Unofficial GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Yes, I'm being serious. Why? What I meant by AFD5 was the constant line-up regarding the touring and songwriting, not just one-off performance...

You may wonder, but without AFD5 you won't get new music...even if you get, I am not interested in CD leftovers or Melissa, Frank, Fortus driven record...

Simple as that...

I think i agree with you, i don't want new music if its going to sound like CD which is what i worry it would do :max:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Yes, I'm being serious. Why? What I meant by AFD5 was the constant line-up regarding the touring and songwriting, not just one-off performance...

You may wonder, but without AFD5 you won't get new music...even if you get, I am not interested in CD leftovers or Melissa, Frank, Fortus driven record...

Simple as that...

It won't necessarilly be like that. There may be some "CD II" stuff but we all know Slash is writing music everyday.

I think some of the Axl stuff could sound really good with Slash (and Duff) and a better production and I'd personally love to hear some of the Slash stuff with Axl Rose on vocals.

Still, I agree nothing would top having the AFD5 back. Even if there was no new music, they way the band would sound would be absolutely mindblowing. And getting new music written by Izslaxl would be the best thing fn' ever!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Of course Who else gonna be GN'R Vocalist on the album if not Axl? :lol:

that wasn't the point....I've tried to be fairly non-opinionated on this issue, but people who think Guns N Roses is a great band bc of Axl (and then whoever else happens to be around) should realize by now that isn't the case. 

In all honesty while the re-grouping is great, there's a lot of people in these parts who only know the true brilliance of GnR based on YouTube clips of the late 80's/early 90's.   

If you're an Axl Rose fan only, good for you, I have no issue with that.  But a lot of people are Guns N Roses fans first and foremost.  I think I speak for most of "us" in that there's no problem with Axl singing and even recording with AC/DC, but give us a god damn GnR record, that's what we probably all here really want.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

that wasn't the point....I've tried to be fairly non-opinionated on this issue, but people who think Guns N Roses is a great band bc of Axl (and then whoever else happens to be around) should realize by now that isn't the case. 

In all honesty while the re-grouping is great, there's a lot of people in these parts who only know the true brilliance of GnR based on YouTube clips of the late 80's/early 90's.   

If you're an Axl Rose fan only, good for you, I have no issue with that.  But a lot of people are Guns N Roses fans first and foremost.  I think I speak for most of "us" in that there's no problem with Axl singing and even recording with AC/DC, but give us a god damn GnR record, that's what we probably all here really want.

With Slash N' Duff in the Band maybe We will get it soon 

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't like GN'R because of Axl.

It was the combination of 5 great musicians that made me a fan. Axl would probably be after both Slash and Duff if I made a list of members that to me makes GN'R so special.

I'm first and foremost a fan of the 85-93 era all though I do like both CD and Slash's solo stuff (I really enjoyed Loaded with Duff too!). 

Would I prefer a GN'R album to an Axl/DC one? Of course I would!

Would I like and Axl/DC album? Hell yeah!

Does having one of these rule out the other? No.

Do I and most GN'R fans want to hear an album with Axl's newly recorded vocals? I would think so.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1