Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

I don't know who decides what shows Buhler is assigned to and what is left to the 6th grader discovering Paint, but it looks like the bigger markets have been prioritized.

Edited by Nalbi
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I just realized this thread has small group of followers and is generally the most pleasent group on the forum. I'm surprised nobody has come here to say the lithos have a shitty voice.

The lithos definetaly lack some rasp

1 minute ago, amaninjapan said:

I think the ratio for great/good/mediocre lithos is exactly on par with any other leg

They can't all be Cincikobes

And as for music, we all have different tastes/sensibilities.
I admit I may not always be the most objective person when it comes to these lithos but when I see Buhler replaced by someone whose work seems so dull to me, it's like waiting for Slash and ending up with Ashba showing up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

And as for music, we all have different tastes/sensibilities.
I admit I may not always be the most objective person when it comes to these lithos but when I see Buhler replaced by someone whose work seems so dull to me, it's like waiting for Slash and ending up with Ashba showing up.

Be careful what you wish for though. We all know Buhler is capable of some abortion-like lithos himself. After all, he did Slane and that Auckland Kiwi and I'd rather eat those lithos than look at them. It's nice to get some different artists in the mix and personally I genuinely loved both the Prague designs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

This would have been cool on transculcent paper.

Wait a few days and maybe that dick on Ebay selling A3 reprints will print out some on that plastic film our high school teachers use to use when displaying stuff on overhead projectors

Just now, amaninjapan said:

Wait a few days and maybe that dick on Ebay selling A3 reprints will print out some on that plastic film our high school teachers use to use when displaying stuff on overhead projectors

Do you disagree with that guy printing those? Yeah, lol, that stuff, but a high quality version. That would this litho interesting. I'd love to see lithos that combine to make a larger whole. A trilogy litho like Phish.

9 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Be careful what you wish for though. We all know Buhler is capable of some abortion-like lithos himself. After all, he did Slane and that Auckland Kiwi and I'd rather eat those lithos than look at them. It's nice to get some different artists in the mix and personally I genuinely loved both the Prague designs.

I'm not judging you, I even heard some people liked Ashba. :P

Btw, I may be the only person on earth who LOVE the Auckland kiwi... Slane was utterly bad, gotta admit.

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Do you disagree with that guy printing those? Yeah, lol, that stuff, but a high quality version. That would this litho interesting. I'd love to see lithos that combine to make a larger whole. A trilogy litho like Phish.

I completely understand him printing them. I completely disagree with him selling them. That's someone's else's artwork that he is profiting from. Kinda like how I understand people sharing music online for free but once you making money from this copying process, it sorta becomes a dick thing to do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

I'm not judging you, I even heard some people liked Ashba. :P

Btw, I may be the only person on earth who LOVE the Auckland kiwi... Slane was utterly bad, gotta admit.

I loved the potential concept of the Kiwi litho. I just felt like it lacked DETAIL. It genuinely looks unfinished to me, like he was planning on going back over it and spending another two or three hours putting in some more flair and then just ran out of time.

I loved the potential concept of the Kiwi litho. I just felt like it lacked DETAIL. It genuinely looks unfinished to me, like he was planning on going back over it and spending another two or three hours putting in some more flair and then just ran out of time.

The Kiwi litho definitely lacks rasp.

That's exactly how I feel about Slane, as if because it was the first show of the leg, he had to deliver something he didn't have the time to finish.

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You're an addict.

Not for me, for a friend! I swear!

3 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

Haha, I'm sure your extra Paris will easily convince whoever is looking for a trade.
How many did they print there?

Slane? 350 I think. But it was a rainy day in Slane (surprise surprise) so who knows how many people bought one.

Would love to meet even one!

2 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Slane? 350 I think. But it was a rainy day in Slane (surprise surprise) so who knows how many people bought one.

Would love to meet even one!

That's way more than I thought, I really wonder what made them decide to lower the printings pretty much every other show since then, that's some easy cash missed for them.

Anyone knows what's today's number? 80?

2 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

That's way more than I thought, I really wonder what made them decide to lower the printings pretty much every other show since then, that's some easy cash missed for them.

Anyone knows what's today's number? 80?

Vienna is 100

And I have no idea why they kept dropping the numbers during the leg. Seems like they did it for Australia too, now that I think about it. Brisbane and Sydney were 300s, Melbourne was 250 and 150, Adelaide was 150 and 100 and then Perth was 100 and 100