Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know. I feel it is properly debated by now. But we could pry a bit into your personal opinion on moral obligations, because it is quite fascinating?

If you hold a door for someone, are they morally obligated to hold the door for you? Even if they never asked for you to hold it for them in the first place?

If you fancy the neighbor, is he (or she) morally obligated to be nice to you?

If you LOVE Breaking Bad, have bought the series on all available formats and recommended it to all your friends, is the director obligated to make a new TV series in the same vein?

If the majority of Manchester United fans wants Mourinho to get the boot, are the owners morally obligated to act accordingly?

Just curious, is all.

:lol:

Ok, SOCRATES :facepalm:

Before I reply I have to make clear that topics related to morality are not rules stated anywhere. There are tons of studies on it and the authors differ a lot on what is morality, moral values, moral actions, etc.
Therefore, my answers will be based on my own set of values and my culture (I was born & raised in Argentina under the Catholic religion. I quitted the church around 20 years ago)

1) I believe moral obligations are rooted in your conscience, therefore, if that person feels they are morally obligated to hold the door for me, they will do it, regardless of me asking for it or not.
I always hold the door for people who I see could be in trouble holding the door by themselves. For i.e.: old people, children, people who've got their hands busy or have a physical problem with their arms/hands.
Most of them usually thank me for the actions. Very few have demostrated a discomfort by it or have not thanked me. I still hold the door for most people. I feel morally obligated to do it but more in a sense of "courtesy" and "good manners".

2) I'm not sure what "fancy" means in this case.... Do you mean if I am attracted to them?
If it's that, then my answer is no.

3) Nope.
If I really like that director I'd hope for them to keep making more series but not sure if in the "same vein".

4) Again I'm not sure what "getting the boot" means.... Is it to fire him from the team?
If it's that, I think the owners are morally obligated to do what is best for the team. The performance of a soccer player is what should count and come first.
Soccer players are instruments for the team. Sometimes they can serve the game well and others they can't. It's not personal, I think.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the "owe us" discussion:

I believe they fuckin owe us an explanation of what the fuck is going on. If they are or not just a touring/nostalgia act right now to be precise.

Cause if they arent, I dont really think they owe us an album RIGHT NOW, the way I see it, this reunion is Guns N' Roses getting back for the first time after the Illusions tour and they are back together for just two years, I dont think they had enough time to release an album just yet. CD and CD lineup isnt Guns N Roses so I dont think we should count those years as "time we've waited for a Guns N Roses album". What we have now is Guns N Roses and its only been two years.

But if by late 2019 they havent done a single interview or press release saying anything about what is going on I'll just go away.

Right now I'm just feeling bored, by 2019 I'll probably feel cheated.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, default_ said:

I believe they fuckin owe us an explanation of what the fuck is going on. If they are or not just a touring/nostalgia act right now to be precise.

^^ This is the thing.

If we knew what the heck they are we wouldn't be having thoughts of being owed something, because you know what you should or should not expect.

Somehow I feel they will never address this topic because that's how they operate: in a cryptic way.

We know Slash will be busy for two years after the NITL tour only thanks to some hashtags his bandmates of his solo project posted on Instagram :facepalm:

I think he is getting in shape for Axl dc.... he would’ve already gotten in shape in 2016 for GNR if that motivated him and it didn’t. He knows the public will be watching Axl dc and he is ready for the challange

Edited by Underhardy
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 7:00 PM, killuridols said:

Yes, its a sensitive topic but here we are sharing opinions, aren't we? None of us is either right or wrong ;)

With that said, my opinion is that while the band doesn't legally owe us anything because, as you say, they delivered their product (album, show, merchandise) ALMOST (:lol:) at the same time we payed for it, what I'm talking about is something broader and does not fit legal or financial terms.

I am talking about gratitude and recognition. Like when you are a kid, you receive attention, food, clothing and a roof on your shoulders from your parents. When you grow up and move out, you don't need them to provide you the basic needs anymore, but you have a moral duty with them that might enter in action when they can't do things for themselves and it is your turn to reciprocate what they did for you.

You are seriously suffering from misguided entitlement issues. 

A dose of reality may be in order, musicians don't "owe" you anything, morally or legally. 

They are not your parents, you don't own the group or have any say in internal band business. 

This is really bizarre  :blink::crazy:

On 4/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Jarmo, is that you?

Ha Ha! :lol:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, default_ said:

For all the "owe us" discussion:

Cause if they arent, I dont really think they owe us an album RIGHT NOW, the way I see it, this reunion is Guns N' Roses getting back for the first time after the Illusions tour and they are back together for just two years, I dont think they had enough time to release an album just yet. CD and CD lineup isnt Guns N Roses so I dont think we should count those years as "time we've waited for a Guns N Roses album". What we have now is Guns N Roses and its only been two years.

But if by late 2019 they havent done a single interview or press release saying anything about what is going on I'll just go away.

Nobody "owes" you an explanation, updates or an album. 

Many fans form an emotional attachment to the band and develop misguided entitlement issues.

You don't get a say in internal band issues, all fans get to decide is whether to support the band by buying tickets, merch and albums when they are released. 

Nobody is "cheating" you. 

• Like 4

On 4/4/2018 at 11:36 AM, SoulMonster said:

I think it is VERY healthy to not feel artists owe their fans anything. Such feelings are likely to just result in disappointment since artists rarely can live up to the expectations of their devoted fans. To be a happy GN'R fan I think you have to go further, to a "always hope, never expect" mentality, but that's a digression.

Not even in a MORAL sense to Guns N' Roses owe their fans anything. The world doesn't work that way. It would make business sense to honor the hardcore fans and it would be a nice gesture to do so, but there is no moral obligations that they act in any special way simply because some people really, really, really like them.

Agree completely. 

Part of the issue is people convince themselves that they "need" things that in reality they only want. Wants and needs are very different things. 

The sad fact is that this mental gymnastic IE: convincing yourself you need what you want, results in misery. Sure, there is disappointment, frustration, or sadness when we don't get what we want- But devastation only really results when we think we need- must have, can't live without- what we want.

I don't understand the view some have expressed concerning how GNR supposedly morally owes the fans at all, I'm totally at a disconnect there. 

7 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Adding o the recent discussions: of course the band doesn't owe anything. Please.

YET, if you're gonna do something "public" in your field of work I expect you to do it right. Otherwise it's inevitable that you'll get my criticism and skepticism. Eventually, total alienation.

"right" is subjective though. 

Many people have many differing opinions on what is the "right" way to run operations or release things- etc. 

Just because someone does things differently than you would prefer them to be done, does not mean it isn't right for them, given their issues, perspectives, priorities and commitments. 

1 hour ago, RazorGunner said:

You are seriously suffering from misguided entitlement issues. 

A dose of reality may be in order, musicians don't "owe" you anything, morally or legally. 

They are not your parents, you don't own the group or have any say in internal band business. 

This is really bizarre  :blink::crazy:

And you are suffering from "I'm-gonna-pose-as-Axl-Rose-and-use-his-typical-speech-to-project-some-sense-of-self-importance"

:facepalm:

What you do is not only bizarre but truly pathetic.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 1:23 PM, default_ said:

Cheated by what exactly if I may ask?

Like all in all when GNR announced this reunion, the only thing I expected the band to follow through with are the shows they announced and sold tickets for.  Not that I wouldn't kill for a kickass new album though of course

Then again for me idk, I guess for me and the way I follow bands nowadays, I just enjoy what comes and have fun following a lot of different bands.  It is more enjoyable that way compared to assuming things will happen and getting disappointed when they don't.  This isn't directed at you specifically, more just in general

Edited by WhazUp

1 hour ago, Underhardy said:

Are we just going to brush over the fact Mickey Rourke just confirmed he heard Axl vocals a couple weeks ago. Last time Axl was letting people hear his Vocals before they were released was 2006 when he actually had ambition for CD.

If that's the real Mickey Rourke on instagram why doesn't he have the blue tick? Why do no other famous people follow him? I think it's a fan page...

• Like 1