Trainspotting 2 - trailer

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is what that monstrosity replaced,

odeon.jpg

JS103246546.jpg

I think that is all smashed up now. I think there is a Maplins or some other store there now.

It can make you weep, this stuff.

oh that makes me sick! reminds me of a theater in Albuquerque i went to of all places...it was so cool. i shudder to think what it has bcome now, and this is just a TRAVESTY!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2017 at 0:27 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Going to the cinema involves going to this hideous monstrosity in Newcastle called The Gate,

aacf49_f1d2beef2512441fb725c3f9126ab5cc.

Cinema on top, eateries on the second floor, boozers on the ground floor - including a 'Spoons. It is a good place to pick up slags on a Friday and Saturday night (so I've been told!).

Yeah I went to the Gate last night to watch T2. Good film but they could have made it sooner. 

It was more student city last night. The charvers come out at the weekend 

On 02/02/2017 at 7:17 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh that makes me sick! reminds me of a theater in Albuquerque i went to of all places...it was so cool. i shudder to think what it has bcome now, and this is just a TRAVESTY!

Ahhh this brings back happy memories for me seeing so many classic films... Star Wars, Trainspotting... This was a proper cinema. 

The building is still there but really run down. It's getting knocked down for something... I don't think it's a listed building anymore