Curb Your (dis)Enthusiasm

Since the inception of this forum people have shared their discomfort with how things are handled within the band, and current events are no different.  If their opinion ruin your fun, the joke is on you.

This is thread number 15585 of "I want to silence the haters and their negativity" and for the 15585th time, it won't work.  No need for this to have its own thread.

:shrugs:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Since the inception of this forum people have shared their discomfort with how things are handled within the band, and current events are no different.  If their opinion ruin your fun, the joke is on you.

This is thread number 15585 of "I want to silence the haters and their negativity" and for the 15585th time, it won't work.  No need for this to have its own thread.

:shrugs:

Like I said in the very end of my post, I am not trying to silence criticism.  However if there is no need for me to have made this thread because it is redundant, than there is no need for the same posters to nonstop make the same redundant posts about setlists in the concert threads every single time.  So if you think this post is redundant and you are against this thread existing, there is no reason you shouldn't be against the posts I am talking about showing up all the time either.  

There is no "call to silencing" going on, it is merely pointing out how unrealistic and unsatisfied some people can be

Edited by WhazUp

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Like I said in the very end of my post, I am not trying to silence criticism.  However if there is no need for me to have made this thread because it is redundant, than there is no need for the same posters to nonstop make the same redundant posts about setlists in the concert threads every single time.  So if you think this post is redundant and are against this thread existing, there is no reason you shouldn't be against the posts I am talking about showing up all the time either.  

There is no "call to silencing" going on, it is merely pointing out how unrealistic and unsatisfied some people can be

Hey man, you know I love you.  I just think that your opinion on negativism does not deserve its own thread.  Feel free to share it in the existing threads but in the end, it will be a vicious circle where you complain about the complainers.

Just now, Nosaj Thing said:

Hey man, you know I love you.  I just think that your opinion on negativism does not deserve its own thread.  Feel free to share it in the existing threads but in the end, it will be a vicious circle where you complain about the complainers.

Fair enough, I just really am trying to understand where some people are coming from.  I wanted to maybe bring that conversation to this thread so that the actual show threads can steer clear of the issues that I had in mind

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Fair enough, I just really am trying to understand where some people are coming from.  I wanted to maybe bring that conversation to this thread so that the actual show threads can steer clear of the issues that I had in mind

Kudos for that.

Nothing worse than derailing a show thread with criticisms about the comments regarding the show that just happened and we all watched on a shitty periscope like a bunch of rabid animals because we love this band

Edited by Top-Hatted One

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The "negativity" is so tiny right now that I truly believe it shouldn't bother anyone.  Personally, trying to understand why other people are negative while I'm stoked is just a waste of time.

Just now, Nosaj Thing said:

The "negativity" is so tiny right now that I truly believe it shouldn't bother anyone.  Personally, trying to understand why other people are negative while I'm stoked is just a waste of time.

I am stoked too, I am very stoked for my show to come around in August and for GNR in general.  However I am great at mentally multitasking in that regard ;) 

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I am stoked too, I am very stoked for my show to come around in August and for GNR in general.  However I am great at mentally multitasking in that regard ;) 

You said you were very annoyed by that.  Why?  You're not missing out, they are.  Just enjoy what you want and ignore the rest.  It will never change.  :shrugs:

4 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

You said you were ver annoyed by that.  Why?  Just enjoy what you want and ignore the rest.  It will never change.  :shrugs:

I am enjoying what I am wanting, although with the greatest form of respect that I have for you and to the forum in general, I do stand by this topic I made and the points I raised.  I dunno, all in all it is just interesting to see how the grass is always greener on the other side and some people feel that Paradise City is never achieved, y'know?  And I suppose that I am never gonna stop questioning that

I don't know if this topic will end up locked, or if it will stay open (probably locked), however I don't regret at least mentioning it

Edited by WhazUp

I think if these folks had their issues addressed they would find something new to complain about. I think the biggest beef I see is no izzy and no steven. That's fine I get it. I'm stoked for what it is. I've got minor complaints too but whatever.

The complaining is really annoying to me.  Due to timezone, i log on in the morning to read about the show that just finished an hour ago and i have to scroll through lots of posts whining about the setlist.  What are these people expecting?  We all know the setlist won't change too much throughout the tour.  Guns are not going to do a show were they don't play PC, NR, WTTJ, SCOM, Nightrain, Easy, YCBM, Civil War, LALD, KOHD and Brownstone.  Throw in the 3 CD staples and there isn't much room for more songs.

If i finally get to see them live, I will be pissed if they don't play the classics just so some internet fans can get some deep cuts.

There is also people calling for new music on nearly a daily basis.  I think the guys in the band are just happy to be back together and playing some shows.  Maybe they'll make music at some point, maybe they won't.

Izzy and Steven not in the band?  Izzy quit in 91 and i don't think he has toured since.  Maybe they didn't think he'd be suitable for a world tour due to his lack of touring over the last 25 years?  Maybe they were concerned about Steven's ability to stay sober?  Legitimate concerns in my opinion.

A lot of compromises had to take place for this reunion to even happen.  Lets just enjoy it for what it is and stop pointing out all the things that its not.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

The complaining is really annoying to me.  Due to timezone, i log on in the morning to read about the show that just finished an hour ago and i have to scroll through lots of posts whining about the setlist.  What are these people expecting?  We all know the setlist won't change too much throughout the tour.  Guns are not going to do a show were they don't play PC, NR, WTTJ, SCOM, Nightrain, Easy, YCBM, Civil War, LALD, KOHD and Brownstone.  Throw in the 3 CD staples and there isn't much room for more songs.

If i finally get to see them live, I will be pissed if they don't play the classics just so some internet fans can get some deep cuts.

There is also people calling for new music on nearly a daily basis.  I think the guys in the band are just happy to be back together and playing some shows.  Maybe they'll make music at some point, maybe they won't.

Izzy and Steven not in the band?  Izzy quit in 91 and i don't think he has toured since.  Maybe they didn't think he'd be suitable for a world tour due to his lack of touring over the last 25 years?  Maybe they were concerned about Steven's ability to stay sober?  Legitimate concerns in my opinion.

A lot of compromises had to take place for this reunion to even happen.  Lets just enjoy it for what it is and stop pointing out all the things that its not.

100% this. 

Though Izzy has had a few stints with Guns since - 5 shows in 1993, and 14 shows in 2006. 

12 hours ago, WhazUp said:

They are coming from years and years of following this band. There are people who didn't leave when Slash and the rest left. There are lots of people who supported Axl's new vision, replacement bandmembers and 13 years in the making album, Chinese Democracy. Those ones are, by this time, fed up with everything, especially stagnant setlist and problems with Axl's voice. Having Slash and Duff back is great and having Axl singing 10 times better than in the last 5 years is a bless too but I don't know for how long that enthusiasm will last.

That said, we know the majority of people attending these shows are not hardcore fans and most of them didnt stick around for the past 15 years, so it is most likely they will enjoy the show and adore it and be happy for the big 3 back together. Bear in mind, most of those people have not seen a Guns N' Roses show since the 90s (or ever in their lives).

People you find in forums like this one are not the ones who fill up the stadiums. Forums like this are alive because of the die-hards and the die-hards are much more picky, focused, obsessed and involved with the band than anybody else. Hardcore fans will fill the pits and VIP areas but that's it. They will probably attend more than one show or travel to attend a show, while the casual fans will only see them once, hence, they go ready to have the time of their lives.

Bottom line: you're in the wrong place complaining about the complainers because this is our natural environment. This is the place to discuss, dissect, bitch and praise the band and the shows. This and all the other forums and fan sites online. If you don't wanna hear or read stuff like that then stick to the media reviews of the shows (the positive ones only) and look for a couple videos on You Tube, to drive your own conclusions.

Telling people how they should feel about the shows or the whole reunion thing is kind of silly, IMHO. I'm sure there are a lot more people who enjoy and are happy for this rather than feel that it is wrong or boring or whatever.

Don't take it so seriously, it's just fans talking, not like someone's planning to boicott them or GN'R are gonna be affected so much by words on the Internet, that they're gonna cancel the rest of the shows :lol:

lol no, that won't happen. Just live and let die! :heart: