Jump to content

Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

When is the last time you personally bought a ticket to a show and Axl was a no-show, with no announcement, cancellation or notice? 

He hasn't been late to a single solitary NITL or ACDC show since 2016, so that situation has obviously been remedied. 

Also worth noting that has nothing to do with Adler's brother's idiot accusations aimed at GNR. 

 

Rose owes me about £60 in taxi fares.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I understand what you're saying, the difference between Slash's bro and Steven's bro, but there is a reason why Ash was forced to apologize, right?

He may not represent Slash or Slash feelings towards Axl at all, but his words were damaging at some capacity, especially because he lashed out at the fans, the fans who buy the tickets.

And by the time, Slash and Axl were still patching up their fragile relationship, so having Slash brother posting such harsh words in social media could have blown the reunion away to hell.

Remember this band has always been weak in 'communication' terms. Some people talking shit. Other people gossiping behind the back. They love drama and many of the issues that led them to the break up are related to miscommunication.

Of course there must be a ton of reasons aside from that. I just think that's the basis for the rest. The origin in which to base all the other reasons.

It wouldn't be cool if it was forced (and more exactly, if it looked forced) but the fans are owed a lot.

They are who they are thanks to the fans. Without an audience you wouldn't have an "undeniably popular and lucrative" tour.

 

So what do Guns owe you? Other then possibly some hours of sleep while waiting for them to hit the stage back in the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it even matter.

These people have no involvement or influence with the band or current band members. 

Its all in the past.

These people and some posters need to start looking at the now and the future.

The only thing that matters is 2 people have put there past issues behind them, and the current band seem happy, content and getting on with life.

Others should do the same.

  

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

I know this is a source of contention and a very volatile subject, but I don't think the fans are "owed" anything- other than, If fans buy a ticket they are owed a show, if fans buy merchandise they get to own that item, and if fans buy an album they get to own a copy of that music. 

Other than that, no-  fans don't get a say with internal band decisions. 

Excerpt:

You do not own the bands you listen to. You aren’t shareholders. This sense of entitlement has gotten out of control over the last ten years where fans feel that musicians (or writers, artists, etc.) are beholden to them to be accountable for every and all changes and actions a band makes. Like there needs to be a fucking ballot sent out to everyone on the mailing list to have a vote on what move the band should make next. Musicians don’t owe you shit, especially not with the way so many people just download their music anyway or buy from bootlegers instead of from the bands themselves. The only thing I think a band should be obligated to do is be polite to their fans, don’t treat them like plebs or whatever it is you kids call morons these days. 

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2016/08/08/krieg-s-neill-jameson-on-fan-entitlement-and-what-bands-really-owe-you/

Yes, its a sensitive topic but here we are sharing opinions, aren't we? None of us is either right or wrong ;)

With that said, my opinion is that while the band doesn't legally owe us anything because, as you say, they delivered their product (album, show, merchandise) ALMOST (:lol:) at the same time we payed for it, what I'm talking about is something broader and does not fit legal or financial terms.

I am talking about gratitude and recognition. Like when you are a kid, you receive attention, food, clothing and a roof on your shoulders from your parents. When you grow up and move out, you don't need them to provide you the basic needs anymore, but you have a moral duty with them that might enter in action when they can't do things for themselves and it is your turn to reciprocate what they did for you.

Audiences are a thing, they exist and they've been largely studied by sociology. I don't know who is that you're quoting but they sound very arrogant to me and I don't think their OPINION can be used to represent the position on this matter of all the bands and artists in the world.

I mean, that's their opinion and that's fine.... I don't see it that way and I'm sure many others, artists included, do not agree with that. And I wasn't talking either about being "entitled" to decide what a band next move should be. That's an exaggeration and totally besides the point.

1 hour ago, Order of Nine said:

So what do Guns owe you? Other then possibly some hours of sleep while waiting for them to hit the stage back in the day.

Out of the top of my head??

A 2.5 million dollars house and a Mercedes Benz, for starters... :tongue2:

36 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

These people and some posters need to start looking at the now and the future.

The only thing that matters is 2 people have put there past issues behind them, and the current band seem happy, content and getting on with life.

Others should do the same.

Yeah, then tell Downzy to close the forum down.

Following your logic, this place should not exist at all.

Great idea!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

Why does it even matter.

These people have no involvement or influence with the band or current band members. 

Its all in the past.

These people and some posters need to start looking at the now and the future.

The only thing that matters is 2 people have put there past issues behind them, and the current band seem happy, content and getting on with life.

Others should do the same.

  

 

 

I recall some wankers on here saying the same pre NITL. 

“Move on Slash ain’t coming back” 

I like the original 5, if only Izzy came back great, but that’s what I like and fuck anyone who thinks they will tell me what I like and don’t like. 

“No involvement with the band” .... Who wrote the songs they are playing for $$$$$ on this tour. VIP packages where you don’t meet the band.... 

You can choose to go or not go. But you have to allow it to be discussed. 

  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I recall some wankers on here saying the same pre NITL. 

“Move on Slash ain’t coming back” 

I like the original 5, if only Izzy came back great, but that’s what I like and fuck anyone who thinks they will tell me what I like and don’t like. 

“No involvement with the band” .... Who wrote the songs they are playing for $$$$$ on this tour. VIP packages where you don’t meet the band.... 

You can choose to go or not go. But you have to allow it to be discussed. 

It's funny to read them talking about "moving on" when this band hasn't moved on at all since 1993 :rofl-lol:

Like, really, what moving on have they made? Chinese Democracy? That was 10 years ago TOO! :facepalm:

And now they are back to playing the same old songs, same old albums and even the cover songs are old as F :lol:

 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, killuridols said:

I am talking about gratitude and recognition. Like when you are a kid, you receive attention, food, clothing and a roof on your shoulders from your parents. When you grow up and move out, you don't need them to provide you the basic needs anymore, but you have a moral duty with them that might enter in action when they can't do things for themselves and it is your turn to reciprocate what they did for you.

As long as your parents respect your decisions, do not try to decide who you should walk with, whom you should relate to, do not attack and disrespect the people you have chosen to be around just because they would prefer others ... and especially understand that they fed you and supported you in childhood so that you could later make your own life and not become a puppet in their hands...It’s ok!  But honestly, I don't think that's the case with Guns N’ Roses fans, is it? Just take a look around here..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derick said:

As long as your parents respect your decisions, do not try to decide who you should walk with, whom you should relate to, do not attack and disrespect the people you have chosen to be around just because they would prefer others ... and especially understand that they fed you and supported you in childhood so that you could later make your own life and not become a puppet in their hands...It’s ok!  But honestly, I don't think that's the case with Guns N’ Roses fans, is it? Just take a look around here..

All parents and children have disagreements and difference of opinions but in general (not focusing on the exceptions) most of that dissipates when you mature and also when you become a parent yourself, you get to understand them.

Helping your parents in need does not equal becoming a puppet. It's an act of love and gratitude. Same as helping your siblings or anyone else in your family. There comes a time when roles reverse.

I don't know what you mean with "that's not the case with Guns N' Roses fans" and "take a look around here" :question:

There are people here that have supported this band for more than 20 years. If that means nothing to you then maybe you need to revisit some core values.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jamillos said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steven-adlers-brother-calls-drummers-onetime-guns-n-roses-bandmates-greedy-selfish-people-with-no-heart/

I don’t know where to put this. 
There may be something about it, but I still think the dude is embarrassing. 

In this article of Blabbermouth the most of comments be against Steven and his brother, very different posters in this forum,two different worlds😨

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, killuridols said:

All parents and children have disagreements and difference of opinions but in general (not focusing on the exceptions) most of that dissipates when you mature and also when you become a parent yourself, you get to understand them.

 

Well, IMO we´re in the exceptions area. It's kinda selfish and unhealthy the way we, hard-core ones, deal with this matter. I mean,try to imagine parents forcing their son to relate (even against his will) to someone they know very well that, at least at that moment, he doesn´t want to, doesn´t feel at ease...This is not about wearing a white T-shirt or a black one, this is not about baking turkey or ribs on Christmas Eve, human relationship goes way beyond that and it's personal, no one should force anyone to relate to anyone, parents shouldn´t  require something like this, even more so if they know that their child is happy and successful.

About growing up or be mature...Maybe being a mature person is also understand that is to know that there is a sacred zone in the lives of those whom we adore or love where we should not dare to disrespect because it´s very personal and it´s up to that person alone to decide what to do about it.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Helping your parents in need does not equal becoming a puppet. It's an act of love and gratitude. Same as helping your siblings or anyone else in your family. There comes a time when roles reverse.

We can even try to help our parents in their needs, but everything has a limit, especially when those needs have a lot to do with our own life. Some needs are very invasive and need to be re-evaluated especially if our parents have acted like ¨%$¨%, IDK..

 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I don't know what you mean with "that's not the case with Guns N' Roses fans" and "take a look around here" :question:

There are people here that have supported this band for more than 20 years. If that means nothing to you then maybe you need to revisit some core values.

In my opinion this support is extremely relative, I'm sure we don´t become fans for charity. We received something in exchange for it, otherwise no one would be around here. I even think it´s dishonest to use the support thing to justify our attitude. We support them as long as they give us what we want, otherwise, there is no support(I include myself in it). Again, just take a look around here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only Guns N' Roses fans talk about ''not being owned anything''. That is how thoroughly depressing it is supporting them. Most fan-band relations possess reciprocity. 

It is an odd sort of a set up innit?  Patrons getting snotty on the artists behalf regarding their not having anything patronise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 1:27 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

The idea of fn' Duff McKagan showing Steven Adler what to play is so absurd that it blows my mind. That's like saying Steven taught Axl how to sing... :facepalm:

Have anyone listened to Believe In Me? Legendary drummer Duff McKagan played drums on most of it. Is there anyone who thinks the drumming on that album is superior to the drumming on Appetite? Personally I haven't heard anything special or memorable on it but I'm sure Duff didn't play his best on purpose to make Steven look cool :smiley-confused2:

It's very logical and likely that Duff and Steven worked closely together on all tracks of AFD and Lies and that Duff told him what was needed. The bass guitar and drums are the driving rhythm section of GNR or ant rock band and the two MUST be on the same page with what they're doing. 

Because Duff showed him parts doesn't imply Duff thinks he's a superior drummer it only shows that Duff may be the better musician. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only Guns N' Roses fans talk about ''not being owned anything''. That is how thoroughly depressing it is supporting them. Most fan-band relations possess reciprocity. 

Only Guns N' Roses fans are pissy about their band not doing as they think it should. No wait, any sufficiently fanny fan act the same way when they feel mistreated by whoever they idolize. "Boohoo, I defend them when my friends say they are shit, and now they won't reunite with Steven Adler! Boohoo, I went to 14 of their shows last year and now they won't release a new record! They treat me so badly!" 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

What do people actually mean with fans having "supported" a band? We have bought records and tickets, yes, and for that we have (usually) received music and shows in return. We have also LIKED the band, because we are fans; we discuss the band, we tell other people about the band, we might defend the band, etc, but all these things are stuff we decide to do. That's the support, right? But the band has never asked us to do this. The band has never entered some kind of agreement with us where we should support them and them shall then give us something in return.

I already explained to the other guy what I meant by being "owed" (maybe you should re-read it).

What boggles my mind is this insistance with associating everything, even the emotional, to some sort of commerce and regulations. Makes me wonder how far Crapitalism has gone that some people can only think in terms of money and lawsuits. :facepalm:

No, dude, no. Support (aside from the $$$$ part) means being there when they need you. Do you need a translation for this case? Ok, going to shows of nuGN'R in the early 2000's. Waiting (not literally though) more than a decade for an album. Perhaps, going to their hotels and try to say hi to them or tell them how much you like them for their work; making long lines under the sun to get a good spot in the stadium, etc. etc. etc.

"But they are all things you decide to do"... oh really? I've got news for you: you decide to do things all the time, everyday of your life. You decide what to eat, what to wear, what to watch on tv, what music to listen to, who you want to be with, etc. Yeah, well... sometimes you can't decide certain things, but let's say that in general, if you belong to the "lucky" portion of the humans of this planet, you can exercise your free will in whatever way you please. So the question is.... and? How does this invalidates reciprocation in a relationship? Do you want me to go metaphysical into what a "relationship" is about?

No. Ok.

"The band has never entered an agreement with fans...".... Yeah, no kidding. Do you enter agreements with every person that you have a relationship with? :lol:

I wouldn't want to offend you but this kind of reasoning speaks more about how you operate in your own life than how the world really functions. So I won't go there to personal stuff but it does sound strange to me that you talk about legal agreements when we are talking about feelings and emotions.

 

Edited by killuridols
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only Guns N' Roses fans talk about ''not being owned anything''. That is how thoroughly depressing it is supporting them. Most fan-band relations possess reciprocity. 

Lmao

What didn't you get that other fan bases have gotten???

This place is hilarious!

Let's do a Kickstarter and try to raise some funds for all the heartache the fans have been subjected to.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Completely agree with you on all your comments about this topic. Great posts!

Yes, a pragmatic and realistic approach, that makes sense. 

On the other hand, you have people that are still "owed" things, entitled, and have a warped sense of reality. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...