Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

It might be cool to have a thread listing what each person is looking for and what they are willing to trade. Maybe under the memorabilia section? I know That section doesn't get much traffic but it might help people match up trades that they wouldn't know are available within the community.

• Like 1

I like the design, especially when you see the real thing. The sunset pops and the purple brings something new to the litho palette. I was just discussing it with my friend that if "Guns N' Roses" and "Minneapolis" had been done in a purple foil, it would've been AMAZING! But still solid work!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I like the design, especially when you see the real thing. The sunset pops and the purple brings something new to the litho palette. I was just discussing it with my friend that if "Guns N' Roses" and "Minneapolis" had been done in a purple foil, it would've been AMAZING! But still solid work!

Foil would would have been awesome. Do you have contacts acquiring all the US lithos as well?

Edited by The Holographic Universe

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

Foil would would have been awesome.

Personally, I think the two times that foil has been used for the GNR lithos, it has 'propped up' mediocre lithos. I know that some people like New Jersey, and the foil and sparkles and stuff look nice but let's be honest that the fundamental design of the NJ litho is really boring at best. Perth is just a horrible design. But both of them were improved by the addition of a foil accent.

Now imagine if foil or a metallic paint were used on some of the fan favorites. Imagine if the roses on Cincinnati had been red foil. Imagine if Gdansk had blue foil on that black and grey background. I'm not going to promote the idea of foil being used more often, I don't think we need more foil. But I'd love to see it used on an AMAZING design and see the popularity of a litho just go through the roof.

16 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

the image that Guns N Roses uploaded to their IG is really washed out. The colors pop a lot more than that

mYgHj5O.png

Spoon Bridge:

2537358380_a927c25a16_b.jpg

Rolling Stones' Litho:

BGAPRS113.JPG

I think this is the first example of an artist running out of original ideas for these lithos.

5 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

Spoon Bridge:

Rolling Stones' Litho:

I think this is the first example of an artist running out of original ideas for these lithos.

Yes. Minnesota is definitely the first time ever we've seen a lack of originality in lithos.

9qkpp.gif

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Yes. Minnesota is definitely the first time ever we've seen a lack of originality in lithos.

;):lol::P

HA! What I meant to say is that it's the first time, that I know of, where the subject matter is an exact copy of another band's litho.

2 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

;):lol::P

HA! What I meant to say is that it's the first time, that I know of, where the subject matter is an exact copy of another band's litho.

Heh, well I don't know man. I think it's an unfair call. First of all, I sincerely doubt the Stones were the first to incorporate it into a concert poster design. You're trying to tell me in 30 years, nobody thought to put the spoonbridge on a poster for a Minneapolis concert? Plus if you do a Google image search for "minneapolis tourist attractions" it's literally the first thing that comes up.

I think the most unfair thing is that when Arian Buhler goes with the most obvious theme for a litho (Devil for New Jersey, Ben Franklin for Philadelphia, Godzilla for Tokyo, a racecar for Imola, a god damn mermaid statue for Copenhagen), he gets a pass. In fact, most of the time he gets applauded for it. Oh it's a Buhler so we'll let it slide. But when another artist goes with the most obvious theme? "Unoriginal." "Boring." "Bring back Buhler."

I've never seen anybody call out Buhler for his lack of originality. He used the damn MERMAID STATUE AS A THEME FOR COPENHAGEN! And nobody said anything about it being unoriginal!

So come on, guys. Be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KURT19 said:

Don't get offended @amaninjapan I was just pointing out the similarity of the subject matter and now I wonder if any others have been "shared" by different bands.

This was the first one that I noticed.

My observation had nothing to do with Buhler!

787b2c9635a0415f92d0ceb36d8cfe5c--sculpt

I know, Kurt. I was just using it as a platform to voice my disappointment in how negative people can be about pretty much every non-Buhler lithograph.

I feel like 90% of the posts on this forum fall into three categories:

1) Axl's voice sucks!

2) No new songs! What a shitty playlist!

3) This non-Buhler litho sucks!

:P

• Like 1