Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

16 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

That's highway robbery, and if someone buys it I feel bad. But I'll tell you I feel a lot worse about those fucking A4 reprints that are popping up. The seller has 100% positive feedback, I really hate that these are out there.

1 minute ago, uzi your illusion said:

That's highway robbery, and if someone buys it I feel bad. But I'll tell you I feel a lot worse about those fucking A4 reprints that are popping up. The seller has 100% positive feedback, I really hate that these are out there.

I reported all of them but fucking ebay didnt do shit yet. I even pmed that fucker, he claimed he sold about 100, but that loser is probably just making that number up.

Edited by xBrownstonex

1 hour ago, Alexpro said:

Folks, any ideas on how I can score London #1 at a reasonable price? I'm not paying £350 as it seems way too much

I want one too.  And I want a Cinci and a Paris and a Kobe.  And I only wanna pay $20 for each of them.

Why can't the extraordinarily rare limited edition collectibles be available to me for dirt cheap?  I want it.  But I don't want to pay for it.  It's not fair.

In other words....tough shit.  That's the nature of collectibles.  Supply and demand.  It's why you can get those goofy little Funko figures for like 10 bucks cause they made a zillion of them.  But there's only a few hundred of these posters in the world.  Unfortunately that means only rich bastards can afford them, but it is what it is.

13 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

I want one too.  And I want a Cinci and a Paris and a Kobe.  And I only wanna pay $20 for each of them.

Why can't the extraordinarily rare limited edition collectibles be available to me for dirt cheap?  I want it.  But I don't want to pay for it.  It's not fair.

In other words....tough shit.  That's the nature of collectibles.  Supply and demand.  It's why you can get those goofy little Funko figures for like 10 bucks cause they made a zillion of them.  But there's only a few hundred of these posters in the world.  Unfortunately that means only rich bastards can afford them, but it is what it is.

Hey - thanks for your attempt at being smart and good luck with making profits on eBay 

Not being smart....it's just the way it is.

These posters are extremely limited and (for now at least) are really coveted.  I think it's goddamn ridiculous that what is essentially a piece of cardstock are going for hundreds or even thousands of dollars, especially considering that they're not "vintage" items, but that's the price the market has determined for them.

Maybe in a few years if GNR aren't doing anything, they'll be a little cheaper, but I wouldn't count on it.

46 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Not being smart....it's just the way it is.

These posters are extremely limited and (for now at least) are really coveted.  I think it's goddamn ridiculous that what is essentially a piece of cardstock are going for hundreds or even thousands of dollars, especially considering that they're not "vintage" items, but that's the price the market has determined for them.

Maybe in a few years if GNR aren't doing anything, they'll be a little cheaper, but I wouldn't count on it.

The prices are high considering they aren't vintage. Could you imagine if there lithos from the UYI tour. 

40 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

Damn, first time I see a hi-res pic of the second one, it's even worse than I thought...

It's not pretty but it's clearly a reference to old Italian horror films. It's a specific genre called "Giallo" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giallo

I spent some of my youth living in Italy so it definitely has that old VHS low-budget Italian horror movie vibe.

In fact, I just did a google search to verify my suspicion and sure enough, it's definitely a reference to the Italian "Cannibal Holocaust" cover:

EDIT: Oops, wrong link

Cannibal-Holocaust-Poster.jpg

Edited by amaninjapan
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Damn dude....that's some crazy obscure references you're catching!

Still...gotta be the one of the ugliest posters on the tour.  Yeesh.

I don't think it's THAT obscure! I think most movie buffs should know the name. Especially horror movie fans. It caused a major scandal because a lot of people thought it was a real documentary and didn't realize it was fake.

I just don't expect most movie buffs to know that was the cover/poster for the Italian VHS. There have been many different posters and DVD/video covers for it in western culture so not a single one really stands out as "the" movie poster.

3 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

It's not pretty but it's clearly a reference to old Italian horror films. It's a specific genre called "Giallo" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giallo

I spent some of my youth living in Italy so it definitely has that old VHS low-budget Italian horror movie vibe.

In fact, I just did a google search to verify my suspicion and sure enough, it's definitely a reference to the Italian "Cannibal Holocaust" cover:

EDIT: Oops, wrong link

Cannibal-Holocaust-Poster.jpg

WTF I had no idea there were two Imola posters! That horror one is mad. It's absolutely brilliant. See local designers (i'm assuming here) always tap into something real. This is like the Ned Kelly poster for Melbourne. If you know the reference it's awesome and it truly reflects the place.

3 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I don't think it's THAT obscure! I think most movie buffs should know the name. Especially horror movie fans. It caused a major scandal because a lot of people thought it was a real documentary and didn't realize it was fake.

I just don't expect most movie buffs to know that was the cover/poster for the Italian VHS. There have been many different posters and DVD/video covers for it in western culture so not a single one really stands out as "the" movie poster.

Well, it was semi fake. They really did kill those animals, which is fucking bullshit.

5 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Well, it was semi fake. They really did kill those animals, which is fucking bullshit.

Yeah but they were on trial for murder not for animal cruelty. That was the major controversy. I think the animal cruelty controversy was a lesser issue about editing and censorship.

8 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Nothing tonight as far as I can tell. Asked around. Nothing. 

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

They're not even selling copies of the poster/waybill thing that they used to advertise the show a couple weeks ago?

This one?

gnr_apollo1498000196.jpg

If they are selling it, I wouldn't mind a copy! It's not a litho but seems cool anyway :)

Edited by amaninjapan

13 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Maybe it's a Slash thing because he adores horror films. Similar to the Seattle litho for Duff.