JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017) Comic-Con Trailer

Słash

On 3/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Re-watching Batman Vs. Superman for the first time since it came out. It is an extended edition so maybe it is more coherent this time. I really disliked it when it came out, and probably still do but I also have to give it kudos for being a big, unique mess. It reminds me of TLJ which I really like as a Star Wars fan. One of the dumbest parts for me was Superman having a grudge against Batman, that made zero sense. They did a good job setting up why Batman wants to take out Superman, though.

Edit- Still a slog

Yeah. Both were being total idiots in that movie. And what would have happened if Clark's mother would have been called Jane?
Also watched Man of Steel and Dawn of justice for the first time since years and I have to say I liked Dawn (the extended edition) more than MOS. The latter is just, meh.

23 hours ago, downzy said:

I did enjoy it more than I thought I would, but I think largely because I split the viewing over two nights.

It's hard for me to compare it to Whedon's version as I honestly don't remember it much.

I did. Hadn't planned to watch it all in one sitting, but it went surprisingly well. I too enjoyed it.

I also can't really make a comparison, as I've only seen the Whedon version once some time ago and forgot most of it. So I kinda would like to watch that one again to compare.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 12:25 PM, moreblack said:

To be fair they already have the Arrowverse going for several years on TV so they have the TV side of things covered. It's just not linked to this continuity directly. Mind you, Ezra Miller did make a cameo on The Flash show.

That's true.  I forgot about the Arrowverse.  

But I wouldn't say it's of the same calibre in terms of tone and production that you get with a film or HBO/Netflix miniseries.   Aren't most Arrowverse shows 18-22 episodes long?

I would hope there's medium ground where they could do 6-10 large budget episodes with top talent.  Similar to what was achieved with Westworld or Game of Thrones.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, downzy said:

That's true.  I forgot about the Arrowverse.  

But I wouldn't say it's of the same calibre in terms of tone and production that you get with a film or HBO/Netflix miniseries.   Aren't most Arrowverse shows 18-22 episodes long?

I would hope there's medium ground where they could do 6-10 large budget episodes with top talent.  Similar to what was achieved with Westworld or Game of Thrones.  

I could see that happening after Arrowverse closes shop, but currently, I don't think they want multiple versions of the same characters on tv at the same time. I remember even in the DCAU, they lost use of all the Batman characters (except Bats himself) on the Justice League show, because The Batman show had begun to air at the same time.

Edited by moreblack

3 hours ago, moreblack said:

I could see that happening after Arrowverse closes shop, but currently, I don't think they want multiple versions of the same characters on tv at the same time. I remember even in the DCAU, they lost use of all the Batman characters (except Bats himself) on the Justice League show, because The Batman show had begun to air at the same time.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen either since there's likely more money in theatrical releases.  I'm just speaking from my own selfish needs of not wanting to watch 22 films or episodes to finish a full comic-based narrative. 

Just watched JL a second time tonight and yeah. It holds up and manages to not feel too long. While I find this whole new gods thing rather uninteresting in the comics, it is pretty cool to see Darkseid on the screen. Can't believe they cut him from the original release. Also Martian Manhunter. Only DC/Warner would do such a thing. :crazy:

On 3/27/2021 at 12:18 AM, moreblack said:

As far as I've heard from ZS, he has no plans on making any more DC movies.

Yeah as of right now he’s focused on his Army of the Dead franchise for Netflix. Plus, Affleck seems to be using the Flash film as an “exiting vehicle” for his incarnation of the character. Fisher has issues with the heads of WB (and they have issues with him). Cavill doesn’t really seem interested in returning. He skipped out on Shazam and wasn’t involved with any of the reshoots for ZSJL, so they had to use repurposed footage of him from MoS and BvS instead. The biggest roadblock of all tho is the fact that making new films on the scale of ZSJL would be quite expensive, and it’s not like they have a bunch of old unused footage sitting around to work with like they did this last time.

When taking all of that into account, as well as the fact that Snyder’s plans for JL2 and 3 were very similar to Infinity War and Endgame, continuing his branch of the DC universe just doesn’t seem worth it. I get that a lot of fans want it, but WB shouldn’t be listening to fandom entitlement anyway. Whether people like it or not (and I have some issues with WB too), those are THEIR characters, so they should do what THEY want with them.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

I actually never saw Justice League so seeing the Snyder Cut was totally fresh for me. I tend to hate super hero movies (except for Batman) but it managed to keep my attention and I enjoyed it.

I will say it is such a missed opportunity that we never got a full Batfleck movie. His interaction with Leto's Joker in the epilogue was awesome. I love the psychological games much more than the explodey super fast action scenes in movies so that was probably my favorite part of the Snyder Cut. I want a whole movie of that.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 1:11 PM, rocknroll41 said:

When taking all of that into account, as well as the fact that Snyder’s plans for JL2 and 3 were very similar to Infinity War and Endgame, continuing his branch of the DC universe just doesn’t seem worth it. I get that a lot of fans want it, but WB shouldn’t be listening to fandom entitlement anyway. Whether people like it or not (and I have some issues with WB too), those are THEIR characters, so they should do what THEY want with them.

Thing is, now that we've seen what they can do, and the level they can do it to, there's no way the new direction, whatever it is, will measure up. I don't know how many more reboot stories of Batman losing his parents or Clark coming to earth I can take.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, moreblack said:

Thing is, now that we've seen what they can do, and the level they can do it to, there's no way the new direction, whatever it is, will measure up. I don't know how many more reboot stories of Batman losing his parents or Clark coming to earth I can take.

Personally I’m more excited for the smaller-scaled movies they plan to make about lesser-known characters. They recently announced new movies for Blue Beetle, Hourman, and Zatanna. THOSE are the dc movies I want to see. I’m tired of the popular characters and the big-scaled shit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Personally I’m more excited for the smaller-scaled movies they plan to make about lesser-known characters. They recently announced new movies for Blue Beetle, Hourman, and Zatanna. THOSE are the dc movies I want to see. I’m tired of the popular characters and the big-scaled shit.

If they can get those characters over, the whole francise will benefit, definitely. Constantine, the character should've worked in film, but that was such a miscast.

• Like 1

I re- watched them all.

Man Of Steel

BvS: Dawn Of Justice

Justice League: The Snyder Cut

What an epic story. I doubt it will ever happen but I'd love for Zack to finish his vision.

Is there any news on if The Snyder Cut will be getting a dvd/bluray release?

On 4/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, F*ck Fear said:

I re- watched them all.

Man Of Steel

BvS: Dawn Of Justice

Justice League: The Snyder Cut

What an epic story. I doubt it will ever happen but I'd love for Zack to finish his vision.

Is there any news on if The Snyder Cut will be getting a dvd/bluray release?

Yes, it will be released on Blu-ray in Europe in late May. No word about any other regions yet tho.

• Like 1

Well, I saw it in chunks. Would have probably hated it if I had to sit in the theater for four hours since I am not super invested in the universe. Overall, it was definitely way better than the theatrical cut. I don't know what I was expecting, but I was surprised how similar it is in the grand scheme of things. It truly is the same film in terms of the general gist of the story and beats. The pieces that get through the film are obviously completely different, and I think every "new" (or would they be old?) scene in the Snyder cut works better. The characters definitely get more room to breathe and develop. I can totally see why Ray Fisher is upset, what Whedon and the studio did to him is utter bullshit. He was the best part and arguably most important part of the original vision. He was essentially completely cut in the theatrical version. The Flash was a lot better in the Snyder version, too. Steppenwolf (lol) was still generic, but an improvement from his theatrical version. Having him be an insecure loser was a little more interesting than him being a mustache twirler. Over use of slow motion and the Amazon wailing woman theme was really irritating. They could have shaved off 20 minutes by taking the slo-mo down a notch.

The movie was still dark and moody compared to Marvel, but nowhere near as bad as Man of Steel and Batman vs. Superman. I have no idea why the studio sought to even Marvel-it-up more, as it was already relatively easy going in its original state. The core story remains generic, but the road getting through it is at least coherent here so it gets points for that. I also wonder if this is truly the original film as intended. Snyder had the once in a lifetime and possibly the first and only example of a director getting another crack at a 300+ million dollar blockbuster, given 10s of millions more to refinish it, and have existing feedback in place from a theatrical version he did not complete. Its a crazy situation.

The ending was a disaster, but I almost give him credit for having the balls to put it in there. I am not a big DC- Extended Universe fan, but I almost wish we would get another 4 hour Justice League movie (or two 2 hour ones) on HBO Max by Snyder. The apocalyptic future with an evil Superman and Batman teaming up with that mess of a Joker (that scene was cringy) looks kind of stupid, unique, and interesting. A story like that would be sort of different. I know the Thanos snap story is pretty much an apocalypse, but seeing some rag tag team of DC heroes following dumb trenchcoat Batman to take down Superman and Darkseid and undo that shit sounds like a worthy waste of time to watch. Oh well, we will get another generic Batman reboot instead.

Now give me a 3 hour director's cut of Rise of Skywalker with extended space battle scenes, a few slow scenes in the first half, actual Palpatine exposition, Luke's sacrifice in VIII rallying the galaxy for Lando exposition, Rey and Ben Solo actually teaming up against Palpatine, and a Jedi ghost party backing them up in the last battle and I'd be stoked. It would still be terrible, but that is what I want.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 3