooming in on the pictures, it's a REALLY high quality reprint - Surely there's no way you get that quality from just blowing up the JPG from Arian Buhler's instagram, right? And why would you go to the effort of printing it on thicker paper? Just print it on 75 cent paper and rip people off for fifty bucks a pop if you're gonna be an asshole.

But just because there's less floating around than the real lithograph, does that make it more collectible? It makes it rarer for sure, but is it more collectible? I'm not sure. I guess the final price will give us an idea. Considering how ridiculous the prices for the lithograph were on Yahoo Auctions, this might be the only way some people get a chance to have the artwork for a less-than-insane price.

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Found it. What the fuck lol! Aussie ones have been so bad so far imo. Only ones I'd have bought were the surfing ones and the shark

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Wow... that's not good at all.

The Australian and New Zealand lithos have been really disappointing. There's no detail to them - they all look like sketches or rough drafts that never got improved before being sent to the printers. The surfing skeleton and the coffin lithos that looked like a glow-in-the-dark design (I assume they weren't, right?) had potential but still looked incomplete. The Wellington Maori stands out as the best for me by a LOOOONG shot... but then they go and put a typo on it. That just seems to be it in a nutshell... They just all look and feel... unfinished.

21 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Wow... that's not good at all.

The Australian and New Zealand lithos have been really disappointing. There's no detail to them - they all look like sketches or rough drafts that never got improved before being sent to the printers. The surfing skeleton and the coffin lithos that looked like a glow-in-the-dark design (I assume they weren't, right?) had potential but still looked incomplete. The Wellington Maori stands out as the best for me by a LOOOONG shot... but then they go and put a typo on it. That just seems to be it in a nutshell... They just all look and feel... unfinished.

These have been garbage, which makes the Japanese ones even more special IMO. Hopefully there will be some special ones from the European tour. I'm curious to see the Dubai one. That could be real cool.

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

I have seen it a couple of times, but he has owned most of that stuff forever, so there is a chance that maybe he has new items he covets. 

I haven't done an update in years.  Coming any day now.  When it does you will see some of my most prized items.  But yes, that litho is up there for sure!

• Like 3

On 19.2.2017 at 3:34 PM, rocco said:

I've been searching through this thread for a while now, but I couldn't find a higher resolution image of the alternative San Diego Mermaid litho.

Does anybody have a higher resolution/quality version of it? I'd love to have it printed, and probably even get it tattooed...

image.jpeg.77a0f83343fb915a96fb4d47a3e8eb9f.jpeg

Anyone? :)

7 minutes ago, Tat2brian77 said:

There is one on eBay for sale right now  54.99 with free shipping , might be easier and clearer than printing your own , just search guns roses San Diego , I also have an extra one for a trade if your interested 

That's really nice of you, thank you! But I live in Germany, I don't know if shipping the Litho would be free as well, plus I'm a student, so I'm on a rather tight budget :D

Traveling to LA to see GNR 3 times last year already f'ed up my budget in general :D