Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 hours ago, Kira said:

I have to agree with this as well.  Even besides the drug problem, he’s an immature person.  Which may be endearing in small doses, but definitely not full time.  

I also agree 100%. Steven not being the full time drummer has nothing to do with him being sober or not, it’s because he’s immature and probably gets on your nerves quickly. From what I’ve seen of Steven over the years, there’s no denying that he’s a sweetheart and has the right intentions, it’s just that his personality is overbearing. I’m sure the guys love Steven in small doses, but anything more than a small dose is too much Steven. 

• Like 4

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven just cant be taken seriously. He’s like this little (retarded) kid that everyone likes but nobody really wants anything to do with him cause he’s kind of dumb and embarrassing. Now how could they ever want someone like that to be a part of such a multi million dollar tour. Steven should know where his place is. Its playing appetite in front if a cpl hundred fans. If he’s lucky, axl and slash will let him play for a few minutes with them. 

Edited by Carmenjello
  • Like 2

Just now, Carmenjello said:

Steven just cant be taken seriously. He’s like this little (retarded) kid that everyone likes but nobody really wants anything to do with him cause he’s kimd of dumb and embarrassing. Now how could they ever want someone like that to be a part of such a multi million dollar tour. Steven should know where his place is. Its playing appetite in front if a cpl hundred fans. If he’s lucky, axl and slash will let him play for a few minutes with them. 

Agreed. Sad but true!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carmenjello said:

Steven just cant be taken seriously. He’s like this little (retarded) kid that everyone likes but nobody really wants anything to do with him cause he’s kind of dumb and embarrassing. Now how could they ever want someone like that to be a part of such a multi million dollar tour. Steven should know where his place is. Its playing appetite in front if a cpl hundred fans. If he’s lucky, axl and slash will let him play for a few minutes with them. 

It's probably not PC to call Adler retarded in light of the fact he has some neural damage and a speech impediment as a result of a drug induced stroke, that may upset some of his fans.

But I agree that this method isn't likely to change the status quo, all things considered it isn't a smart business decision to include him as anything but an occasional guest, if that. 

15 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

I think it was a group decision for Steven not to be in full-time.

But I don't think Axl hates Steven, I think he just enjoys playing with Frank much more. I think Axl hates Matt, but not Steven. Frank's one of Axl's guys, just like Fortus. And Slash and Duff seem to like him too so I don't see a problem there.

I also believe that Axl's friendship with Slash is too important to him, now that they have talked about everything. I can imagine Axl thinks Steven might ruin things when he says something wrong.

The line up they have now just seems to be the safest as a long-term thing.

the line up now is the safest thing - money wise ;)

1 hour ago, Natty said:

Wow. I hope for you that your family won t consider you retarded and dumb if you happen to have a stroke. 

So you are better than people with Down Syndrom or other health issues? And don’t begin the drug argument. Slash took the same amount of drugs but he got off the drugs earlier and didn’t have a stroke for his fortune. 

Steven merits all the fans in the world as well as Izzy and the other 3 cause it was them who created the music.

Frank has nothing to do with GNR other than being hired by Axl to play. 

Insulting people cause of illness is beyond understandable. Incredible. Like in the 15th century 

Jeez, not what i said at all.

11 hours ago, Carmenjello said:

yeah, He was fired in 90' and nufin has changed about that. They let him play few times and paid him good money, thats what he said in radio. Move on with your fuckin life Adler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Natty said:

Wow. I hope for you that your family won t consider you retarded and dumb if you happen to have a stroke. 

So you are better than people with Down Syndrom or other health issues? And don’t begin the drug argument. Slash took the same amount of drugs but he got off the drugs earlier and didn’t have a stroke for his fortune. 

Steven merits all the fans in the world as well as Izzy and the other 3 cause it was them who created the music.

Frank has nothing to do with GNR other than being hired by Axl to play. 

Insulting people cause of illness is beyond understandable. Incredible. Like in the 15th century 

I agree it is not very PC to throw around the "retarded" label but fact is that Adler has courtesy credits, he didnt write a thing.

Excerpt from "I Axl" Rip Magazine w/Del James 1992:

"At one point, in order to keep this band together, it was necessary for me to give him a portion of my publishing rights. That was one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my life, but he threw such a fit, saying he wasn't going to stay in the band. We were worried about not being able to record our first album, so I did what l felt l had to do. In the long run l paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15 percent of my publishing off of Appetite for Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick!" 

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

So do you think Axl wrote Steven's drum parts then? Just because Axl said that? Come on, use your brain ffs.

Actually Duff wrotte most of it and we know it. 
I love the guy and the way he plays but song writting and estructuring wise he didnt really contribute much.

@thread, I dont think it is impossible that Steven himself wrotte this, he is probably on some gag order and maybe logged his brother account to speak his mind wihout getting his ass sued.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

So do you think Axl wrote Steven's drum parts then? Just becausAe Axl said that? Come on, use your brain ffs.

Duff claimed in court that he wrote Steven's drum parts.

Alan Niven also said that Duff had to show Steven what to play sometimes, that Steven didn't write anything and was given songwriting credits courtesy of the rest of the band (probably the only thing Axl and Niven have ever agreed on, lol), but also that Steven's enthusiasm in his playing was essential for the sound of the band.

I don't necessarily believe these statements, but it's not only Axl who said that.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Alan Niven also said that Duff had to show Steven what to play sometimes, that Steven didn't write anything and was given songwriting credits courtesy of the rest of the band (probably the only thing Axl and Niven have ever agreed on, lol), but also that Steven's enthusiasm in his playing was essential for the sound of the band.

I don't necessarily believe these statements, but it's not only Axl who said that.

May not be only Axl who said that but everybody who talks about it happen to be the counterpart, the guys that were sued, so... could they possibly say otherwise? It's all of them against Steven.

Yet I've never read what Steven said about that or what he declared in the court.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yet I've never read what Steven said about that or what he declared in the court.

From Steven's press release on the lawsuit (or a comment on it), 1991:

When we recorded [Appetite for Destruction], Slash came up with this system where whoever wrote got credit. But then when it came time to actually divide them up, suddenly everybody was getting credit but me. I mean, [for example] Izzy wrote the song "Think About You" by himself before we started playing it, yet Slash, Duff, and Axl were also going to be receiving royalties for it, since they supposedly "added to it". I said, "well what about me? Did I add nothing?" I mean Izzy wrote the fucking song, I thought that's how the writing credits were determined, but the other guys were getting credit for something they didn't write, and I wasn't. Same thing for all the other songs, Axl would get credit for songs such as "Brownstone" [written by Slash and Izzy] and "It's So Easy" [written by Duff and West Arkeen], even though he didn't write anything on them, and the other guys [who didn't write also got credit] too. So why not me? So Axl gave me a portion of his [to compensate for not being included], and my name was put beside the rest of theirs [in the writing credits] and that was that. But now they've screwed me out of those royalties and my other ones too. Two fucking albums that I played on are still selling and they're collecting money from them, and I'm not. Guns N Roses T shirts with my face on them are still selling, and they're collecting money from them, and I'm not. That's what they did to me, people I thought were my friends took it all away and said goodbye as if I never existed. Fuck that! That's why I sue them, and I'm confident the jury will see it my way."

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

I believe Adler is right regarding the whole lawsuit thing. Especially with Axl getting the credit for the songs he did not write (except lyrics).

If Steven did not invent drum parts, the who did it?

The other side of the story and people are defending Steven for creating the demo drum patters for the early UYI sessions. I mean, what the fuck?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

I believe Adler is right regarding the whole lawsuit thing. Especially with Axl getting the credit for the songs he did not write (except lyrics).

If Steven did not invent drum parts, the who did it?

The other side of the story and people are defending Steven for creating the demo drum patters for the early UYI sessions. I mean, what the fuck?

The lawsuit wasn't about Steven's songwriting credits though, since (according to his lawyer's comments at the time) they weren't affected by the contract he had signed and his firing. Same goes for Steven's other royalties.

Possibly his revenues had just been withheld temporarily during his "probation" period.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The lawsuit wasn't about Steven's songwriting credits though, since (according to his lawyer's comments at the time) they weren't affected by the contract he had signed and his firing. Same goes for Steven's other royalties.

Possibly his revenues had just been withheld temporarily during his "probation" period.

Well what was it about?

Royalties, right?

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

So do you think Axl wrote Steven's drum parts then? Just because Axl said that? Come on, use your brain ffs.

No, where does it say that exactly? 

Alan Niven said Duff often had to show Adler what to play: 

. “Let me say this,” adds Niven. “Steven is not the world’s best drummer by any stretch. Duff even had to show him what to play"

https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-chaotic-crazed-story-of-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion

Use my brain? You're obviously projecting.:lol:

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Thank you @Blackstar 👍

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

After reading what @Blackstar wrote and organised it would seem, to me, the truth may be somewhere in the middle. I don't feel my instincts have been proven wrong. If it was exactly as you say why would they try taking Steven's right to his likeness away from him for example? 

P.S. You are nauseating.

Opinions vary on that topic, I tend to believe Axl's and Duff's side of things over Adlers' version. Even Niven said that Duff had to show Adler what to play. 

Honest question, are you unable to discuss the topic without resorting to laughably pathetic personal insults?

Grow up! :crazy: