Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

I'm not angry. I think we've just gone over this many, many times in the past 95 pages and don't think we really need to dedicate any energy into arguing about it again.

Just now, Pishy said:

Does anyone have a good strategy for getting lithos at the shows? I ended up paying a lot for lithos and I was at the shows! 

Life is a lottery: Be lucky.

On 7/26/2017 at 10:34 PM, Tat2brian77 said:

Can anyone recommend the best way to ship these lithos to other countries , I am doing my first trade and wanted to know the safest way to mail it , ups? Certified mail? 

Thanks for any info 

USPS, It's usually by "priority mail international" and that comes with tracking. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pishy said:

@amaninjapan ok, but do you go early and run to booths ? Anyone have any tips?  Vegas had a lot but many shows have 50, luck is not involved here considering people have multiples on eBay. 

No show in the US has been below 200.

And luck is very much involved. I wasn't being flippant, I was just being terse.

Is it a rainy day? Is it a hot day? This affects how many people turn up early for merch.
How organized are they? If they can't find their ass with their own two hands, they'll start selling late which means more time for people to rock up
How polite is the crowd? Some crowds are polite and line up, some crowds have lots of people trying to cut in and if that happens enough, it just becomes a mob mentality.
How strict are the staff? Some places don't give a shit if someone buys 10 or 20. A few concerts, the merch staff have restricted the sales.
How many merch booths are there? Are there merch booths inside and outside? Do they allow exit and re-entry? Some people decide against buying lithos once they realize they have to hold on to them for the entire show.
How many lithos are made? Vegas had 1000 made, Kansas City had 200.
How good is the design? Shitty designs will probably still be available after the show, great designs sell out in minutes
How many other people have the same idea as you? Did you go early enough to beat the other people going early or did they go earlier than you?

All of these things are completely out of your control. So again: Be lucky.

26 minutes ago, Pishy said:

@amaninjapan ok, but do you go early and run to booths ? Anyone have any tips?  Vegas had a lot but many shows have 50, luck is not involved here considering people have multiples on eBay. 

Go early and run like hell.  Push your way to the front and wave your money around.  

I got a t-shirt at the merchandise booth out front after waiting over an hour.  But I was behind a guy that was saying had been waiting since 11 AM (5 hours) and the 50 lithos they had were already snapped up.  The staff was going to see if they could get more lithos from inside.  I didn't wait to hear what happened.  

@amaninjapan I didn't make the best effort at the shows because I couldn't care less about the litho when I was focused on what was about to happen, the music. The next day, I thought about the litho.  I'm driving to the Hershey park show since its only 3 hrs away so I can put it in the car but it's not like that's a novel idea, pretty standard I'm sure.  They should limit how many a person can buy if there are only 200, it's selfish to start hogging them.  Some are not numbered so hell if I know how many there were. Some are awesome like the London one but I wasn't there so won't get it. Japan had a great one too.  Perth one was nice but with only 3 skulls, forget it. Thanks for the thorough break down explaining the logic of luck, lol! 

11 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

How organized are they? If they can't find their ass with their own two hands, they'll start selling late which means more time for people to rock up
How polite is the crowd? Some crowds are polite and line up, some crowds have lots of people trying to cut in and if that happens enough, it just becomes a mob mentality.
How strict are the staff? Some places don't give a shit if someone buys 10 or 20. A few concerts, the merch staff have restricted the sales.

This^^^^.  The STL crowd was politely lined up and expecting the outside booth to open at 3.  It didn't open until 4.  However, when the booth opened, there was no control to keep people in order.  So some people ran to the far window, while others crowded to the near corner, near a stack of lithos.  I was probably 50th in line, and the 50 lithos they had initially were gone in about 4 minutes, before i even got to a window.  

With the disclaimer that I'm not massively knowledgable about these things nor do I particularly condone people buying lithos for the sole purpose of Ebay I do think the St Louis litho will be one of the more sought after lithos in the future due to the history of the place and the nod to it on the design. So forking out £250 now, although it seems like a rip off, could turn out to be an investment and perhaps a rare chance to actually get this particular one especially if it's of importance to you. (assuming they are 100% genuine articles).

Just by dumb luck I was first in line at St. Louis at my particular gate.  I had floor seats and walked right up  to the the merch booth on the floor - there was one person in front of me and he bought two lithos. They were already sold out.  I was literally probably the fourth or fifth person there, and the only one who bought lithos was the guy in front of me.  Somehow people had access ahead of time.

I ended up going up to the 400 level and the one merch stand they had up there had their display litho left and asked the ladies in front of me to grab it for me if I gave them the money for it. They were nice enough to do that. It has some tape damage on the back, but can't see it from the front. The lines for everything in that building were crazy! 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

I ended up going up to the 400 level and the one merch stand they had up there had their display litho left and asked the ladies in front of me to grab it for me if I gave them the money for it. They were nice enough to do that. It has some tape damage on the back, but can't see it from the front. The lines for everything in that building were crazy! 

Is it numbered?

3 minutes ago, uzi your illusion said:

I can't believe 5 of the St. Louis lithos already sold on eBay for  $200 or more..

You gotta stop using the app, man. It's not showing you which ones that sold via Best Offer. One sold for 200, one sold for 175, the other 3 were sold using "Best Offer" and seeing as they were listed at 210, 210 and 235 I'm gonna get they probably didn't go for over 200.

Screw this crap and running around the venue looking for the merch stands that might have the lithos. Still looking for someone else going to the October 22nd show in Boston who wants to coordinate efforts to make sure we both get one.

Just send me a pm if you are also going to the show.

3 hours ago, pastortine said:

Just by dumb luck I was first in line at St. Louis at my particular gate.  I had floor seats and walked right up  to the the merch booth on the floor - there was one person in front of me and he bought two lithos. They were already sold out.  I was literally probably the fourth or fifth person there, and the only one who bought lithos was the guy in front of me.  Somehow people had access ahead of time.

I was lucky enough to get a litho from the Merch Truck outside.  However, it wasn't a great experience.  The guy ahead of me bought five(!!!) of them.  I can't say I was very pleased with how things were run in terms of limiting the number people can buy.

30 minutes ago, SantosLHalper said:

I was lucky enough to get a litho from the Merch Truck outside.  However, it wasn't a great experience.  The guy ahead of me bought five(!!!) of them.  I can't say I was very pleased with how things were run in terms of limiting the number people can buy.

Are you the legit Santos from 10C or do you just have the best username on the site? :lol:

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

You gotta stop using the app, man. It's not showing you which ones that sold via Best Offer. One sold for 200, one sold for 175, the other 3 were sold using "Best Offer" and seeing as they were listed at 210, 210 and 235 I'm gonna get they probably didn't go for over 200.

Seeing as how they were only listed today and it's not as if they were lingering for days on end with no bids do you think it's super realistic that the sellers took that much less then they were asking for?

In any case whether they paid $200 or just under $200 I'm still surprised. It's a shitty looking litho with a relatively reasonable production run. I think it gives us a window into what to expect with these moving forward. And if last year's NA tour is any indication,  don't buy them off of eBay right now. The price will most likely down and you'll be able to find these in a month or two for half the price.

Just now, uzi your illusion said:

Seeing as how they were only listed today and it's not as if they were lingering for days on end with no bids do you think it's super realistic that the sellers took that much less then they were asking for?

In any case whether they paid $200 or just under $200 I'm still surprised. It's a shitty looking litho with a relatively reasonable production run. I think it gives us a window into what to expect with these moving forward. And if last year's NA tour is any indication,  don't buy them off of eBay right now. The price will most likely down and you'll be able to find these in a month or two for half the price.

Yeah I'm definitely surprised too. $200 ish is a lot more than I was expecting for that not-so-amazing litho to go for. Maybe it's what @alfierose mentioned and GNR fans knew the significance of St Louis? Maybe combined with some hype for the start of the US leg? Combined with a little FOMO?

• Like 1