Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, meanbone1980 said:

I think Duffs part is not correct, since he toured in 2014 and earlier?

He was just a special guest/touring musician during those years. Tommy hasn't left the band until 2015.

Edited by Sosso

On 12/25/2018 at 5:40 PM, itsprettytiedup said:

I don't know if this deserves it's own thread, but I find it very interesting. Can't find the episode online tho

6ckL0VO.png

If Axl speaking in a looney tunes cartoon as a character of himself and then singing a new song in the show isn’t grounds for a new thread I don’t know what is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to congratulate you on being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

Thank you.

How does it feel to be inducted as a member of Guns N’ Roses and to see your name in there now?

Well it wasn’t without controversy as you know but the whole concept was an honour. It came and went and it is there but right now the tour is the most important thing. I’ve just been focussing on that and believe me, it takes a bit of preparation for me to get ready to come out and do this. It has been quite a hectic few weeks with that and the tour leading up to when we got on the plane to head out.

I hope you don’t mind me asking but considering the honour you were receiving, why didn’t you attend the ceremony? Was that due to tour preparations or did you not feel the circumstances were right due to the controversy?

Well you know Axl decided not to go because he felt that it wasn’t right and I stand by him. The reasons he gave made sense to me and I agreed with him so I chose not to go as well.

When you look at it all, the Hall Of Fame induction really just caused more damage than it did good because while Guns N’ Roses have always been under fire, it just ignited a new wave of hatred and abuse.

Well, like you said “congratulations,” we’re in the Hall Of Fame man and that’s cool. That’s all there is to it now, time for people to move on.

http://espyrock.com/interviews/interview-guns-n-roses-dizzy-reed

Do you regret that you didn’t go to the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony?

No, I don’t regret it. You know, myself and Axl and Izzy, we made a decision. There’s still some things I don’t understand about it. There was opposition regarding a performance and having the current line-up perform, which to me was just ridiculous because Tommy Stinson has been in the band for like sixteen years. And Richard Fortus has been in the band for twelve years. Basically, most of those guys have been a member of Guns N Roses longer than the guys who were there. So that didn’t make any sense to me. I didn’t understand who was behind that or why that had to be like that.

But I want to say this: Being accepted into the Hall Of Fame and being told I was going to be accepted into the Hall Of Fame, I’m very honored to have my name mentioned along with all the other artists that are in the Hall Of Fame and I don’t take that for granted. And personally, I don’t think I’m worthy. But it was an honor to be told that. But then again, the line-up issues and that we could each only bring one guest. If there are any other guests, I’d have to pay full price for tickets and it’s not cheap. So it was like, well, I can take my mom but not my dad. I could take my wife but not my son. I could take one of my kids. I could take my brother but not my best friend. I don’t know, I’m scratching my head: Where does that money go? (laughs) Does Rod Stewart or Meatloaf have that problem? So yeah, there were just some things that I didn’t quite understand that couldn’t be answered, so I had good reason to do what I did. It is what it is and I don’t regret it.

https://glidemagazine.com/40789/dizzy-read/

He didn't decline the induction like Axl... He simply wasn't there

Edited by WAR™

On 31.12.2018 at 3:20 PM, WAR™ said:

Basically, most of those guys have been a member of Guns N Roses longer than the guys who were there. So that didn’t make any sense to me.

I always wonder when reading such things -  is he an idiot or is he just pretending to be?

I thought the band didn't get inducted because it so graciously existed and so graciously played at the weddings but for the music they created, in which neither of the aforementioned guys, including Dizzy himself (how unfortunate), had any participation...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is awesome!
We need more photos and info from this unclear GNR era!
Is impressive how Josh was forgotten. Although he is a drummer he simply wrote the title track of the last GNR album.

cool pic. Josh said he didn't remember exactly how many tunes he wrote for Axl. I think he said 4 or 5 including the title track and that there were all on the AAA list. Not only an exceptional drummer but also wrote tunes or at least came up with the initial ideas for songs Axl actually liked.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 10:03 PM, Rovim said:

cool pic. Josh said he didn't remember exactly how many tunes he wrote for Axl. I think he said 4 or 5 including the title track and that there were all on the AAA list. Not only an exceptional drummer but also wrote tunes or at least came up with the initial ideas for songs Axl actually liked.

Josh has drum arrangement credits for Chinese, The Blues, TWAT, Riad, and Prostitute.

Edited by GNR 1991