Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

There was a group of us waiting for 5 hours at the merch truck in stl. The lady running the booth talked to us ahead of time and was very friendly. The 5 hour thing was bad luck as the open time kept getting pushed back due to the city dragging their heels on shutting down traffic on the street the merch truck was parked on.

It was worth it imo. I love the design actually and am happy to have it as a unique souvenir for the experience. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

There was a group of us waiting for 5 hours at the merch truck in stl. The lady running the booth talked to us ahead of time and was very friendly. The 5 hour thing was bad luck as the open time kept getting pushed back due to the city dragging their heels on shutting down traffic on the street the merch truck was parked on.

It was worth it imo. I love the design actually and am happy to have it as a unique souvenir for the experience. 

Jeez, five hours? How many people were waiting and were they all waiting strictly for the lithos? Hopefully St. Louis is an anamoly due to the history of that city. 

24 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Jeez, five hours? How many people were waiting and were they all waiting strictly for the lithos? Hopefully St. Louis is an anamoly due to the history of that city. 

It started with about 10, but grew to be quite a large line with about 2 hours to go. It was supposed to open at 1, was pushed back to 3, and then pushed back again to 4

I got in line last night on the 2nd level merch stand. I really just wanted a shirt, but then I saw they still had lithos!!! So I was gonna get one. Then these 2 fuckin cocksuckers right next to me and just in front bought all they had! Like fuckin 10 of them at least. I almost guarantee they're who is selling them on eBay. I swear to fuckin god, if that guy had turned to his right to leave, instead of his left, he was gonna bump into me and spill my $9 beer on the whole pile. Say what you want, he beat me to it, blah blah fuckin blah, but it's fuckin bullshit. Like 5 of us saw it and were not happy...

Then just as I got to the front, the event T was sold out... checked other stands but also sold out... Anybody wanna sell me an XL shirt? :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I got in line last night on the 2nd level merch stand. I really just wanted a shirt, but then I saw they still had lithos!!! So I was gonna get one. Then these 2 fuckin cocksuckers right next to me and just in front bought all they had! Like fuckin 10 of them at least. I almost guarantee they're who is selling them on eBay. I swear to fuckin god, if that guy had turned to his right to leave, instead of his left, he was gonna bump into me and spill my $9 beer on the whole pile. Say what you want, he beat me to it, blah blah fuckin blah, but it's fuckin bullshit. Like 5 of us saw it and were not happy...

Then just as I got to the front, the event T was sold out... checked other stands but also sold out... Anybody wanna sell me an XL shirt? :lol:

You would be hero for 2017 had you spilt beers on those lithos.

12 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Well Dubai was only four months ago so I don't see why you would've heard anything a year ago

I'm saying I've been checking this thread for a year now during the shows and I have never heard that the Dubai litho wasn't produced and sold at the show. You said you had confirmation. What's the story on that?

5 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I'm saying I've been checking this thread for a year now during the shows and I have never heard that the Dubai litho wasn't produced and sold at the show. You said you had confirmation. What's the story on that?

I've suspected it for a long time and voiced my suspicions that it doesn't exist for a long time. Several people - collectors, people who attended the show and others involved have all shared these suspicions not just for the lithograph but other merchandise for Dubai that was advertised or supposed to be for sale but has never been seen.

There was a significant amount of merchandise that never even made it to the venue to be sold (due to massive traffic congestion) and others were never even made at all. There was a lot of organizational failures involved with the Dubai show.

This guy has three for sale on ebay and is using the same photo for all three auctions.  The picture is of #194, which I own unless mr. poster numberer guy accidentally numbered more than one with #194. That's possible I guess.  I was at the St. Louis show and bought mine in person so I know my #194 is authentic.  I've got no beef with people buying these up and selling them, that's just part of the game of life.  If something underhanded is going on and people are getting a high quality reproduction instead of the real McCoy... that irks me.

I sent a casual message asking what poster number this auction was for: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-GNR-Tour-Poster-Litho-St-Louis-Edward-Jones-Dome-xx-250-2017-/202000224260?hash=item2f0826d004:g:liUAAOSwR6JZemLm

Someone send him a message about one of these two and see what he says.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-GNR-Tour-Poster-Litho-St-Louis-Edward-Jones-Dome-xx-250-2017/202000225746

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guns-N-Roses-GNR-Tour-Poster-Litho-St-Louis-Edward-Jones-Dome-xxx-250-2017-/202000226945?hash=item2f0826da81:g:liUAAOSwR6JZemLm

If you in fact have 194 and you bought it in person... then that's really fucking weird/sketchy. So many possibilities but so many are really unlikely. Did you take that photo and he's just using your photo? Can you post a photo of your litho to confirm you really have 194?

Maybe it's a fake?

Maybe someone did accidentally number one twice? Certainly would not be difficult to fuck up like that... just seems unlikely.

I mean, it's not unheard of for an Ebay seller to use the same photo for multiple listings if he has multiple copies. It's confusing but some people are just lazy. But it's definitely sketchy if he's using your photo or has one with the same number as you. Really fucking weird someone would go to the effort of copying a mediocre and not particularly rare litho though.

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

If you in fact have 194 and you bought it in person... then that's really fucking weird/sketchy. So many possibilities but so many are really unlikely. Did you take that photo and he's just using your photo? Can you post a photo of your litho to confirm you really have 194?

Maybe it's a fake?

Maybe someone did accidentally number one twice? Certainly would not be difficult to fuck up like that... just seems unlikely.

I mean, it's not unheard of for an Ebay seller to use the same photo for multiple listings if he has multiple copies. It's confusing but some people are just lazy. But it's definitely sketchy if he's using your photo or has one with the same number as you. Really fucking weird someone would go to the effort of copying a mediocre and not particularly rare litho though.

I haven't photographed mine at all so no way he could be using a photo of mine - I will take a picture of mine when I get home tonight and post it.  I'll also do a screen grab from the auction to see how close they look.  In line I was chatting with a security guy who said some people got in the building the day before and were taking some pictures.  I assumed they were trying to grab some photos of the stage, etc.  But now I'm open to the possibility of something else.  

I'll upload those photos later tonight. 

6 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

The most obvious explanation is that the printer numbered 2 of them as 194, these are hand numbered lithos and people can make mistakes.  Also, most sellers when selling multiples will use the same pic.  

That was my first guess, but I thought if a couple of people could message the seller and get confirmation of the number(s) he is selling we might be able to keep people from getting ripped off if something underhanded is going on.  If he is selling legit lithos, then more power to him.